Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by Jasper<3 »

Nightvision wrote:" You make Fabio look pathetic."

Not the kind of compliement I was exspecting from the lady at Subway....
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
List, Gnat ♥
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nightvision »

Well if you like getting that type of compliment from a woman old enough to be your mother :lol:
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

ummmmmm not exactly but it is funny
List, Gnat ♥
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nightvision »

yeah it was funny.
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Post by Flairfive »

It's annoying, I also get eye compliments...but also flattering :P
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

"Your eyes are so beautiful." I wear colored contacts, lol.

The strangest complement I've ever gotten was when I was nine, my brother's friend (who was 16) told my brother that I was hot and if I was older he would totally date me. My bro kicked his butt. Hard.

Once at Home Depot a lady who worked there came up and started gushing about how beautiful my hair was, and saying how I was every hair stylists dream. I was like :? thanks...
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

Last night in the bathroom at my cousin's wedding some random drunk lady came up and kept telling me I had the most beautiful straight hair she'd ever seen and why couldn't she have been born with my hair?

What's really ironic about this is that my cousin who was getting married is the same one that was the first person I ever saw drunk when I was 7 years old. And he was also obsessed with hair. He kept on swinging my pointail back and forth and saying "POHHnytail, POOHnytail, katie has a POHHNIETAIL in her hair! weee!!" Over and over again. I was convinced he had turned mentally retarded overnight. This was a very scary matter for a 7 year old.

Naturally, I ran behind my mother, whimpering, while my cousin took 5 minutes to realize that he was no longer swinging a ponytail, but was now just making swoopy movements in the air like a band director on steroids.

What a WONDErful memory. And I had to relive it just last night. what fun.

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

One of my friend's ex-boyfriends:

*my youth minister comes up behind me and puts his hands over my eyes*
Me: AGHHAHH! Who is that?
Youth minister: *silence*
Friend's ex: "'Who is that?' *high nasally voice* haha"
Me: Hey, are you mocking me? The nasally sound is a northern thing.
Friend's ex: Oh yes, I was mocking you. And yes I know! I like it actually.*walks away*
Me: :?

Weird.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

My nana tells me I have good shoulders.
I was like 'what?'
She was like 'you have nice shoulders, swimmers shoulders'

Yah, urm.... LOVE YOU NAN! (ha!)

Once out of the blue my mum turned to my stepdad and goes 'look at that'
I looked and was like 'wtf'
'Laura's got a good nose'

??????? urm... someone save me from my family please.

I've also had compliments on my fingers (they're rather long) but I hate them personally. My feet have been complimented, my aunt Jo has once complimented my lips, my legs (hahaha short and chunky is what they are, but thanx to the person who complimented), and my figure (urrrmmmm yeah.. riiiiiiiight)

I understand other complients I get about my eyes (the shape of my eyes are somewhat asian aparantly)
,and the compliments on my hair. But that's about it

The most recent weird compliment was from a friend who told me I had nice hands and started running his finger over the lines in my palms. He then went on to say my hands were nice and soft. ???? dude... urm yeah (lol)
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sharenei »

bite-me wrote: The most recent weird compliment was from a friend who told me I had nice hands and started running his finger over the lines in my palms. He then went on to say my hands were nice and soft. ???? dude... urm yeah (lol)
Heh. Could just be where I come from, but them's be flirtin' words, right there. My Guy-ese is a little weak, but I'm fairly certain that a guy who says stuff like that and follows it up with touch is either just an incredibly tactile person or is more into you than you might think.

My handwriting has easily racked up the most compliments; it's some sort of practically uncopyable hybrid of print, cursive and stylism (is that a word, even) in a vaguely italic sense that is constantly evolving. My Junior-year English teacher absolutely loved it; as far as I was concerned, it's just there. Still is.

One of my friends once came out of nowhere and said I had a "good carriage". (Basically, I could straighten my back and walk properly--charm-school properly, I guess.) Then again, she WAS from the South, and they tend to notice that a lot more, from what I can tell.