Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ravee
Settled in Forks

Re: Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Post by Ravee »

I LOVE to bite... does that count?? Before SM, I had done my own research about the possibilities of vamps. I can't explain the biting. It is NOT your normal seductive nibbling, it is an urge to actually bite down HARD till it fills some sort of need I have... does that make sense??

There are other things too... but this was the first to hit my mind.
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Feathers wrote: la_tua_cantante - It's certainly unusual, and quite clever. I tend to see myself in third person when I do projection meditations - when you meditate and then see yourself going somewhere else. If you don't meditate, you might consider picking it up. It sounds like it would come very naturally to you, but I don't really know. I only (barely) understand myself, and each of us is very unique.
I've actually considered looking into something like that. These "out of body" experiences used to freak me out because there was a point in time where it was like I couldn't turn them off. I'd be in the middle of mundane activities and all of a sudden I felt like I was viewing them from elsewhere. Strange, but I kind of like it. :)
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Haha Ravee - I bite people in fights. Yeah, I don't fight fair, but if you're a boy, and you think it's completely fair to try and wrestle with me, then I'm going to bite you. That's about the extent of my biting. Remind me not to get near you when you're hungry. :shock:

La Tua Cantante - Seriously, you should totally look into working with that. I bet it would be great fun; it might even lead to projection. I mean, if you can pop your... "Soul" for lack of a better word out of your body and look down at yourself, maybe you could make it move to other places, too. Like, you're still standing there, eating your sandwich, but then you're walking around to your friends house invisivle since you're out of your body. I'd imagine the safest place to practice that would be like, as you're falling asleep in bed, so if you do leave you're body, it's not just hanging out defenslessly or something.

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

My hands a feet are ALWAYS freezing cold to the touch. No joke. They are always cold.

And my friends tell me I'm not human. They think that there is something weird about me. And strange. Idk.

Lol. True things.
ceenindee
Settled in Forks

Post by ceenindee »

Sometimes I feel like I haven't quite finished evolving. :lol:

For example, sometimes as I'm falling asleep I rub my head up all and down my pillow, especially if I've just washed my sheets. It's something my body does instinctively without me thinking about it, like scratching a bug bite or squinting in the sun. I didn't know what to make of it until I saw my friend's cat doing the same thing--which, as you probably know, is what animals do to mark their territory. So apparently my brain is stuck in the Cretaceous period, because I don't think modern humans still feel the need to leave their scent all over the place ;)

Something else kind of weird--I have phantom toes. Sometimes it feels like I should really have twelve, and the two extra ones are like the thumbs on my hands, so my feet don't feel foot-shaped anymore. If my feet looked the way they felt when that happened, they'd be more chimpanzee than human. It might make sense if I'd actually been born with twelve toes, but I wasn't. I don't know, maybe I was a monkey in a past life; maybe I was just dropped on my head as an infant, but somehow my brain thinks its missing parts it never had in the first place. If that makes any sense at all... :roll:

So if I was a nonhuman, I think I'd be more like a werewolf (werecat? weregorilla? weresomething anyways) than a vampire.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I know I'm human, but there has to be something about me. People seem averted to me, especially guys. I know I don't talk unless spoken to and maybe appear the odd one out, but I never had this problem before last year. Guys barely want to talk to me and only two are acquainted with me where as before guys never had a problem with me and I was friends with more then two. Is it because I'm not like the other girls they grew up around or am I sending off some signal without realizing it? And both guys and girls just seem to have this uncomfortable look on their face when they're around me. What the heck am I doing subconsciously or consciously or whatever to bring this on?
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sharenei »

Hmmm...

I can be in a room with one other person and completely disappear. (Alternatively, I'll be in the back of the car on a family trip, minding my own business, and my parents will forget and think they left me behind at the last gas station. Yes, this has actually happened.)

My skin, at any given time, is cold enough to chill water. My extremities can become like blocks of ice. (Yay writer's gloves!)

My hair has a death-grip on a sunnier form of blonde, and is an interesting combination of straight, curl, and wave.

I also have pointed ears...faintly pointed, but pointed.

On sister swears I'm a mermaid. The other, an elf.

Me? I'm just here, minding my own business. Could I be something other than human? Maybe. If I'm not, I like being human too much to care.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i have tried numerously to do everything in my power to be a vampire.

i dont like sun, i look good pale, i like my men sparkly! come onnnn, let me be a vampire!!!!
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

AliceLauren wrote:My hands a feet are ALWAYS freezing cold to the touch. No joke. They are always cold.

And my friends tell me I'm not human. They think that there is something weird about me. And strange. Idk.

Lol. True things.
Same for me, and I was blue when I was born, but there was nothing wrong with me.
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Sharenei wrote:Hmmm...

I can be in a room with one other person and completely disappear. (Alternatively, I'll be in the back of the car on a family trip, minding my own business, and my parents will forget and think they left me behind at the last gas station. Yes, this has actually happened.)

My skin, at any given time, is cold enough to chill water. My extremities can become like blocks of ice. (Yay writer's gloves!)

I also have pointed ears...faintly pointed, but pointed.

Me? I'm just here, minding my own business. Could I be something other than human? Maybe. If I'm not, I like being human too much to care.
I 'disappear' too. I've started calling it Casper Syndrome. I think people forget I'm around, I do feel invisible at times. If I had a nickle for evertime someone told me they forgot I was there, I'd be rich. Thanks, I'm that boring, you forget I exist!

I'll walk over to someone and they'll say I scared them. Ok, I'm not Elf, can't people hear me coming? I am a light walker, but how can you miss a person walking towards you?!

I also have slightly pointed ears, and I also have an extra bone in one ear- most people don't know that stuff. I'd like to think I was an Elf, but I know my ears just formed differently because I was born premature.

Many of you mention having cold extremities- hands and feet. I have the same problem, but the weird thing is, I usually feel hot even though my hands and feet are cold. I'm that person in the room who's always hot, I'm not going through menopause so what gives? What gets me is my body temperature is usually 97.6 to 97.8. Wouldn't that make me feel cold most times?

For all of you who want to learn about having cold extremities, you may want to do some research there's a term for it. It's called
Reynaud's Syndrome. I didn't know there was a name for it, it's more common than I thought, if I didn't know already from reading all the posts! I just thought I'd pass the info along for anyone who's concerned or curious.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back