Shannon Hale

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Shannon Hale

Post by Pel »

This thread is to discuss the works of Shannon Hale. Her work ranges from YA such as the Princess Academy to adult work Austenland. Please feel free to discuss her various works here.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Shannon Hale

Post by porscheturbo911 »

I read a book by her a couple of months back; Book of a Thousand Days.
I loved it! It was one of those twist on a fairytale stories. I was surprised when I found out that she and SM were friends :)!
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Major, MAJOR props for Shannon Hale! I read "The Princess Academy" a few months ago and really loved it, but didn't look into reading anything else that she had written until a few weeks ago when I was on SM's myspace and saw that she had attended, like, a book release or something for Shannon Hales book "Austenland" and I love Jane Austen so I said "what the heck?!" and picked up a copy from the library. I finished it in a day. IT WAS SO FABULOUS! Of course it is, SM recommended it! So now I'm just going to have to find some more of her books because I love reading her. It's like reading SM, they have such unique and intriguing voices and styles. Ugh, fantastic!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

I've read a few of her books now; The Princess Acadamy, The Goose Girl and Enna Burning. I loved all of them and I can't wait to read the others. The Princess Acadamy was the first one I read and when I got it from the library I thought it was going to be one of those really girly books about finishing school or something (I like those books, I just always try to get a 'serious' book and a 'fun' book and I thought this would be in the 'fun' category). Anyway, it was much much better than I expected. It's a shame about the name though - I thought my brother would like it as we have similar taste but he refuses to read a book with princess in the title :roll: .
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I have read Shannon Hale in the last 6 months or so. She is a very fun writer with interesting stories to tell. I just finished River Secrets which is the 3rd book in the Goose Girl series. I enjoyed all of them. I loved Princess Academy. It was the first book of hers that I read. i also thought it might be a girly book, but I found the heroine strong and smart and the story very interesting. I love Jane Austen and the book Austenland was a fun day read. It had just enough Austen reference and it's own story. Book of a Thousand days was another good book that I was surprised by. With all of her books I have felt that the characters were well brought out. I really felt for them and wanted to know what happens to them. And the settings were fascinating. I would recommend any of Shannon Hales books.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
VampireKnight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VampireKnight »

porscheturbo911 wrote:I read a book by her a couple of months back; Book of a Thousand Days.
I loved it! It was one of those twist on a fairytale stories.
I have to agree on that. I LOVED Book of a Thousand Days and I adored the Goose Girl. I have found myself able to relate to her characters, especially in the Goose Girl. I think we all have those weak periods in our lives that seem insurmountable but then we find out that we're really stronger than we think.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Loved the book "Princess Academy" My friend and I worked together and did a book project where we made a puppet show to tell the story! Cute, right?

Love,
*Wanderer*
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I read Goose Girl and loved it! Hmmm I need to get a copy of that one.
I haven't read anything else but I plan to.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I saw a picture of her and her baby on SM's myspace page!! = D
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, in my last post I seemed to have been mistaking Goose Girl for Goose Chase, but I recently read Goose Girl and I can now honestly say that I loved it!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com