Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kitsune
Settled in Forks

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Kitsune »

Well I'm in the last year of high school. It's public school , I can say for talented children (don't think I'm talented in any way) so it's quite hard to get there but when you are in your chances for getting at University are pretty high , well we will see. I have quite good classmates and I met a lot of good friends there. Teachers are ... well, some of them are good some aren't it's hard to say I have some teachers who I really don't like but I didn't have any serius problems with them some are just mean hehe. Thing I really hate on my school is that I have to wake up very early at 6 o'clock. That's such a terrible time. On the other hand we have a lot of fun with friends during lessons so it's not that bad.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I go to a mixed grammar school. It's not all posh, it's just like a normal high school.
I like it a lot, I have all my friends there, most of the teachers are nice. Some are just downright horrible, but every silver lining has a cloud :D
We learn stuff, there aren't gangs (that I know of) The canteen food is manky, don't even go there.

Can someone tell me what age you are in each grade? I'm from England and we have years instead of grades.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

big
large
under construction
and security
oh! we have a pond too. :D
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I am in 10th grade, and so far it hasn't been as cool as people make it out to be. Well, in 9th grade, I suffered from anxiety attacks so I asked to be homeschooled. I lost all of my friends, and a lot of them act like they don't even know me anymore! So since I switched kind of late from Public school to homeschooling, I had to go to this really crappy one, and then this year I switched to a really nice school called Pacific Coast High School, it's reallly nice, and my classes are online, but I still have teachers and stuff, I can take classes at the school too! It's generally very hard to explain, lol. I still haven't regained a lot of friends, but I joined some new classes and stuff, so I am hoping I can get some new friends, because my old ones suck! XD
ImageImage
E<3B
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

My school was pretty cool, though. Everyone just seemed to flow and get along. I went to Catholic schools from grade 7-10. The Catholic school I went to for grades 9 and 10 was 9-12 with only 300 people. Then I went to a public school for grades 11-12 that only had 10-12, with over 1000 kids. Honestly, it was nice not everybody not knowing your business! :D

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss high school. I graduated in June. Obviously, the work was no fun, but I miss seeing my friends as much as I did then.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I am in 10th grade, and so far it hasn't been as cool as people make it out to be. Well, in 9th grade, I suffered from anxiety attacks so I asked to be homeschooled. I lost all of my friends, and a lot of them act like they don't even know me anymore! So since I switched kind of late from Public school to homeschooling, I had to go to this really crappy one, and then this year I switched to a really nice school called Pacific Coast High School, it's reallly nice, and my classes are online, but I still have teachers and stuff, I can take classes at the school too! It's generally very hard to explain, lol. I still haven't regained a lot of friends, but I joined some new classes and stuff, so I am hoping I can get some new friends, because my old ones suck! XD
Ahh, I had the same thing.
About two years ago I switched from High School (7 - 12), to be homeschooled.
My friends just like.. forgot about me. I cut them some slack though because fair enough, they didn't see me everyday so I wasn't in their immediate thoughts. But now I just can't be bothered with them. I need new ones. lol.
My classes are sent out to me in booklets. One per week, per subject. I just fill them out and send them back. It's all really easy. Some of them are available online; but I prefer the hard copies.
I actually have teachers too. I can call or E-mail them. Or I can go into the city and see them.
They set up 'study days' and just social ones too. I've only been to a couple, but they seemed alright.
I've done public school, catholic school, and homeschool. I'd have to say, that homeschooled rips the rest by far!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

High school was annoying, and I'm glad I'm out.

This year I'm a first year business student at college and I apparently come off older than I am. The building on campus I'm in isn't going to be the business tower for much longer because apparently the school is going to rebuild it next to the HP Centre.

The one thing that annoys me about the campus is that my favourite coffee company is on the other side of the campus. The closest coffee company is Starbucks in the Common Market and I'm not a fan of them.
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

Im in 9th grade (for -Jasper, that means I am 14 turning 15 in April).
I go to a HUGE school. Seriously, its insane. There are 1200 kids in my class. The school has two campuses - one just for freshman. The other campus has 10-12th grades, so about 4000 students there. I don't really like high school very much, but I suppose that is to be expected. My school is a public school, but apparently one of the best in the country? I don't really know. Our school has all these wierd things, like no cheerleaders, for example. I don't really know the reason for that one...Like most schools, the cafeteria food sucks (I was laughing that -Jasper called the cafeteria *canteen*, I've never heard it called that before. British people use the coolest phrases!) Oh, and my school is VERY difficult to navigate. I still get lost.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

talirhee wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:I am in 10th grade, and so far it hasn't been as cool as people make it out to be. Well, in 9th grade, I suffered from anxiety attacks so I asked to be homeschooled. I lost all of my friends, and a lot of them act like they don't even know me anymore! So since I switched kind of late from Public school to homeschooling, I had to go to this really crappy one, and then this year I switched to a really nice school called Pacific Coast High School, it's reallly nice, and my classes are online, but I still have teachers and stuff, I can take classes at the school too! It's generally very hard to explain, lol. I still haven't regained a lot of friends, but I joined some new classes and stuff, so I am hoping I can get some new friends, because my old ones suck! XD
Ahh, I had the same thing.
About two years ago I switched from High School (7 - 12), to be homeschooled.
My friends just like.. forgot about me. I cut them some slack though because fair enough, they didn't see me everyday so I wasn't in their immediate thoughts. But now I just can't be bothered with them. I need new ones. lol.
My classes are sent out to me in booklets. One per week, per subject. I just fill them out and send them back. It's all really easy. Some of them are available online; but I prefer the hard copies.
I actually have teachers too. I can call or E-mail them. Or I can go into the city and see them.
They set up 'study days' and just social ones too. I've only been to a couple, but they seemed alright.
I've done public school, catholic school, and homeschool. I'd have to say, that homeschooled rips the rest by far!
Yes! Exactly, like we can take our electives at the school! It's so nice. Everyone is friendly and whatnot, but I haven't really gotten in there and made friends, I need new ones though, bad! :D
ImageImage
E<3B
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

twilightbelle<3 wrote: Yes! Exactly, like we can take our electives at the school! It's so nice. Everyone is friendly and whatnot, but I haven't really gotten in there and made friends, I need new ones though, bad! :D
Haha yeah same. I should probably get in there and go to a study day or two. =P
And with our electives,, I think we can go to the school. Or, say the elective is cooking; we can just take a photo of the finished product. =)

lovvetwilight: I'm Australian and we call it Canteen too. Cafeteria just sounds strange to me. =| Hahaha.
-Jasper: I'm in year 10. Which is 15,16 years old.