How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
uniqueTWILIGHTfan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: How do you talk?

Post by uniqueTWILIGHTfan »

I'm from Texas and I don't have a super thick accent though when travel to like D.C. or NY people always ask where my accents from I'm like "Texas...I Think?"
Rainbowfairy
Settled in Forks

Post by Rainbowfairy »

I'm from Birmingham, England so I have a brummie accent... the brummie accent is said to be dull and boring but i don't think i sound dull and boring lol well i hope not anyway ; ) xxx
Image Image Image
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Yep..I'm an Aussie and pretty much talk like how talirhee described herself..Pretty much heaps of Aussie's are the same..My family is from the country so I use a lot of slang and boganish farm stuff that even my friends at school haven't heard..Like I said once: The weather's lookin' a bit how ya goin'! And all I got was blank stares..
And things like: Flat out like a lizard drinking!
And..Pushing out the zeds
Hit the sack..

Oh! And I also talk really really fast or so they say..And then when I get excited it's even faster..So noone EVER understands what i say..

One of my best friends actually said to me once after I told her a story: You know Elise, I can never actually understand any stiry you say so I just stand here and smile..Thanks! Great support! :roll:

But I can just talk for ages and never get tired..I must have a big lunge capacity..:lol:
And I can talk really fast if I want to..but it doesn't seem fast to me..Maybe I'm part vampire :o
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

I have a Texan accent when I let it out. I rarely do though. I speak as calmly and neutrally as possible. I don't like my accent, I don't like repetitious words, so I always try to expand my vocabulary. Southern drawl and larger words don't normally mix too well, so it saves me every now and then.
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

my parents are hispanic.
somewhere in there is europe.
and also marred in my heritage is asia.

i sound weird when i talk.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

"Flat out like a lizard drinking!" ... LMAO! I can't say I've heard that one before!
Yeah, hit the sack. And hit the hay. :D
I say stuff like "Narky", and "Cossies".
But even half my friends don't know what Jammies are. "Jah-mies"... Pajamas. Is that an Australian thing? Or just a Talia thing? =P

Hmm, this Aussie slang book says "Sook" is slang. But thought it was pretty much normal? Does anyone else know it?
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I kind of like...my voice is not so girly! Like, I sound like a girl, but it's not all high pitched! -headdesk-
ImageImage
E<3B
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I kind of like...my voice is not so girly! Like, I sound like a girl, but it's not all high pitched! -headdesk-
Ughh, my voice is so high pitched. Consider yourself lucky. I sound like a dying cat!
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

i have the opposite problem my voice is quite low for a girl and once my uncle mistook me for my MALE cousin on the phone! i was most perturbed by that :x
flat out like a lizard drinking :lol: that made me giggle buckets.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

talirhee wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:I kind of like...my voice is not so girly! Like, I sound like a girl, but it's not all high pitched! -headdesk-
Ughh, my voice is so high pitched. Consider yourself lucky. I sound like a dying cat!
Hahah! A dying cat?It can't be that bad, because that noise is QUITE disturbing. But sometimes, I get so annoyed at my voice! ESPECIALLY when I hear it played back...*shudder*
:lol: :P
ImageImage
E<3B