Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Post by Black »

Openhome wrote:OK, don't laugh, but I knew when all three of my grandparents died before anyone told me. I don't believe in most psychic stuff at all, but that did really happen. Two of them died several states away, and I called my mom to see what was wrong because I just knew they had passed, and they did. It was a long time ago, but it still sends shivers down my spine when I remember.

I was living with my aunt down in Tennessee in 2008 and one night around midnight I got an awful feeling. It was completely random and really made me want to call home to Ohio but I couldn't because it was so late. A couple days later my mom sent me an email telling me that she almost died while she was laying in bed. She said that she couldn't feel her heart beating and that she could feel her body going cold. As it turns out, it was the same night I had that horrible feeling so I thought that was pretty freaky. Especially since I don't even like my mom.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Black wrote:
♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:The only time I ever feel sympathy is when its someone else's and I feel sick because I can't stand it...my mum and shrink are starting to wonder if I'm a masochist or something.
Girl, that's what sympathy is. Feeling other peoples' pain.
Wrong again. Sympathy is feeling SORRY for other people. NOT feeling other people's pain.
Dictionary.com wrote:A feeling or an expression of pity or sorrow for the distress of another
Like I said, I was feeling too much sympathy/pity that wasn't my emotions, but it belonged to others. It made me feel sick.

Don't think I've mentioned this before but I rarely sleep. But the thing is I don't get tired. I will be up for 48+ hours usually before I go to sleep because I don't get tired. :roll:
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

:roll: actually some people do just have a higher tolerance of pain than others even without nerve damage. And since when was emotional pain not pain? where did she say "physical" in her description of sympathy? Maybe you should show your shrink this thread and see what happens. You're probably human. A lot more pathetic than we changeling fae.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Black wrote:
I was living with my aunt down in Tennessee in 2008 and one night around midnight I got an awful feeling. It was completely random and really made me want to call home to Ohio but I couldn't because it was so late. A couple days later my mom sent me an email telling me that she almost died while she was laying in bed. She said that she couldn't feel her heart beating and that she could feel her body going cold. As it turns out, it was the same night I had that horrible feeling so I thought that was pretty freaky. Especially since I don't even like my mom.

I am so glad someone else has had that experience! Thanks for sharing!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

[quote="Openhome"]Black wrote:

I am so glad someone else has had that experience! Thanks for sharing!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
Dictionary.com wrote:A feeling or an expression of pity or sorrow for the distress of another
Wrong again. Sympathy is feeling SORRY for other people. NOT feeling other people's pain.

Like I said, I was feeling too much sympathy/pity that wasn't my emotions, but it belonged to others. It made me feel sick.
Wrong again? lol --- EDIT: It just now occurred to me that when I stated "Sympathy is feeling other peoples' pain" you thought I meant physical pain. Of course I didn't. I meant emotional pain. That being said...

Sympathy: sharing the feelings of others (especially feelings of sorrow or anguish).

You were feeling something.... because the person beside you was upset. You. Were. Feeling. Sympathetic. That's what sympathy is. You're not feeling these emotions because you are upset, you're feeling them because the person beside you is upset and it's rubbing off on you. That's why they invented the word, because it happens.

It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

I have a question for all you who frequent this thread:

So, in this story I'm writing, there are beings called "Morans" the "more than humans." They all have powers, either physical or mental, above and beyond what most humans can do, much like the vampires of Twilight. The powers are the only difference between humans and Morans. It got me thinking: where do you draw the line between "normal" (and I use the word normal loosely) people and people who are something more. People who consistently have visions of the future that consistently come true, whether in dreams or waking, people who are so in tune to the thoughts and emotions of others that they can arguably read minds. Would you consider them human, or something more?
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

The only way to draw the line is if a person can both recognize and use a gift as a gift. What I mean is that if a person is able to do something extraordinary but doesn't know or simply doesn't use it, then they are normal. If a person is self-aware enough to recognize a gift and then use it, then they would be more than normal. Just a thought.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Well, at least I have considered that I'm not a normal human.... I can honestly say that I'm crazy...
but I do daydream about what it would be like to be an elf or vampire...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house