Friday the 13th (dun, dun, dun)--Superstitions

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Friday the 13th (dun, dun, dun)--Superstitions

Post by -Jasper »

^ If a month starts in Sunday there will be a friday the 13th in that month.

This year's one wasn't too bad, nothing really strange or unlucky happened at all.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

My hair was awful! :lol:

Does that count?!
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Did anyone else notice that we had 2 Friday the 13ths right in a row?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

We went to the China Garden (restaurant) on Friday after I got my eye exam and the fortune in my fortune cookie said: Someone can read your mind. And I was freaking out because lately I've been afraid of people weaseling their way into my thoughts- my thoughts are mine!

And my Chinese word of the day was: Doctor. What are the odds!

So I used my 'lucky' numbers and bought a $1 lottery ticket, hehe. Didn't win though. = /
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

^^ :lol: that was funny black

Personally I don't believe in superstitions. I own a black cat. I accidently broke a mirror the other day. My favorite number is 13. I walked under a ladder yesturday, too. And wanna know what happened after each one?

Black cat- After buying it and taking it home it walked in front of me and I got a vase of flowers delivered shortly after words from 'Anonymous' and I later found out it was my crush.

Broken mirror- I went outside to dispose of the broken pieces in the garbage and found $5 on the ground.

13- So many reasons its not even funny. Every time a number is involved I get/pick the number 13 and something good happens.

Ladder- I got a phone call saying that there was a mistake with my account at the bank and because of the trouble I went through they were going to put $20 in it.

So no. i don't believe in superstitions. Either I have so much good luck it cancels out the bad or superstitions aren't real.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

debussygirl wrote:Did anyone else notice that we had 2 Friday the 13ths right in a row?
Haha. Yes! Don't you think its got to...mean something? Like, this does not just happened. Being the superstitious freak that I am, I say it has some weird thing with it. Hm... :lol:
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

urcoolcarrie wrote:
debussygirl wrote:Did anyone else notice that we had 2 Friday the 13ths right in a row?
Haha. Yes! Don't you think its got to...mean something? Like, this does not just happened. Being the superstitious freak that I am, I say it has some weird thing with it. Hm... :lol:
Yes I have also noticed this and although I am not superstitious at all I do think that this might mean something. I mean come on! This never happens!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

urcoolcarrie wrote:
Yea, and the weirdest part is, is I just happened to make two separate appointments on both of those days. I rarely make appts for anything but I made one to get my hair cut in February and one to get my eyes checked in March. I was half expecting to walk out with no hair or with my eyes poked out or something.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I'm not THAT superstitious, though some things I do beleive. Also last year I was at my friends house and there was a picture(in a frame) leaning on the wall, and I got bumped by my friends brother and my heel went right through the glass(I was so embarrased) but I didn't get cut! Some days I'm really lucky and some days I have really bad luck. Also one day I couldn't do ANYTHING with my hair, ponytail, bun, top knot, braids, pigtails, nothing. Also that day it was really frizzy and static-y.
ImageImageImage