College Applications

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: College Applications

Post by JenJen2112 »

my school required 4 years of language, it really helps you in the future, math wise, if you are getting a BA it doesn't really matter
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

I'm only applying to one college, because I am going to commute. I'm going to study General Business and Psychology, and then I am going to go on to become a wedding planner.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Marie has it all planned out, huh?
Well, right now I'm doubting myself if I chose the right classes for my senior year. I want to go into medicene, so any chem or bio would be good and math is a plus. I am applying to three or four colleges next year. I plan to take the ACT and SAT in June. I should really sign up for those.
So far my senior year looks like this
College Prep writing, Contempory Literature, Social-Psychology, Anatomy and Physiology, Economics, AP US Goverment and Politics, Concert Choir (if I get in after I audition), AP Calculus, Statisics, AP Biology, and Personal Fitness online.
Now I'm thinking if I should drop AP bio in favor for Physics, so I would have a more rounded science experience and I only have seven credits I can take. And all of them are one semester long/ half a credit except AP Bio and Calc, and Concert Choir.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

simplymortal314 wrote:Marie has it all planned out, huh?
Well, right now I'm doubting myself if I chose the right classes for my senior year. I want to go into medicene, so any chem or bio would be good and math is a plus. I am applying to three or four colleges next year. I plan to take the ACT and SAT in June.
I am going into medicine as well, except I live in Canada. I plan to take the SAT and ACT as well, because I want to go to an American University. More specifically I want to go to Harvard *sigh*. But I am thinking that i should apply there for grad school, and for undergrad I should go to one of the local universities here in Canada.

So next year - I will be a Junior - I will be taking 9 credits.
-Physics
-Biology
-Chemistry
-History
-Pre Cal 30S and 40S (I want to take university calculus in grade 12 so I have to take Grade 12 pre cal in grade 11)
-Art
-Literary English
-Phys Ed Volleyball

wow . . . i'll be crammed.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Wow. How can you people take that many classes?!! I'm going to be busy with only 5!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I'm almost 20 and I'm not in college yet. Lol, is that bad?
I don't think so. I'll go when I'm ready!

I think I want to be a vet or something like it. I love animals and would like to be a regular nurse but I think dealing with animals will be less stressful and a lot more fun.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

So I am going to be starting my applications soon.
Like maybe in two or three weeks.
I heard it's better to get them in early, that you have a better chance at getting in.
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

debussygirl wrote:So I am going to be starting my applications soon.
Like maybe in two or three weeks.
I heard it's better to get them in early, that you have a better chance at getting in.
That only applies if you're doing something like early action. [I think it's called that, at least]. Some schools may abide by the earlier you get it in the better but I don't think that applies to a majority of them. At most schools the applications are looked through all at once, or maybe in waves so some people find out before others but still you have the same chance. It's good to get them in early for your own good. Earlier = less stress.

If you haven't heard about things like early action I suggest asking about them at school and I'm sure the internet could help you out, too.
ImageImageImage
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, I think it'd be good if I just got them out of the way so that I won't procrastinate and not get into anything. :lol: