Athletes Thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Athletes Thread

Post by Pel »

I haven't seen a topic on this so I'll start one. Is anyone here play sports? I do volleyball and soccer.

Soccer tryout were last week ans cuts start on Monday. Shocked They were so hard! We went from 2:45pm to 6:00 pm every day after school AND on Monady and Friday we also had conditioning from 6:00 am to 7:00 am before school.

I am so out of shape even though the volleyball season just ended. I've been walking around like an old woman because i'm so sore!
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Re: Athletes Thread

Post by 22.FireandIce »

oooh. that sucks.

I play AAU basketball, and volleyball. (aau, because im sadly only 14 =[)
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

I played basketball. I did AAU for awhile. My basketball coach at the school was a jerk last year, and completely flat out told me that I wasn't good and I just made the varsity team because he felt bad for me. But the other girls on my team kept telling me that I'm good and I shouldn't listen to him. But I can't handle all that drama I had on my team so I decided to not play this year.

It's sad, I know... I miss it already. I didn't even play AAU this year! Ugh, I'm probably so out of shape.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
kvampireloverr
Settled in Forks

Post by kvampireloverr »

After watching the volleyball teams in the olympics i want to be on the team so bad!!! Unfortunately my school's coach is a -- and well i would have to wait until my junior year.
Isabella Cullen
Settled in Forks
Location: Stumbling, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me

Post by Isabella Cullen »

As klutzy as I am normally, I actually have been a gymnast since I was eight years old.
I always struggled with the gracefulness portion of it, but excelled in the tumbling and bars events.

My step mom bullied me into ballet when I was five or maybe six. That lasted about four months. The instructor asked her to take me out because he was tired of telling me to stop knocking people over...even in the back. :oops:

As I was watching the Olympics, I really was longing to get back on the gymnastics floor again. I broke two of my ribs last year and threw my wrist out countless times, so I haven't been in the gym for over two years now. I really really miss it.
...maybe my college has an intramural team???
I'm going to have to look into that. :D
That "Bella girl" no one remembers...

xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I play SOFTBALL!
yay.
I've played since I was in 1st grade. I was 6, I think. I've played every position at one point except pitcher(and I'm working on that one!)
I'm on my highschool team now. I'm #16, and I play 1st and center.
Yay! :D
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

Hm, I do allstar cheer, which is definately alot different than highschool cheer.
We have a routine that we work on to perfect and compete with other teams.
I don't like with when people say its easy, because it takes tons of endurance, strength and flexibility.
I am currently on an all girl Senior level 4 team.
if you don't know what allstar cheer is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBgNs2VWVoY <watch this.
It's World Cup Shooting Stars, they are amazing!
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
edwardismystudmuffin
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardismystudmuffin »

My friends and I joined the JV Tennis team this year. We suck though, lol. Since you can only have 10 people on the JV team, we're on the Exhibition JV team. lol. Yeah... not so good.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I played soccer before I hit HS, other than that nothing. Well wait I was in Color Guard (band flag's person). I loved it and it was such a workout for your arms and legs wow.

I remember when I was not used to running drills and after the first week of it. I was crying like a little girl because I was in SO much pain. Walking was a pretty funny sight to see.
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

I play softball, played since I was 5, and it's pretty much been all of my sports life. Don't play anything else.

Didn't get to play my freshman high school season because of a broken bone. A very frustrating season, to say the least.

2nd base is my fav. position, but i also play 3rd and OF if need be. I'm #20.

Yep. That's me, the little softballaholic..<3

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.