Are vampires real?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Are vampires real?

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I'd like to believe there was. Partly because we can't be alone. I'm pretty certain theres aliens, ghosts, a whole host of supernatural, things out there, and I believe in evolution. So with my own theories I do think that they could be there. The same way we did, instead of chimpanzees and all that, couldn't bats and other animals have evovled to such heights that they are human? But a different type of human?
I think it could happen.

I'm not sure about the legends have to come from somewhere, because vampires could have came from cannibals. For example, Dracula spawned from Vlad the Impalor, a Romanian Prince that drank blood and murdered countless ammounts of victims, placing their heads on spikes all the way up to his castle to ward off intruders. Vampires could have just been folklore.

No one could ever really know, unless they are a vampire, because even if you met someone who says they are, how can you be sure their not some kind of derranged lunatic? The world is a strange place, after all.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I don't believe in vampires because if they existed I'm sure I would have met one by now. I walk in the dark a lot. I don't even think there are genetically-weird people who need blood to survive. We would have heard about it on Dateline or 20/20 if there were.

I do believe in ghosts though. But that's only because millions of people claim to have met them, there are pictures, stories, and I used to live with one.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

No they have not been proven to have ever existed, so I don't "believe" in them.
But I secretly know there are some in Forks. ;)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I have always believe in all manner of supernatural beings since I was very young, in a Peter Pan believes in fairies kind of way. If you don't believe in reincarnation you can't be reincarnated, if you don't believe in mermaids you can't ever meet one. I believe in them all, and I live with a ghost, she's one of those sad stuck inbetween but wont hurt you kinds of ghosts though, I used to see her all the time but mostly these days I just sense her flitting about the corners.

It is completely and totally plausible for vampires to exist, but due to the nature of human beings and how close minded we are today most chose not to believe in them and as the belief dwindled so did their percivable pressence as per my explanation above. [/rant]
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.