Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Does anybody have a good arguement I can use to help sway my mom on the topic of letting me get my nose pierced? I turned 16 last month and I've wanted to get it done since I was 13, recently 2 of my friends have gotten it done and my mom thinks that's the only reason I want it don, but it's not. I've tried telling her that, but she brushes me off. Usually she's really laid back about that type of thing and lets me do what I want as far as fashion (which I consider a nose stud to be), but she's being difficult about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, and my school allows you to have nose rings, as long as they are small.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Deja wrote:I have three tattoos. One, my first one, is a shamrock, and it's on my right foot, on the inside, up toward the ankle. The other is drama/tragedy masks that are inverted, and that's on my left back shoulder. Then I have a cardinal on my left hip in the back. They all mean something, the shamrock is for my Irish heritage, the drama/tragedy masks symbolize my love for film/theatre/drama and my cardinal is for my grandparents who died last year 8 weeks apart. They loved birds.

One plus I have is that my brother is a tattoo artist, and I get them for birthdays/christmas/etc. :)
I have a shamrock too on my right ankle, but it is on the outside. It is for my Irish heritage too. My grandparents on my mother's side are from Ireland. And of course I am proud to be IRISH. I have a butterfly on my other ankle. It is for re-birth and beauty to remind me that one is always changing and transforming.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Waffle of Doom - I've been wanting to get my nose pierced for I don't know how many years now but I haven't because my mom says that it's not attractive. Now mind you I'm 37 and have listend to her. She wonders why I would want it done because she thinks I have enough tattoos to keep me satisfied but she's wrong.

I was suppose to treat myself as a Christmas present but I'm kind of nervous to get it done. I've had my belly button pierced for almost 6 years now but even though I want my nose done it still scares me.

Sorry I can't offer more help but I would let her know that you've been thinking about it for awhile and that it has nothing to do with your friends and it's just something you want done.

Dazzled_by_Cullens - I also have a butterfly tattoo but I love how you said that it represents re-birth and that one is always changing. I've never thought of it like that before but I'm so loving the meaning. Maybe that's why I chose it as my first.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

i feel like i should post here seeing as i was dubbed the piercing/tattoo expert within my first month of being here :lol:
i have 9 piercings, 4 holes on each and then one cartilage, im gonna get my nose pierced at some point and i might get an industrial later on
as for tattoos, im only 15, so i dont have one yet, but my mom is taking me and my friend to get one on my eighteenth birthday, im getting a little heart on my hand in that part between the bottom of the thumb and the rest of the hand, i dont know how to describe it.... :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I'm kinda against tattooes. The case where someone got 56 stars on her face instead of 3 isn't very encouraging...
I do have my ears pierced, though I probably won't get any more.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

I'm normally a conservative individual but I've got a mean wild streak in me. :roll:

I was thinking of either getting my family crest over my whole back (imagine my surprise when I read that Inked interview with Jackson Rathbone. Great minds think alike, I guess.)
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

@charlotte
holy crap! did that really happen?!
@rose
thatd be sick! =D
ImageImage
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Waffle of Doom wrote:Does anybody have a good arguement I can use to help sway my mom on the topic of letting me get my nose pierced? I turned 16 last month and I've wanted to get it done since I was 13, recently 2 of my friends have gotten it done and my mom thinks that's the only reason I want it don, but it's not. I've tried telling her that, but she brushes me off. Usually she's really laid back about that type of thing and lets me do what I want as far as fashion (which I consider a nose stud to be), but she's being difficult about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, and my school allows you to have nose rings, as long as they are small.
I got my mom to let me by telling her I would just get it done by a friend in a garage and then she could pay for the hospital bills when it got infected. Or she could just sign for me to get it done professionally
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

:lol: :lol:
love it :lol:
ImageImage
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

piercings are fine.. as long as they're on the nose ears or anywhere on the ear. with occasional nipple rings on guuys and snake bites. monroes are okay. as long as it's only one.
anywhere else is well ugly in my opinion.
now tattoos..
are fine on guys. as long as it's nowhere weird.... :|
and girls... uhm.... NO.
uinless they're small, only on the arms, legs back and stomach. anywhere else is disgusting.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.