Shelfari and Good Reads

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Shelfari and Good Reads

Post by Pel »

I am Aria on Shelfari. I'm in the Twilight Lexiconers group, the Moms Who Read to Escape their Weary Lives group, and the YA Books that Adults Should Read group.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Shelfari and Good Reads

Post by jenni_elyse »

I just joined Goodreads today to see how it compared to Shelfari and I've decided that I like Shelfari better. However, I'm still going to keep my Goodreads account active because I'm OCD about organization. ;)

I'm jenni_elyse on Shelfari and I love friends! I'm a member of a lot of groups, but I participate mostly in the Twilight Lexiconers and YA Books Adults Should Read.
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I love my Shelfari, keeps my books organized and I love reading the recommendations of others. I'm Una on that as well and I'm a member of the Twilighters Lexicon group. Feel free to befriend me!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Broken-Mirror
Settled in Forks

Post by Broken-Mirror »

Broken-Mirror on shelfari
Feel free to add me and suggest some books to read.
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

I use Shelfari and go by "EB" on there. I'm the one that is located in California and has a bunch of Lexiconer friends listed.

My favorite group right now is the 100+ book challenge. I'm a little behind but I'm really hoping to accomplish this!
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I also just joined Good Reads to compare to Shelfari, and I like the set-up of Shelfari better. I'm Variety there, also, and I know many of you are already my "friends." I just posted my 98th book for this year. My goal was to read 100 books this year, and I wanted to have them done before I go back to school. I'm almost there! As long as I can read a little bit in between classes, I may hit 125 by the end of the year.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
librarybooks
Wandering Through Town

Post by librarybooks »

Pel wrote:I am Aria on Shelfari. I'm in the Twilight Lexiconers group, the Moms Who Read to Escape their Weary Lives group, and the YA Books that Adults Should Read group.
Pel - I had no idea you were Aria. :) And you are my friend on shelfari. Hahaha

Jenni - how the heck can you keep up with both goodreads and shelfari.?!? I joined goodreads so I could see what a couple of my friends are reading but I do not plan on creating a book shelf. Unless there is some way to export my shelf from shelfari and load it into goodreads. :?:

I love shelfari. It is great way to great ideas on what to read. Librarything.com is another good site. It is more library orientated.
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Pel - I had no idea you were Aria. :) And you are my friend on shelfari. Hahaha
Haha, no Pel is not Aria. Pel just cut and copied pieces of the old threads to start the new forums here. Aria is actually Canzone e Bella.

What is Librarything.com about? I haven't heard of that.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

librarybooks wrote:Pel - I had no idea you were Aria. :) And you are my friend on shelfari. Hahaha

Jenni - how the heck can you keep up with both goodreads and shelfari.?!? I joined goodreads so I could see what a couple of my friends are reading but I do not plan on creating a book shelf. Unless there is some way to export my shelf from shelfari and load it into goodreads. :?:
Actually, Pel isn't Aria. It took me a minute to figure that out because I knew Canzone e Bella was Aria. Then, I realized Pel copied that from the old thread. However, with the new boards, Canzone e Bella is now Aria here too.

You can export your Shelfari shelf. That's how I created my shelf on Goodreads. Go to the area where you change your profile settings and the very last option allows you to export your list as an Excel file. As far as keeping up on both, yeah, it may be kind of hard. But, I love doing stuff like that. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I just like organizing junk. ;)
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I've read 46 of my 50 book challenge! I'm going to finish before the holidays, I think. (Knock on wood) Number 46 was for my book club and I'm happy to say a great read! A Bride Most Begruding by Deeanne Gist. It's a historical romance that is clean and smoldering at the same time. I entirely enjoyed it. It's a one afternoon read at 347 pages.

I've linked my shelf to my blog and love how it looks there.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry