Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Languages

Post by little-freak »

ome! what happened to you guys? spanish grammar difficult? french easier than spanish?
spanish grammar is the easiest! ( compared to english, german, french and latin...)
and french is so complicated! they don't have any rules just exeptions!
i hate french...my school is only offering latin and french (and english as a have to for everyone) i took both and i really dislike french...

Je n'aime pas francais.

Quiero espanol (how do i get the ~ on the n?!)
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

little-freak wrote:ome! what happened to you guys? spanish grammar difficult? french easier than spanish?
spanish grammar is the easiest! ( compared to english, german, french and latin...)
i hate french...my school is only offering latin and french (and english as a have to for everyone) i took both and i really dislike french...

Je n'aime pas francais.

I don't know about Spanish grammar but French grammar is complicated like you wouldn't believe. I studied French in school (my initial excitement didn't last too long) and my impression was that there are only exceptions to the grammar rules which makes you wonder why you should learn the grammar in the first place. I would have preferr learning Spanish, too!English grammar is quite easy (I think), German grammar not so much(but I'm a native so I don#t really know wherther it's difficult to learn German or not):

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I agree that french grammar is terrible. It totally killed my excitment in french cause my tests always came back to me with low scores cause I can't remember the grammar. I had french in school for many years, since it's an official language here, but I don't get it. I really don't. And I do feel ashamed for it, but my brain just can't handle it.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

O heck yeah french grammar honestly does my head in sometimes. im alright with remembering verb conjugations most of the time but some of the obscure rules about where to put certain little words... *tears clumps of hair out* ARGH!!! it is almost worth trying to learn russian than it is trying to learn french grammar. *says the girl who is planning on studying french at uni* oh cripes what have i let myself in for? :shock:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

vampire_elf wrote:
little-freak wrote:ome! what happened to you guys? spanish grammar difficult? french easier than spanish?

Je n'aime pas francais.

I don't know about Spanish grammar but French grammar is complicated like you wouldn't believe. I studied French in school (my initial excitement didn't last too long) and my impression was that there are only exceptions to the grammar rules which makes you wonder why you should learn the grammar in the first place. I would have preferr learning Spanish, too!English grammar is quite easy (I think), German grammar not so much(but I'm a native so I don#t really know wherther it's difficult to learn German or not):
well i'm native in german, too, but...we got three diffrent articles! and i'm already hating the two in french!! (in spanish you can see what article it has to be because of the last letter and in english there is only one (what's the best thing ever!!)) and learners often have no idea when to start a word with a capital letter. i'm to lazy to write more examples here :D

and french really has only exceptions....i'm just saying participe passé or verb conjugations!
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

Well I'm not saying the French grammar is easier than the Spanish grammar. I said English is much easier... at least I think so. And I'm learning both languages for a long time now. French... from what I've heard is different. Probably Spanish is one of the easiest languages but I said I don't like it... not that I find it the most difficult :D
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

German articles . . . ughh *shudder*

they are so annoying!

Does german have apostrophes?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Lieziewiezie wrote:Dutch (flemish) is my native language. And then I love enlgish and I understand very well. Writing is not always perfect, but I'm working on that. French is also an official language of the country, so is german. I understand german a bit, cause it's linked to Dutch. But I can't write. French, I should know, cause we study it in school for many years. But my head doesn't seem to get around it. I really only know the basics and that isn't very great either. I kind of feel ashamed for it. I do try, but it doens't seem to work.
Same here. :( Flemish is my mother language and I just love English. I understand German and can sort of express myself in it (with lots of mistakes in grammer though) but just don't ask me to write it down because then I freak out. I've had French at school for 8 years at school now but it just doesn't work! I understand something when I see it written down and I can form basic sentences (in the present tense and sometimes even in the past when it's a regular verb) but when someone is talking to me I'm totally lost. (Unless they speak REALLY slowly.) I'm also kind of ashamed about that because people actually expect me to be able to speak French especially since I've got the whole French r thing going on.
I also know a little bit of Spanish but not enough to participate in a real conversation.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I can now do lots of sign language!! I love it. I'm going to be a sign language teacher when I'm older. I can't get enough of it!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

My main language is English but I'm also learning Spanish right now. I like it. It's fun.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.