What is height to you?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Re: What is height to you?

Post by A.H »

I'm 5' 7/5'8 and all my friends are shorter than me and at school most girls are shorter than me so everyone is always telling me you're tall. I'm taller than some of the boys in my class. I'm so used to being told I'm tall that I consider myself as tall but after reading this thread apparently I'm average height.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

ashiekins16 wrote:
malaz wrote:
ashiekins16 wrote:I'm about 5'8..and I think I'm average for a girl. I think 5'5 to 5'9 is average for a girl.
WHAT? i am a dwarf. haha, i am only 5"3. so i am below averge. damn it all.

my dad is 6 feet tall and so are my older two brothers. my younger brother is as tall as me. my mom is 5"3 too. i want to be a leeeeeetle bit taller. like 5"5 or something.

yeah, i agree with the person who said the perfect height for a guy is 6"2 or just anything above six feet. 5"11 is acceptable as well. LOL...i like other heights. but as a general rule for me, he has to be taller than me.

I'm sorry. But thats almost a half a head shorter than me. That feels short to me. Not that its a bad thing.. ;p
nah, don't worry about it. haha. i was wanted to be a little sarcastic there.
i actaully think i've grown an inch. because my old jeans seem shorter now. hm...
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

I'm 5'4'' 1/2, I really wish I was 5'5'', I know it's just a little difference, but I still want it, lol.

I'm the tallest girl in my family, my sister being only 4'11" (she swears she's five foot, but she's not) and my mom being 5'3", and since I always wear heels I tower over them. Then my dad is 5'10" and my brother is 6'1".

For me average height for girls is 5'3" to 5'6" anything over is tall, and anything under is short. For guys 5'7" and under is short, 5'8" to 5'11" is average and anything over is tall, which are the guys I prefer, but can never find, it seems like all they guys around where I live are average to short. :cry:
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
heartofmp*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartofmp* »

it seems like all they guys around where I live are average to short.
Whats wrong with short guys?? :P
I'm 5'3-ish and growing, which is pretty small to me...my mom calls me tall though...(shes 5 feet even lol)anything over 5'7 is tall to me-guys or girls...I think my opinion on that has changed though, because my bf is about 5'2...(when we first started dating he was ony 5 feet-that was 2 years ago) He is always self-concious about it though..I really like to wear heels... :roll: The height thing has never really bothered me though.
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

heartofmp* wrote:
it seems like all they guys around where I live are average to short.
Whats wrong with short guys?? :P
I'm 5'3-ish and growing, which is pretty small to me...my mom calls me tall though...(shes 5 feet even lol)anything over 5'7 is tall to me-guys or girls...I think my opinion on that has changed though, because my bf is about 5'2...(when we first started dating he was ony 5 feet-that was 2 years ago) He is always self-concious about it though..I really like to wear heels... :roll: The height thing has never really bothered me though.
Nothings wrong with them, I just wear high heels 90% of the time and I like to be able to be able to look up to a guy (litteraly) because it feels weird to me to be looking at the top of his head.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
aprilshowers
Settled in Forks

Post by aprilshowers »

Well I am about 5"6 so I'm pretty average.Yet I can still never find jeans long enough to fit me.See I have long legs but I'm still too short to get jeans from the tall range.Urgh! Anyone else have that problem. I take a 34 inch leg yet tall is 36/37 inches which is far too long and long in normal ranges in 32 inches.See the problem.
Anyway for women I think anything under 5"3 is short ,5"4 -5"7 is average. 5"8-5"11 is tall. 6ft + is really tall.

Guys- 5"7 or under- short, 5"8-5"11is average.6ft is quite tall and 6"1 + is tall.
i'm not really bothered about height but I do like the guy to be taller than me. So I can wear heels.
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

I'm 164,5 cm, which is around 5,39 feet... I think 6'-6'2'' is a nice height for boys/guys. Anyone taller is too tall for me lol :lol: My best guy friend is 6'4" and I barely reach his elbow, it's really strange when we're walking next to each other :D And for girls -I don't care. Tall women can look amazing! Too bad it's harder for them to find tall men...
Last edited by tsvety on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I'm only 5' I" So I'm pretty short. And I can't even wear high heels to make up for it. Every time I try I fall flat on my face.
I like guys who are taller then me. So that's ok, because most of them are. And all of my friends except for some who are younger are taller then me. I feel as if I have to stand on my toes while I'm talking to them.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

I'm about 162cm, I'm not sure how many feet that is, something like 5"3? I'm not sure, but I used to be really short, and now I'm pretty much average height. I'm seventeen in a couple of months and my doctor said that I've stopped growing and I won't get any taller. Does anyone know for sure the average age a girl stops growing? I think its different for a guy, beacause they have growth spurts later on.

I don't think I ever had a growth spurt, it seems to be a guy thing.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
mz.cullenn
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by mz.cullenn »

I'm about 5"3.
I don't think I will grow much taller though.
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.

Proud Cullenist, Member of Alice House and Supporter of Team Edward, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-

I LOVE ME SOME JASPER.