Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Languages

Post by Pel »

So I know that there are a lot of people on here that are from different countries, so i was wondering what languages everyone spoke.

My main language is English, but I also know Spanish and bits of French. Anyone else?
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Languages

Post by jenni_elyse »

I'm from the US. English is my primary language. However, I was in a Spanish immersion program for four years when I was in elementary school. I understand it better than I speak it now because I don't practice very often. I also took two years of Russian and four years of French in high school. And, I took two years of Japanese in college and was planning on getting my Bachelor's in Japanese until I decided to pursue other interests.
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
nicalyrenard
Settled in Forks

Post by nicalyrenard »

English is my mother tongue but I've taken six years of french plus lived in Quebec for a summer and Le Mans, France last school year. I'm actually a french (and european studies) major at uni. I've taken a couple semesters (one while in France) of Russian but probably sound silly when trying to speak it.
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

my mother tongue is german

i've got english-lessons since 5 years...
i've got latin since 3 years (but you can't talk in latin...except nomen est omen (your name says what you're like) or veni, vidi,vici ( i came, i saw, i won))
i've been learning french for one year
and i'm visiting a spanish-group since two years

i feel like a freak...5 languages? i think there's a problem with my brain...a big problem!
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Well I'm from Croatia, so my mother language is Croatian. I'm fluent in English and Italian....although I would love to learn new languages like German or Spanish! I can understand Spanish, but I can't speak it!
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

Spanish is my mother tongue but apart from it i speak english (and i think i do it fairly well). Other than that i can speak some of the dialects from Spain, like basque, galician and i understand catalan and italian (i guess it's because they're really similar to spanish)
*Vampyr*
Settled in Forks

Post by *Vampyr* »

My mother tongue is Italian but I can also speak English, a little French and a little Swedish. I have been studying Latin for 4 years, but it's not really a language, I think it's useless unless you wanna be a priest! :D
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

I'm Welsh
But I speak English. I only know school girl Welsh

I know some French, German, Spanish, Italian (I pick it up from a friend of mine) and a decent amount of Japanese.
~xStRaWbErRyx~
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ~xStRaWbErRyx~ »

I'm English so obviously I speak english :D
I'm rubbish at languages, although I got a B in my french GCSE today!!!!!!!
I was shocked, but in a good way :D
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

tinuviel2006 wrote:Well I'm from Croatia, so my mother language is Croatian. I'm fluent in English and Italian....although I would love to learn new languages like German or Spanish! I can understand Spanish, but I can't speak it!
wow fluent in three languages...i want that too...
the boyfriend of my german teacher is from croatia...she came to school dressed up with a shirt a cap and a flag of croatia after they won against germany in the europians cup (soccer) :D

hey, know what i could teach you a bit german :D don't worry i'm just joking...
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image