Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Languages

Post by LadyViolet »

Well being English i obviously speak it (on a good day anyways often i speak fluent BS :lol: ) but i'm also pretty fluent in French- seven years of it and two weeks staying with a french penpal are pretty good ways to improve your french. i can speak random bits of spanish (mostly swearwords i'm so childish like that) and i can say thank you and count to ten in german. did learn i bit of italian from a phrasebook when i went to rome in february but my silly brain has forgotton it all. i so want to learn russian cos it sounds like a really cool language and i wouldn't mind picking up some asian languages like mandarin or japanese.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
JaliceAlsper
Settled in Forks

Post by JaliceAlsper »

I speak Vietnamese, Chinese, and English. I'm learning Spanish in school.
Edward who? Team Jasper!
jasperlovesme
Learning to Love Green

Post by jasperlovesme »

alellie wrote:I probably posted a message in this thread already, but who cares?

English and Tagalog's my main expertise, but I can barely speak Tagalog anymore. I can understand it but I haven't been exposed much to the language that I've already forgotten some words.

-Janine
Hi Janine! :D
I'm Alex:D
just wondering? are you Filipino? and you migrated?
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT join the Harry Potter fandom! come and be SLYTHERINS!
edited by jasperlovesme
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Dutch (flemish) is my native language. And then I love enlgish and I understand very well. Writing is not always perfect, but I'm working on that. French is also an official language of the country, so is german. I understand german a bit, cause it's linked to Dutch. But I can't write. French, I should know, cause we study it in school for many years. But my head doesn't seem to get around it. I really only know the basics and that isn't very great either. I kind of feel ashamed for it. I do try, but it doens't seem to work.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

My native language is German. I love English though (obessed, some would call it), reading all my books in English, watching movies in English and so on. I'd say my English is pretty good (oral and written). At least I hope it is! ;)
I also had French in school but that was never a language for me.... To say my French knowledge is basic would be an overstatement... ;)
I'd love to learn another language like Italian or Spanish but that would mean that I would have to invest a lot of time and study and that's not really possible right now.
And I learnt Latin in school, does that count? :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

newyorkaise wrote:Bilingual in French and English. Conversational Spanish (studying abroad in Spain right now) and been taking it for 6 years and a half now. I hope to be truly fluent one day!
In which place of Spain are you studying now?? I'd say Madrid or Barcelona, that's where the most students go to improve their spanish, great cities too
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I speak English or PA Middle Schooler. I'm taking spanish at the moment but I'm going to change in high school, italien?
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

jasperlovesme wrote: Hi Janine! :D
I'm Alex:D
just wondering? are you Filipino? and you migrated?
Hey, Alex!

And, yeah, I was born in the Philippines, lived there for 6 years, and moved to Cali with my mom and dad another year later. Why do you ask? :)
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
jasperlovesme
Learning to Love Green

Post by jasperlovesme »

alellie wrote: Hey, Alex!

And, yeah, I was born in the Philippines, lived there for 6 years, and moved to Cali with my mom and dad another year later. Why do you ask? :)
Hey Janine!:)

wow. cause I'm Filipino, although I still live in the Philippines. my step dad and half-brothers are in Cali though :)
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT join the Harry Potter fandom! come and be SLYTHERINS!
edited by jasperlovesme
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

My native language is bulgarian. I've been learning English for almost 11 years now... I used to know russian too but I forgot it... and I'm studying spanish at school :)
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B