Halloween

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Halloween

Post by Pandancer »

-Sigh- I'm so unsure what I should be for this Halloween. And I want to decide soon, because all of my costumes always turn out horribly if I wait to long to decide.

I'm not going anywhere but the store to buy some candy, most likely, unless I can talk my parents into taking me to the Six Flags October Fest or something. There aren't any parties going on and I stopped trick-or-treating when my sister refused to go with me. ( As if it wasn't embarrassing enough. To go alone? No thank you. :oops: I'm way too shy. )
But I still want to dress up. :S I'm not going to miss the only year where you can be something you're not without being looked at funny. And since I'm only going to the store, I'm not sure if I should make a whole costume or just put on some face make-up, you know?

Right now I'm torn between two things.

1. I'm obsessed with the Batman movies, and I originally wanted to be Christopher Nolan's 'The Joker', but I figured that everyone and their grandmother would be doing the same thing around here, especially with Heath Ledger passing. :cry: So I figured I would be the next best thing: Two-Face. But not the new Two-Face. I'd be going Tommy Lee Jones style, since I love Batman Forever. Even if he's a total manwhore in the movie. xD
My mom said she could help with the face make-up, since she took classes in how to cover scaring. She could make it look less purple-y than it does in the movie, and less plastic and more like flesh. I told her that, even if I'd felt like Emily, I wanted to do it. :lol: But. . .

2. I've recently discovered that I'm obsessing over almost any old-style fashion at the moment. Particularly, the 1950s and the 1920s. Just as I told everyone else, I'd rewind back to the 50s if I could, and dance around in a poodle skirt until they went out of style. I absolutely love that era, and I thought about dressing up as somebody from the 50s instead. :/

Ahh, I don't know what to do. :|
And for future reference, I was an MCRmy Soldier last year. xD
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

Okay. I was so mad.

All I wanted to be for halloween was to be evil little Jane, but noooooo. My friends have to force me to be some Fanta Girl. (you know, like the soda 'fanta')

But anyways, I was going to get the red contacts and everything. But NOPE

They had to ruin my fun. :evil:

Ha ha. BTW I think that being a 'fanta girl' is really gay. They have their minds set on being that though. Sigh.
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

Yeah, I'm not going out for Halloween this year. I think me and my babes might go to the mall and act strange (Malls are open on Halloween right?) or just run about the streets and spaz. I think I'm gunna be an aboriginal- ghost-spiderman-Agatha-cat in a leather jacket who's obsessed with the number 23. That was my idea from like june, I was gunna put feathers and beads on for the aboriginalness, but I swore to never go near a feather ever again so I'm not sure what I'm gunna do now. But yeah, I hope Halloween'll be awesome! :D

Wow, I really wanna be Medusa next year! Dang! I bet you guys who dressed up like her looked awesome!!
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I forgot to mention my favorite part of Halloween as of last year: Senior dress up day at the high school! It's so much fun to see people in groups and wearing costumes of all sorts of characters! The most creative had to be the guys dressed up in Transformers costumes that they made on their own out of cardboard; the best part was they could actually "transform." 8D Then there was the Mario Bros., Scooby Doo and the gang (including the mystery machine), the Energizer bunny, dudes dressed up as the Power Puff Girls, and the guy dressed up as Hannah Montana (if looked at him from behind he looked like a girl!). It was just all around fun (and slightly creepy)! XD

I would go trick-or-treating with my friends, but I don't think any of them trick-or-treat anymore or trick-or-treat in their neighborhoods. I'll have to see.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

this is going to seem like the strangest, most random halloween costume ever, but i'm going to be a birth certificate this year.

yup. a birth certificate.

i work for the vital statistics office and we just launched our new, super-secure birth certificates and my boss had giant ones made up for the press conference. when she came back i asked if i could use them as my costume and she thought it was a fantastic idea! so, this year i'm going to be a giant birth certificate!

yeah, i'm weird, i know.
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Ahhh. I can't wait! Were going to throw a massive party and i'm dressing up as Batman...not Batgirl, Batman. I'm gonna have the inflatable muscles and everything. x]
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Halloween is amazing!

i am really into the History of it. And i have even took part in a Samhain (what Halloween was based off) Wicca ritual and it was really fun i might go again this year.

I don't know i really want to go out and do somthing for Halloween, go dress up. But there is much happening around here! Unless i want to go drink since im twenty one but i don't drink. So yea not much fun around here.

But i really love Halloween an amzing holiday!
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by x_mystical_dreams »

Heyy, does anyone know why in England people dress up as scary things?
Like we all go as witches or vampires or demons :twisted:
But in the US, people don't?
Why is it different?
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
JackyO
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by JackyO »

Pandancer wrote:-Sigh- I'm so unsure what I should be for this Halloween. And I want to decide soon, because all of my costumes always turn out horribly if I wait to long to decide.

I'm not going anywhere but the store to buy some candy, most likely, unless I can talk my parents into taking me to the Six Flags October Fest or something. There aren't any parties going on and I stopped trick-or-treating when my sister refused to go with me. ( As if it wasn't embarrassing enough. To go alone? No thank you. :oops: I'm way too shy. )
But I still want to dress up. :S I'm not going to miss the only year where you can be something you're not without being looked at funny. And since I'm only going to the store, I'm not sure if I should make a whole costume or just put on some face make-up, you know?

Right now I'm torn between two things.

1. I'm obsessed with the Batman movies, and I originally wanted to be Christopher Nolan's 'The Joker', but I figured that everyone and their grandmother would be doing the same thing around here, especially with Heath Ledger passing. :cry: So I figured I would be the next best thing: Two-Face. But not the new Two-Face. I'd be going Tommy Lee Jones style, since I love Batman Forever. Even if he's a total manwhore in the movie. xD
My mom said she could help with the face make-up, since she took classes in how to cover scaring. She could make it look less purple-y than it does in the movie, and less plastic and more like flesh. I told her that, even if I'd felt like Emily, I wanted to do it. :lol: But. . .

2. I've recently discovered that I'm obsessing over almost any old-style fashion at the moment. Particularly, the 1950s and the 1920s. Just as I told everyone else, I'd rewind back to the 50s if I could, and dance around in a poodle skirt until they went out of style. I absolutely love that era, and I thought about dressing up as somebody from the 50s instead. :/

Ahh, I don't know what to do. :|
And for future reference, I was an MCRmy Soldier last year. xD
Ooh! You should totally get dressed up as a 1920s flapper girl. I have this really weird obsession with anything that has to do with the Roaring Twenties (I swear, my mom thinks I'm a reincarnated flapper LOL). If there is a thrift store somewhere near where you live, you might be able to find a really cool dress. Or maybe a store that specializes in vintage/funky stuff. If your hair's really short, you can probably do that curl thing, or fix it into a bob. (good thing they're coming back in style). And just get some red lipstick, and maybe some fake eyelashes, but don't get really big ones, cause it'll look kinda weird. ;) ;)
Domo-kun loves you

Could the winter calm come twice?
Because your heart seems so cold tonight...
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

my 5 year old is going to be Iron man.. My 2 year old is going to be scooby doo

and Me and my husband are either going to be Sid and Nancy .. or Jack and Sally(nightmare before christmas one of my All time favorite movies) im totally sold on Jack and Sally.. i found the costumes but i was thinking of making them.. im crafty..

i love halloween!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus