Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missy_6_2_90
Settled in Forks

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by missy_6_2_90 »

Oh my gosh, i just got to say that i LOVE this series. it doesnt compare to twilight but i still love it. i keep hopin that in the last book you find out that Jace isnt really Clary's bro. i really think that they make a good couple and it would be sad if they are really brother and sister. i also hope they kick Valentine's *buttocks* :lol:
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I don't believe for a minute that they're actual siblings. Once Simon was turned into a vampire, it sealed the deal for me. They won't pair Clary up with a vampire.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

:shock: Crazy, insane author-lady, say WHAT?!?... He's her... but!... they already... aww man, why?... and she still... DO HUH?

Man, that's the biggest "...what the..." I've heard since Bella's morning-sickness.

For those of you who don't speak confused-dizzy-Mimi-ese, that roughly translates into "I just finished Bones".
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

nissanmama wrote:I don't believe for a minute that they're actual siblings. Once Simon was turned into a vampire, it sealed the deal for me. They won't pair Clary up with a vampire.
I so know what you mean. And that inquistor lady something she said to Jace made me think that he is actually Michael Wayland's son and not Valentine's.. Well i'm hoping! Clary and Jace have to end up together!!
;)
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

K-Dawg wrote:I so know what you mean. And that inquistor lady something she said to Jace made me think that he is actually Michael Wayland's son and not Valentine's.. Well i'm hoping! Clary and Jace have to end up together!!
;)
*SPOILER ALERT*

I caught that too and it has me thinking. His star tattoo means something. Maybe a lot of people haven't seen it, but what if that marks means he is someone else's son. Plus, the fairy Queen mentioned that Clary and Jace were his experiments. He could have taken others children trying to either fulfill some prophecy he knows or create his own personal super army. Jace's abilities are unparalleled in fighting and if Clary had been trained like most Shadowhunters, her ability would be frightening! With Simon and Maia dating (a little Romeo/Juliet there) which seems like a good fit, unless she plans to have them fall out. It has always seemed to me that Jace and Clary are just meant to be, not just the Leah/Luke thing from Star Wars. I can't help believe that they aren't really related and that Valentine is just finding something/anything to use for his benefit. He seems to take great pleasure in twisting perceptions because it is how he gains advantage. Oh, and thoughts on the future of Alex and Magnus? Then there is poor Isabelle (goodness, Clare really likes to give her character's tortured love lifes) who seems to be a loser/wrong guy magnet!

For GNE, since she's catching up, let's do spoiler warnings. Do you need help grading? Scan and email them to me, my little students are feverishly working on their first project/assignment. Is it evil to take a small amount of pleasure in seeing them panic? Does that make me a bad person? :twisted: I did give them an extra day since they looked so forlorn last Thursday.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

When I read the books, I didn't so much think the Inquistor tried to tell Jace he was MW son, I thought she might be saying Jace was her grandson. Why else would she die for him. There was so much mention of how important family was to her (sometimes I felt like I was being beaten with a 2 X 4 over it.) But whoever is his father, Jace and Clary have to be not related. Because for me, even the idea that they could be almost ruins the book for me. I really really can't stomach it.
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

The way that Bones ended makes me almost NOT want to read Ashes, but I'm going to be a brave Mimi and take your collective word for it, and launch into the second one. But I'm telling ya right now, if Isabelle joins a convent or Church mates with the darn bird or something, I'm dumping this series.

Joking... kinda. :|
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Likeasunburn wrote:But I'm telling ya right now, if Isabelle joins a convent or Church mates with the darn bird or something, I'm dumping this series.
Ha! You had me laughing out loud! No, don't worry, your predictions are unfounded. I can't guarantee for City of Glass, but you should be safe with Ashes, it is an improvement.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

una wrote:
I caught that too and it has me thinking. His star tattoo means something. Maybe a lot of Oh, and thoughts on the future of Alex and Magnus? Then there is poor Isabelle (goodness, Clare really likes to give her character's tortured love lifes) who seems to be a loser/wrong guy magnet!
I love Magnus and Alec! Oh man, their relationship must be so weird. Will Alec ever get over his 'crush' on Jace? I think it's funny (dramatic irony) that everyonr else sees it but Jace doesn't! I wonder what Mr and Mrs Lightwood would think.... ;)
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Yes!!!!

Discussing!!!

I am so excited!

But yes i really hope Alec and Magnus find a way to be together.

And with Clary and Jace ahhh i really hope they can be together too i love them. I have no idea wat is going to happen. but they both have that star scar and that is important. I whish i had more information however.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter