Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by una »

No, Sebastian and Valentine are both dead. There are no second chances for them. It was part of what I enjoyed about the trilogy, at the end both Jace and Clary's lives are resolved. Now, the only way to continue the series in my opinion is through Simon since his life is pretty much left so open ended. I feel that even Alec and Mangus are resolved, however there is room for Isabelle to have story options as well.

There is an excerpt up on Cassandra's site for The Clockwork Angel (first book in the Infernal Devices). Plus she has the characters list up as well. I'm really excited for this series to come out. It really looks interesting!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^Thanks so much for posting those! I'm getting excited already, and it's not even released until next autumn. Which I'm assuming is autumn for the Northern Hemisphere, so that'll be spring. Oh well, something to look forward to!
(I like how one of the characters has my name :D )

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

addictedbooklover wrote:^Thanks so much for posting those! I'm getting excited already, and it's not even released until next autumn. Which I'm assuming is autumn for the Northern Hemisphere, so that'll be spring. Oh well, something to look forward to!
(I like how one of the characters has my name :D )
So, who's the character with your name??? (if you don't mind sharing -- I was just curious)

OK, guys, the reason I ask about if Sebastian is dead or not is because his body is missing at the end of City of Glass. I didn't really think about it much until I saw it mentioned on one of the Mortal Instrument's FAQ page. The author didn't answer it, by the way, maybe she's not even sure about where it is. I just thought it was odd . . .
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

una wrote:
There is an excerpt up on Cassandra's site for The Clockwork Angel (first book in the Infernal Devices). Plus she has the characters list up as well. I'm really excited for this series to come out. It really looks interesting!
It sounds like Will and Tessa will be the Jace/Clary of this series.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yes it does, but it seems like this is a bit of a twist with the character Jem (a little of the love triangle like Jace/Clary/Simon but different). I don't read a lot of historical period type books, but I am REALLY excited for this one. There may be a few similarities but I think she will have enough twists and differences to make it really good. I'm really looking forward to this trilogy. Especially since we'll be seeing Magnus.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote: (I like how one of the characters has my name :D )

So, who's the character with your name??? (if you don't mind sharing -- I was just curious)
Charlotte. Old-fashioned enough to find in historical books!
I enjoy reading historical books, so I'm extremely excited for Infernal Devices :D

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I can't wait to for Infernal Devices series. There is already a series named that, which I've read some of, but it's about something different. The exerpt looks good, it will be interesting reading more of the history of shadowhunters.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

Hey y'all, I just finished City of Bones and thought it was great, I am about to read City of Ashes! Can't wait!
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

runswithwolves wrote:Hey y'all, I just finished City of Bones and thought it was great, I am about to read City of Ashes! Can't wait!
woo woot!
they are amazing!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Hey guys!
I just got City of Bones from the bookstore yesterday and I'm about to start reading it.
I'm so excited! I heard they were great!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!