Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Jane V »

My school....kinda sucks.

for one thing, our asst. principal is a VAMPIRE, and i don't mean the good Twilight kind. i mean like true vampire/Transylvania/the whole nine. plus the people at my school aren't very smart or nice. most of them are just annoying. so yeah.

but on the bright side, i do have some good teachers and great friends :)
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
bandnerd218
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bandnerd218 »

I go to a public high school in the middle of nowhere.
about 70% of the school is preppy or uber redneck. about 10% re on drugs. and another 5% are loners the rest are pretty cool. im with the weirdish people/emo looking people/dorks[im a band-y] my main friends are band geeks, metal heads and emoish people. and some others. :) its all good w/ me!
Jesse=My love.My life.
"I'll sing to you all night if it will keep the bad dreams away" -Edward
"Your Slower than a fat kid on crutches"-Aphrodite;Untamed
"The greener grass on the other side is probably just AstroTurf"-idk
Kim-Kate
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kim-Kate »

I go to a tiny all girls Catholc High School in Manhattan. It has its ups and downs. For one thing we're all really close, but then there's the uniform, the lack of guys, the administration... yeah those parts suck. But then I remember that we go to school in an old townhouse with pretty chandeliers and wood-paneled rooms and fireplaces (that we can't light, but are still cool) and centuries old Germain stained-glass windows (the previous owner was an art collector) and I feel better.
me: "So what does that make me?"
my friend: "A preppy, demi-goth nerd."
me: "That is such a paradox."

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it" -Anonymous
CamberXite

Post by CamberXite »

My school is the bomb.
Seriously, my school owns.

We have awesome teachers, awesome people, and awesome caff food.

Not to mention that Grade 11 Bio students get to dissect pigs.
That is BEYOND awesome.
"Burned Beyond Recognition Is What You’ll Be When I’m Finished With You"
The tiger in the foreground has it’s teeth sunk in her throat Image
Galinda
Settled in Forks

Post by Galinda »

My school is actually quite cool. I go to a Waldorf School (is called Rudolf Steiner School in some cities) and although there are a lot prejudices from other people, most of them being really mean and some also discriminating, it's really nice. The teachers at my school really care about us pupils and try to help with the problems we have, be it school or family. This is probably only possible because there are only 400 or so pupils. Also at my school there is only a minority of people who fail their exams because we get very good adviced about which exams to take (have to admit, though, the preparation lacks in some subjects). Don't know about the schoolsystems in other countries, but in Germany the state schools aren't really that good, so Waldorf is an alternative.

P.S: No, I'm not getting paid writing this :) It's my honest opinion. School sucks, but if you're at a good school life is a little bit easier.
The key to being beautiful is to hang around with really ugly people.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

CamberXite wrote:My school is the bomb.
Seriously, my school owns.

We have awesome teachers, awesome people, and awesome caff food.

Not to mention that Grade 11 Bio students get to dissect pigs.
That is BEYOND awesome.
Uck, our Anatomy class dissects pigs. One reason I'm taking AP Bio instead of Anatomy next year.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
cullen grl 17
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen grl 17 »

my school is pretty cool! i've been there since i was in pre-k and now im in the eight grade and its my last year before i go to high school. my middle school classes are great the rooms feel very comforting and the teachers are nice, but then in like the fifth grade we got a whole bunch of transfers and now are school is not all that great cuz some people are really bad, im talking about selling drugs and drinking and then we have all the jocks/preps and then the normal people who never get in trouble like me and my group and some other groups as well. over all, im going to miss that school once i leave.
***But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it;
for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die***
Massacre
Settled in Forks

Post by Massacre »

My school's alright. The building is really old but I guess it's in pretty good shape, considering it's been there since I think around the 80s, maybe even earlier! Most of the teachers are extremely mean and extremely old, but there's a few exceptions. We get a ton of homework since we're like the top middle school/junior high in the state. I don't mind too much unless it's an essay.

And then the people... they're all rich (all wearing designer brands), snobby, stuck up kids who go to the school because their parents had the money. Some people are nice but that's a rare occasion. I guess my school's okay, but it's people could definitely improve. :roll:

<3
Team Switzerland;; because Jasper's in my head
<3 Jacob Black
<3 Edward Cullen

"Freaky Bella."
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

I'm in Australia.
I've been to a few schools.
I've been to public, catholic and homeschooled.

The public was... well it had heaps of dropkicks. Kids doing drugs, drinking, sleeping around etc.
But it also had some nice kids. SOME.
Classes were bad. The teachers didn't want to be there; and they'd lost their passion for teaching long ago.
Obnoxious students were forever disrupting the lesson. (much the same as any school).

Catholic all girls school was... interesting to say the least.
The education and the teachers were really good, but it just wasn't worth it.
Imagine a school full of hormone rushed, boy crazy, rich spoiled snobs running around.
That was my school.
I lasted only one term (10 weeks) before begging that I be liberated.
I remember the first day of attending that school.
I was walking through the grounds with my mum and we overheard one girl squealing "OMG. There's going to be BOYS there"
If only I knew that was only the prelude.

Home schooled is definitely my favourite.
I don't have to deal with try-hards and frustrated teachers.
They send me booklets, I do them.
They're really flexible with the amount of work I send back in and how often.
I have teachers I can call and visit if I want, but they actually still enjoy teaching.
I have tons of time to myself.
And it's just.. better. =)
vamp na hEireann
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

bandnerd218 wrote:I go to a public high school in the middle of nowhere.
about 70% of the school is preppy or uber redneck. about 10% re on drugs. and another 5% are loners the rest are pretty cool. im with the weirdish people/emo looking people/dorks[im a band-y] my main friends are band geeks, metal heads and emoish people. and some others. :) its all good w/ me!
Woo!Emo-loner-band geek-metal head kids rule!!I'm one!Yay!My school is really tiny,like 300 and something in the whole school and our secondry schools have 6 years as opposed to 4 in high schools.There is a grand total of 26 students in my year and they're all scangery chavs that can barely spell their own names and spend their weekends in the pub and in the chipper.All appart from my elite group of three friend who are more interested in playing Halo,watching foreign movies or really good action or horror movies and looking up retarded japanese ads on youtube and laughing our arses off at them...not to mention making glow-staffs with brush handles and pretending to be jedi masters! :lol:
Opps,getting slightly off topic.Yeah my school is class.most of the teachers are nice and our principle is class and retarded(cos he went to the same national school as me!)I hate all the students though.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia