Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

My school strict. I go to a private catholic school. very stirct hate the uniforms to BLAH!
but I likemy school i feel safe. lol
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Black wrote:
sarah! wrote: LOL! XD I promise I'm not racist though.
I wouldn't want to be in a room full of black people not because of the color of their skin or where they come from, but because of the way they act. They bring their reputation upon themselves, I think and then get mad and call us racists whenever we try to call them out on it. :roll:
Dont worry.. I am not racist. I really cant be at my school. And I know what you mean.. they are so loud at my school. It sounds like a pack of hyenas when they laugh, so it is never actually quiet. In the middle of class you can hear them in the hallways. But, I love my school. It keeps me on my toes haha :D
Anahi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anahi »

So, the school system in my country is verry different then the one in US or GB or Australia...
So, I'm a junior (I'm 16 will be 17 in 18 days) which is in my country 3rd grade of highschool.
We don't pick our subjects we have them all (e.g. I have 18 subjects)
We have different highschools, I mean we don't have everything in one higschool. We don't have snow days :(
My school isn't big, we have only 900 students, some teachers are great, but some don't even know how to teach... :roll:
So I was thinking of exchanging student programme, so maybe next year I'll go to highschool in the US or Canada... 8-)
ImageImageImage
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

Black wrote:
sarah! wrote: LOL! XD I promise I'm not racist though.
I wouldn't want to be in a room full of black people not because of the color of their skin or where they come from, but because of the way they act. They bring their reputation upon themselves, I think and then get mad and call us racists whenever we try to call them out on it. :roll:
Uh yea sorry im gonna sound narrow minded but that kinda is racist. You say they as if all balck people have the same personality. I go to a mostly black school but I'm white. It's a public school, but I like it it's not a bad school but there are alot of fights. And most people who has never been there think it's a really bad school :?
Image Image
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

edward'sstupidlamb.. I know what you mean. My school is the exact same way. Like, most of the people at my school do act the way Black put it though.
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

right but I'm just saying how can people categorize an entire race based on some people
sorry that wasn't very clear but yea :oops:
Image Image
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

i go to a private all girls school at the moment except that they have now started to let in the boys :x hormonal teenagers in our 6th form are already causing tonns of trouble
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
justdeal
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: In the Mafia living room watching Doctor Who with Fang!

Post by justdeal »

I'm in charter school now, due to my people issues.
I only go to school twice a week, for an hour. The people at my school scare me though, its like they took a bunch of physco gorillas and dumped them all in one place. I'm the only non freaky looking person there.
But being there is pretty cool, we can have our ipods there, they let us use their wi-fi, and the teachers are way too nice.
Chaos Q Kirit
Twilight Mafia
EMERALD STAR PACK
Come Join The Pack
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

My school in nz.. we call it 'college' but it's basically 'high school'
Im in my last year at school (year 13). The ages go from 13 to 18 with about 1500 students.
We have uniform, but it's not strict. I wear nail polish, necklaces/bracelets and stuff.

I have 5 subjects, and we get study classes, and we usually have 1 or 2 of them a day..
where we can either study or do whatever. We can also leave the school grounds and go home or something during that time too (only for year 13s)

A school day is from 8:45 till 3:10.
5 classes a day.. but usually I only end up getting 3 because of having 2 studys or something. Each class goes for an hour, but most teachers let us go early, or just don't even take a class for us cause they're busy or something.. and let us do our own thing. They're pretty good at giving us independence. Cause face it, you can't really tell 17 and 18 year olds what to do 24/7 cause we're basically adults :lol: They usually give us extensions on stuff if we ask for one. :lol:

my school is pretty nice..
you can leave ur bag around on the ground.. and people dont touch it, or steal it..
and if you lose something, usually someone hands it in.

:)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
EdwardsGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by EdwardsGirl »

Well, I just graduated from a high school that had 400 people. Yes, pretty small. =) It was one of the sterotype small school. Everyone knows everything about anyone and the "populars" ran over the teachers and took control of the school. I am waiting to find out that the principal gets fired...he wasn't very good.

I'm now in college at Jacksonville State University in Alabama. I pretty much love it here. There is only 9,000 students enrolled...so it is down to earth and very comfortable.
I won't try to philosophize, I'll just take a deep breath and I'll look in your eyes.