Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by cassis_rose »

I just finished my Freshman year in Polytechnic. 2 more years to go.

Poly life is quite relaxed in a way that we are treated like adults.

Compare to other Polytechnics, I think mine is stricter. My friends can don't go to school yet nothing will happen. In my Poly, if you have absence without leave for 2 times per subject, you will only get a GPA of 1.0. I can skip lectures if I want to though.

You can wear what you want but there are dress-codes to follow, like no flip-flops and tank tops, etc. Most people just go to school with a T-shirt, shorts/bermudas and flip-flops. Our time-table varies, sometimes you just go for the 2 hours lecture and go home or have 9-4pm classes with 1 hour lunch time. Our lecturers and teachers always finished their lessons before 2 hours is up, so the remaining time is free and easy.

I think there are a few thousand students currently enrolled in the Poly. In Business Studies Grouping course alone, there are already 500+ Freshmen students, the largest course in the school.

I'm aiming to get a scholarship for overseas University.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

My school is an all-girls public school, very multi-cultural. I have to wear a tie after the holidays :( Annoying winter uniform!
Jadey wrote:A school day is from 8:45 till 3:10.
You are so lucky! My school day is from 8:45 to 3:30. Nobody really listens during the last half hour :lol:
Apart from the uniform (which is very very strict!!!) the only bad thing about school is the state of my form-room. It's covered in gum, dirty, dark, small and falling to pieces. Part of the ceiling fell down during maths!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Ok:

I got to Nerang High State School. My school is such a hole!!! It's know as "Nerang's a hole"
It's so empty too.

I wanted to go to Queensland Academy of Science, Mathematics and Technology. But I missed out on the exams by 3 days!!!! They said that if I wanted to do the Exams, I'd have to wait till next year! Which was a no go for me.

So now I'm aiming for a Scholarship to Griffith University, Bond University, Queensland University of Technology, University of New South Wales and the National Institute of Dramatic Arts. I want as many options as possible. Then when I'm done, I'll be aiming for a Scholarship at Harvard or Yale! Maybe. But right now, my goal is to become School Captain. Because if I do, I get a free scholarship to any university! Great isn't it?

I want to become an actor! Though I want to move overseas to become famous ^_^ L.A tee~hee.........

So yeah. I've always wanted to go to All Saints Anglican College though. Only because it's rich. I don't know why, but I have a thing for rich schools. But at the moment I go to a whole that only pays $300 a year. Whilst for all Saint's it's $5000. But Emmanuel is THE most richest school that's probably in Australia. It's $70,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as you can see, I go to a hole!
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

I got to a small town school district. It's like 4 small towns in one school. I have only 84 kids in my whole class. What I dislike is that our school is really small.
jesscaa
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by jesscaa »

My school day begins at 7:15 :x
and is a quite large school, which I guess I don't mind so much...
I just wish the people in there would be a tad more mature.XD
Jasper's Confederate Army-Delilah Devon. Recovering patient at Carlisle's Medical Center. Sarah is my Twi-twin!