Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Macy!
Learning to Love Green

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Macy! »

I go to your average, public high school. We have a little over 1,000 students and it's just like any other school with the cliques and such. The education itself is awesome, we're #2 in the state. For some reason, focus is put more into our sucky football team (won one game last year..) than our cheer team (in my opinion, who cares) that is really good or our choir (yeahh!) who is number 1 in the region and #4 in the state. A lot of people smoke pot, but it doesn't really pose as a huuge problem..like not many people come to school high or threatening to bomb or kill anyone or anything..We don't have much bullying either..just the typical tough people who threaten people to make themselves look tough, but never do anything. No uniforms, thank God.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I go to a school that is k-8 (im in 8). I HATE IT!!!!!! More than half of the kids in my grade have learning disabilities, and of course, there are the people that think they are soooo cool. I am in the "Nerd Herd" (thats really what they call us) and im fine with it. All of the kids in my school are slackers, too. I was out of school for a month and a half because I was seriously injured, and I was still the only person that got straight A's. I am not a teachers pet, like they say I am, I actually didnt like any of my teachers last year, except for one, because Ive known her since I was like 2. Im just the only non-slacker. They tease me, and one day I got so sick of ot that I was yelling at this kid named Allen, I was like, Allen, when you are working at burger king in your mid-thirties.... thats all I got out before he interrupted. So yeah...... this is an average day at Epsom Central School.
I am hoping to go to a private catholic high school about 15 minutes away from my house next year, one of the reasons because I figure none of the kids will be able to pass the test before you are even accepted to the school. It would be refreshing to go to a school where nobody has died before. At my current school, some little girl was hit by a bus (before I started going there) and at the public high school I hope I dont have to go to, some people were messing around and a guy pushed another guy's head down, and he fell and hit his head on the sidewalk, and he bled to death right there. Creepy, eh?

And so ends the longest post ive ever written.
List, Gnat ♥
Starlight_juice
Settled in Forks

Post by Starlight_juice »

I go to a very urban public school. It is an old, over crowded, mess of a place. Fortunately for me, I was accepted into the IB program. The nicer portion of my school is reserved for it. The teachers in the IB program only teach the few IB students in the school. It is quite an amazing experience compared to normal classes. I feel like my mind is being challenged and by the end of my senior year (I'm a sophomore by the way) I will have completed my first year of college. Most people at my school...do not want to be there. I don't blame them. I am trying to make the best of it though. I have great friends to grovel with. :lol:
"Love heals all wounds, not just time alone."
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I go to a public school. It's full of pregnant people. the other day there was girl carrying a real live child around...not one of the computer ones they use in health classes. I was confused about that one... and there's a lot of gangster wannabe' s
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

Dang... I don't know what my highschool is like. I think it's awesome ... we'll except for it not being my old school. I mean yeah. I think all the people are pretty chill and kinda wack (probably cuz lots of them do drugs but they're still awesome haha) and that's what I love about it. Sure we've got plenty of snobby bimbo sluts but you know, I don't think it's possible to find a school without any.
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

What kind of school do you go to?
I go to a public school, and I start my first day of high school tomorrow.
What do you like/dislike about it?
Like: Umm, Well I havent been there yet,but I like that its part block schedule, part 7 hours. I like that the lockers are bigger, I love the resource center that has nice computers.
Dislike: It starts too early, too many people, way too big of a school, I dont know my way around, you cant have your iPods on campus, you cant dye your hair, you cant wear skulls (dress code is very strict).
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

my school is pretty friendly

its a public high school (and girls only) so we get heaps of poly girls who are kind of intimidating
we have 5 periods a day--each is one hour long
and we have formtime/assembly after first period
theyre pretty strict on uniform this year (we wear shirts, ties, skirts)
but theyre pretty relaxed on badges on our jerseys and bags and stuff and ipods and cellphones
umm in seventh form (last year of high school) we dont have to wear uniform :) sweet!
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

I go to a Catholic all girls school with 400 students. It is so lame. Everybody knows everybodys business, and you wouldn't believe the amount of bitchyness that goes on at schools like mine. Because it's so small, our subject choices are really bad and the uniform is ridiculously strict. You can't wear headbands unless they are red or blue (because they go with the uniform) and the teachers actually measure how long and short summer dresses and winter kilts are. Hair tied up (with a black tie) top button done up, tie down properly, No make up, one stud in each ear. If your shoes aren't polished perfectly, or you're wearing nail polish, you have to go down to the office and sort yourself out. If you have on any jewellery you shouldn't, they confiscate it for the whole semester. The annual "Harry Potter Week" was cancelled by the new principal because she doesn't believe in witchcraft. Come on. I could go on, but I'll finish my rant here :]

I'm coming to live in the U.S next year, and I can't wait to go to a public school. No uniform. Aaaah. :D
jacob-rox-my--sox wrote:we have 5 periods a day--each is one hour long
and we have formtime/assembly after first period
theyre pretty strict on uniform this year (we wear shirts, ties, skirts)
but theyre pretty relaxed on badges on our jerseys and bags and stuff and ipods and cellphones
umm in seventh form (last year of high school) we dont have to wear uniform :) sweet!

Sorry, do you mind if I ask where in NZ you are? And you're right, Edward does live in New Zealand. :D
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
Nicolaaa
Settled in Forks

Post by Nicolaaa »

I go to a public school, there is around 1400 pupils that go.
My school isn't too bad, the worst things are the probably the uniform, some of the teachers and then the people I don't really like.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Ugh I pulled a Bella in gym today.
List, Gnat ♥