Countries ARE really different

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Countries ARE really differnt

Post by Valentina »

This is amusing. XP

I'm from Saskatchewan. I'm not a hick, I have just as good a high school education as anywhere else!
And I've only ever seen one igloo, and it was outside this guy's actual house.
Sod houses aren't the norm either.
It is flat, though. Very flat. And yellow.
We have beautiful sunsets.
We love our Roughriders. On game days, if you go anywhere (especially here in Regina), everyone is wearing something green. Old ladies, families with matching jerseys, even the pretty preppy type girls have something Roughriders. Especially now that we have pink bunnyhugs and hats.
Oh yeah, we do say bunnyhug, not hoodie.
In the winter, it gets cold. Like 40 below zero for three or so months straight, then it warms up to 20 below Celsius.
The schools don't close even when its 50 below.
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

twilighter1193 wrote:^ yeah i know it's really weird! Hmm... i will! It's funny, i don't think i have ever actually been in Benson except the part with the Gas City and McDonalds when i'm on my way to Sierra Vista or Colorado! And i seriously on live 30 mins away!
Benson's not much to see lol. Why do you go to SV? SV is where everyone here goes for clothes and movies and stuff.

Oh and to answer another question- I seriously live about 20 minutes from Mexico, so illegals or the totally politically incorrect term "wet-backs" in my backyard are the norm. You see more Border Patrol pull-overs than police.
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
Layla_Hale
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Near Forks.....the ones in my kitchen drawer (not too far from Spoons, either)

Post by Layla_Hale »

singleduetoedward wrote:You see more Border Patrol pull-overs than police.
wow. thats somethin...

:( and all of your walmarts are unfriendly except one...ive never really noticed my walmart's friendliness, its just sometimes you get a nice, funny cashier that talks to you and sometimes you get the ones that dont say anything and just stare like zombies...lol

General Major of Jasper's Confederate Army
Smooth Alesio Tagliano~Mafia
Twi-Twin Ayan
Randie from #2
The Epic Battle of Spring '09-Air Raid Instigator
Volturi: Sophia
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I'm from Australia and my sister watches HEAPS of Disney cartoons (especially at my grandmas - she has pay TV)
and i find it soooo funny when american shows imitate our accent.

no offense or anything but it is seriously weird and hilarious.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
mz.cullenn

Post by mz.cullenn »

bite_me wrote:I'm from Australia and my sister watches HEAPS of Disney cartoons (especially at my grandmas - she has pay TV)
and i find it soooo funny when american shows imitate our accent.

no offense or anything but it is seriously weird and hilarious.
I have to agree with this. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I just can't help but laugh when people try to imitate our accents.
It's just so funny.
It's funnier though when they put on what they think is an Australian accent. *Rolls eyes*

But to make things better, you guys should hear me try to put on an American accent. I can't do it at all and seriously, who am I fooling? (:
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.

Proud Cullenist, Member of Alice House and Supporter of Team Edward, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-

I LOVE ME SOME JASPER.
twilighter1193

Post by twilighter1193 »

singleduetoedward wrote:
twilighter1193 wrote:^ yeah i know it's really weird! Hmm... i will! It's funny, i don't think i have ever actually been in Benson except the part with the Gas City and McDonalds when i'm on my way to Sierra Vista or Colorado! And i seriously on live 30 mins away!
Benson's not much to see lol. Why do you go to SV? SV is where everyone here goes for clothes and movies and stuff.
I used to go all the time because of my mom had meetings there but i haven't been in a really long time! That and i think i've played the high school Basketball team last year...?
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I absolutely agree on the title of this thread...countries ARE really different, but when you go abroad you never find what you expected. So, I guess I can say a lot about what actually my country, Italy, is.

I live in Italy and...
- we don't eat pizza every day (though I would :D )
- we don't eat spaghetti with meatballs
- I've never seen a mandolin, let alone played it
- we do talk a lot and out loud
- we are noisy
- we aren't all involved in dubious things like the Sopranos
- we aren't all from Sicily nor speak like the Godfather
- we really do it better...everything ;)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

ChanelChic
Settled in Forks

Post by ChanelChic »

I'm from Canada. There are like 10 pages to this, so some people may have already shed light on this.
- Not everyone says "eh"
- We have Prime Ministers, not Presidents.
- Provinces, not states
- We use Celsius not Farenheit.
- We don't live in log cabins [at least most of us don't]
- TIM HORTONS! [donut/coffee/soup/sandwhich place]
- Never try Jos Louis, they are deathly sweet!
- We don't all adore hockey and maple syrup.

That's it for now, I'll add more later!
Image Image Image
heartofmp*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartofmp* »

I'm from Tennessee too!!
I found a few of these online...
-You know all of the words to "Rocky Top." (all I know is "good ol rocky top,rocky top tennessee!" although I had to learn it on the clarionet for band once...)
-You measure time in minutes-I never know the actual distance if someone says it in miles...I have to know how long it takes me to get there
-You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
-You use “fix” as a verb. Example: “I’m fixing to go to the store -I do this all the time
-All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
-You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
-You know what a “VOL” is.-of course..
-You carry jumper cables in your car…for your OWN car.-my dad and bf both do this
-You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday-I DONT but I know quite a few people who do...
-You find 100 degrees fahrenheit “a little warm”.-that all depends on the humidity, it's humid like year round so yeah, 100 degrees is hot...
-You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.-I go by the real seasons...
-You know whether another Tennessean is from east, west or middle Tennessee as soon as they open their mouth.-sometimes, but no, not really...
-Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as”goin’ Wal-martin” or off to “Wally World”.-well duh!! It's the best hangout...(sarcasm), although I do tend to go there a lot to play around...
-You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good pinto-bean weather.-beans are a year round food in my house...
-A carbonated soft drink isn’t a soda, cola or pop…it’s a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: “What kinda coke you want?”-HECK YEAH
-Fried catfish is the other white meat.-I don't really like it but in town we have a Catfish Campus...popular restaraunt for the "older" crowd lol
-Sundrop is a must...( I don't really like it,but it isn't terrible)
-You call even people younger than you ma'am-I do this quite a bit..
bite_me

Post by bite_me »

I just have to ask . . .

What do the Americans and Aussies think of the American version of Kath & Kim?
I saw it on TV the other day and Mum and I are like, okay . . . (but are we just biased because we saw the original first?)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?