Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by deven »

^thats a good point..lol..but i think it would still be interesting. i am excited!

about simon...even though he isnt my favorite character...i agree his story was left pretty open...a lot still hasnt been said.
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
librarybooks
Wandering Through Town

Post by librarybooks »

Question:

Would you consider Clary to be a strong female character if you only read City of Bones? Why?
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

I personally see Clary in COB simply as "young", as anyone 15/16 year old would be. In the first book she was so naive as to the realities of both the mundane and supernatural worlds. Watching her grow into herself is one thing that made the trilogy so addictive!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Would you consider Clary to be a strong female character if you only read City of Bones? Why? I considered her a strong character in the first book. She was not just central but the potential she had, you knew she was destined for something but had some maturing to do. In that, the promise in her is what makes her a strong character. The elements we see of it, her stubbornness and fierceness in her protection of those she loved, her ability to commit to action. It's the more mature aspects that would temper those things into being more positive than negative; wisdom, strategy, planning, experience.

I finally got and finished CoG!!! It's wonderful to see how Clary matured and grew and I know she is not done yet. I agree that Simon posses the best continuation as so much is unsure of his future.

I do look forward to the prequels. I think it will be interesting to see Magnus younger. How he may have been different then than the is now.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
WonderRobbie
Settled in Forks

Post by WonderRobbie »

I just finished this series and thought it was amazing.
I like the way Cassandra writes especially. She has a very unique way to incorporate the realness of the characters and settings with the magical parts. She has a sort of a JK Rowling feeling to her writing.
I am looking forward to the prequels as well.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Okay, so I just finished the first one. It was awesome! Although I was cheering for Jace, and I'm so sad that he's Clary's brother. Ick, my stomach was sick when I read that. But, um, yeah that's all I have to say since I only just finished City of Bones.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

I just started city of bones today!
i love it, and how at the beginning it flips from clary to the blue haired kids perspective
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

una wrote:I finally got and finished CoG!!! It's wonderful to see how Clary matured and grew and I know she is not done yet. I agree that Simon posses the best continuation as so much is unsure of his future.

I do look forward to the prequels. I think it will be interesting to see Magnus younger. How he may have been different then than the is now.
At the signing I attended Cassandra said that right now she is obviously focusing on the prequels (and had AR copies of the first chapter of Clockwork Princess available) but continuing Simon's story is a very strong possibility. This thrilled me no end as I am Team Simon. She implied that if there is enough fan support that this will happen. :D
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Great news! Then how do we show our fan support for Simon's story? Shall we inundate her with emails or what? I know I would love to read the continuing story of Simon after the prequels.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I am on the third one where she is making out with jace after tha Wayland Manor thing.
hehe
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~