Stereotyping

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Re: Stereotyping

Post by Sterling Snow »

I can honestly say I am one of THE most hardcore Twilighters at my school. It irritates me to no end how many girls, so-called "fans", who only squeal over Edward's hotness, wear their Twilight t-shirts everyday, don't know the names of any of the cast (if i had a quarter for everytime someone has called Rob "Edward", I would be very rich and very pi$$ed) and haven't even read all the books. They think they are such huge fans, too.

I have been a fan since December 2007, so I'm kinda new, but I've thrown myself whole-heartedly into the fandom. I have to be the Twi-rumor police (no, they're not replacing the entire cast, no, the movie was not really shot in Forks). I kind of like being able to dispel some of the rumors, though. I like staying informed. :)
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Grr... I hate it in my Chinese class. I'm Chinese, but I don't know how to speak or write very much. But everyone in that class thinks that I constantly cheat by using some none existing former knowledge of the language when ever I ace a test or a quiz. Truth is, I don't get 100% on everything in that class...
Just like everyone in that class, ENGLISH is my first language!!!
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

stereotyping is mean... hurtful..... and offensive.

and is used to make the person who does the stereotypign feel better by showing that everyone else is the same and they are the special one.... yes they are special.... but so is everyone else.... just in their own unique ways...

once everyone in the world comes to grips with that reality... we will be better off... until then we are always going to experience tension and intolerance towards one another....

and this all starts not because someone was evil or ill-willed.... it is simply started by stereotyping.

.:end rant:.
excuse me. i just hate how people can bully others. its hurtful.
E<3B .::. APPC-Team Alice .::. Sheila Delucci- Mafia .::. RANDIE REGULAR SINCE #11
He's just going to get ruined by women. .::. Where's Efron?.::. QUADRUPLETS: Syd Nar & Cocoa
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Stereotyping is stupid. There are a lot of ones about Americans down here that I know aren't true because of the people I meet on the Lex. All the Aussie ones are annoying too, because I have a lot of family in Oz.
All in all, I don't like stereotyping.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

addictedbooklover wrote:Stereotyping is stupid. There are a lot of ones about Americans down here that I know aren't true because of the people I meet on the Lex. All the Aussie ones are annoying too, because I have a lot of family in Oz.
All in all, I don't like stereotyping.
B..but hassling aussies is fun.. :lol: :lol: Nz stereotyping aus and aus stereotyping us is just a bit of fun... sibling rivalry in a way :D
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Jadey wrote:B..but hassling aussies is fun.. :lol: :lol: Nz stereotyping aus and aus stereotyping us is just a bit of fun... sibling rivalry in a way :D
Yeah, I guess, as long as they aren't mean. Sometimes things end up sounding worse than they're intended to be.
I'm guilty of stereotyping Aucklanders... hehehe :lol:

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Many people think that Texas is like "the cowboy" state and is all country-western but we are completely the opposite.

When I was in Washington DC, this girl asked me if we rode horses to school. I was sooo pissed after that.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

:shock: Uhhhhh.... wow. I live up north, it's basically the opposite. Anyone 'country' is pretty much an outcast. In my town, at least.
List, Gnat ♥
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Thats not as bad as people thinking New Zealanders live in huts and have no electricity.

:x

New Zealand is like a mini version of Australia/England/Canada. :lol:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

:shock: Why do people assume things like that? That's like, because I'm American, I'm automatically fat and lazy. Well, I may be lazy I guess... but I would be lazy if I were any nationality! :lol:
List, Gnat ♥