Countries ARE really different

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Countries ARE really differnt

Post by addictedbooklover »

JessicaIsIntoxicated wrote:Winters are usually in the -40C range, summers are in the 40C range. Why can't it ever be right in between???
You'd probably like my city then: 5-25C is the normal yearly range. Not too cold, not too hot. Just right!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Black wrote:
I still don't really have any idea what chicken salt is though. Salt specifically designed for chicken? That's weird. Why not just use regular salt?
Chicken salt is salt but it just has a chicken flavour. Like have you ever had chicken flavoured potato chips or those 2 minute chicken noodles stuff? Well it sort of tastes like that. And we sprinkle the chicken salt like salt onto hot chips aka french fries. We like to have a bit of difference sometimes and it has a good flavour. But normal salt is just fine. lol.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

woah what the heck is chicken salt??? im from canada and have never heard of that we have iodized salt of sometin like that!1 hahah
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

I live in Finland and we use it here or at least our family :D
I think it's salt which has a special flavor and it makes the chicken even more tasty or something like that :D
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Vanquish wrote:
Black wrote:
I still don't really have any idea what chicken salt is though. Salt specifically designed for chicken? That's weird. Why not just use regular salt?
Chicken salt is salt but it just has a chicken flavour. Like have you ever had chicken flavoured potato chips or those 2 minute chicken noodles stuff? Well it sort of tastes like that. And we sprinkle the chicken salt like salt onto hot chips aka french fries. We like to have a bit of difference sometimes and it has a good flavour. But normal salt is just fine. lol.
Ahhh, seasoned salt. My cousin uses that all the time. Nasty stuff. I don't like salt at all.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

I am from India.
No, we dont ride elephants. If you want to ride an elephant, you have to visit Jaipur where they have elephant rides as a special treat. Normally, we use cars and bikes.

We are not into weird rituals and strange prayers. These do exist but only in certain backward parts of the country.
And we are not a perpetually poor country. Poverty is still a big issue but the development rate has been quite crazy over the past decades.

And we do have McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Pantaloons, Westside, Crossword, Landmark and other stores in the cities. No Hot Topic, Target, Amazon or Borders though. :(
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

bronzehairedmiracle wrote:No Hot Topic, Target, Amazon or Borders though. :(
Don't feel bad, as far as I know, Canada doesn't have any of those either!
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

No A Borders, but you have a McDonald's? That is so backwards, we're trying to get rid of McDonald's here......
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Why would anyone try to get rid of McDonalds? Hamburgers aren't any less fattening at home.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

People actually eat the hamburgers? They are disgusting! This has nothing to do with health and everything to do with how gross they are. If I have to eat a burger I eat Fudrucker's, but I don't even like beef period. Most people around here don't even eat at the conglomerate chain after a thing we did at school a few years back. Dog food has more real meat in it than McDonald's. Burger King is almost as bad. Most people I know don't eat burgers period.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.