Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by Lynzeee »

I have 2 tattoos One is a 3 inch by 3inch Chinese symbol for truth it was my first.. its on my shoulder blade.
I have a Pink and orange Orchid on my right Wrist that is done to look much like a Monet painting and its beautiful it looks like it was done with colored pencil or something i love it. Im currently drawing my own piece, well me and my tattoo artist are it takes me awhile to decide what i want and i like to draw my own.. i didnt draw my first one but that was my "IM 18 and doing whatever i want" tattoo Im going to get a shoulder piece thats about 7 inches down my back from the top of my shoulder and then ends close to my waist i drew it myself and its still a working progress i probably wont get it until Nov. or Dec. it took me 6 months to get my orchid just right...I love the front the flower on new moon, but white doesnt show up well on my extremely white skin(im Irish.. so its more red i guess) if i had tons of money i would be covered, no doubt, head to toe in ink(like Kat Von D) but i dont so they are few and far between. I have my ears pierced twice in each lobe one pair of the holes is 6 gauge, i have my nose pierced, my tongue.. i use to have my belly button done but my oldest son tore it out of my stomach(yes blood everywhere) so its pretty much ruined forever... I have "private" piercings(enough said)
but i look so rather normal for my generation.. and younger we will all be in nursing homes comparing old wrinkled tattoos trying to remember what it once was.. haha that is all .. I love y'alls ideas for twilight tattoos thats a brilliant idea! ;) :geek:
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

The idea for a Twilight tattoo is amazing. I wonder why it never crossed my mind? I have a tiger on the small of my back because I think they are amazing and they stand for more than I could ever be (not to mention they are my favorite animal) and I have my zodiac sign on my hip because I am a Scorpio through and through. A quote from the book is a good idea though, I have been wanting a quote for some time now. I have my ears pierced- used to have my cartilage and labrae (sp?) done. I also have my nips and belly button done. I'm pretty sure I'm done with piercings now. I'll just stick with tatts. ;)
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Ohh i have a good question... what was your most PAINFUL piercing or tattoo.. whichever?

as much as i would like to say my tattoo on my wrist because its the most recent.. I would have to say having my ears gauged out(which is why im only at 6) i went from a standard 18 maybe even a 22.. to a 6..in like 2 months.. i wont go anymore it hurt really bad.. and it happen so fast my adrenaline didnt kick it like it did with the tattoos

so whats yours? 8-)
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
mrsedwardcullen

My nipples were my most painful for sure. Maybe not the actual piercing, but the healing process. I won't take them out but you couldn't pay me to do them again. Mostly everything else was okay. I know a couple people who didn't like their tongue being pierced but mine went okay. My two tattoos weren't a bother or else I wouldn't want any more!
— Edward
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is into tattoos, I have 6 and can't decide on my next one but a Twilight quote may be the way to go (I think that may be the ticket).

I have my ears pierced (4 in left ear plus cartlidge & 2 in right) and my belly button but that's all, I really want to get my nose done but don't think that it's going to happen (I've put it off for so long, so I'll probably not get it).

So here are my tattoos:
1. vine of flowers around wrist
2. butterfly on my left calf (1st one when I was 19)
3. sun, moon & star on right leg above the ankle
4. dolphin on my lower back
5. dolphin on my right shoulder blade
6. hawaiian flower on back of neck

So, I haven't had a tattoo in a while so I think it's time for more.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

My tattoo is now a week and a half old and i'm really happy with how it turned out. So happy that i want to run out and get another one. Here's a recent photo of it where it's not so swollen or scabby. It's a little dry because I had been in a pool before this was taken and with all the splashing it was nearly impossible to keep it dry. Oops!

I wanted it to look old and understated and it does...yay!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... =792345074

My other tattoos are:
  • ~a manky looking sun taken from a favourite t-shirt my first love used to wear (yeah, yeah, sappy)
    ~the chinese symbols for 'peace' and 'love' on my lower back (to remember a special time in my life and good friends)
    ~the symbol for 'father' on my breast bone (to keep my father close to my heart when he was terminally ill, and now ultimately always with me now that he's passed away)
    ~'breathe' on my wrist to remind me to breathe when things get crazy
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I can't wait to get my next one. I haven't had a new one in almost 2 years & I'm craving to get one (even though I know the pain will be unbearable).

I want to get one on my foot but I know that will hurt soooo bad but what is a little pain for a lifetime of pleasure.

I hate the fact that people say getting tattoo's are a fad because I think once you get one you have to have another. It's just so darn expensive, that's the only problem (I can deal with an hour or two of pain but the money, jeez) but in the end it's all worth it.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i have four piercings: tongue, nose, lip, belly button. and i plan on getting another lip piercing and my septum done.

in less than a month i'm getting my first tattoo on my eighteenth birthday. it's gunna be 'let it be' on my wrist for my dad because his favorite band was the beatles. then i'm getting the evenstar from lord of the rings on my back, tigerlilies on my side because they also remind me of my dad and are my favorite flower (also it's a tigerlily because that means 'i dare you to love me.'), and i dont know what else i want. i plan on getting a lot!
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

kaitlyncullen wrote: in less than a month i'm getting my first tattoo on my eighteenth birthday. it's gunna be 'let it be' on my wrist for my dad because his favorite band was the beatles. then i'm getting the evenstar from lord of the rings on my back, tigerlilies on my side because they also remind me of my dad and are my favorite flower (also it's a tigerlily because that means 'i dare you to love me.'), and i dont know what else i want. i plan on getting a lot!
For someone who is just getting their first tattoo, it's nice to see that you are planning on getting more and know what you want to get, that's awesome.

I love seeing women with tattoos and the different type that they have, I think it's so interesting. My friends all think I'm a freak because I actually like my tattoos and want more because a couple of them think it's not really professional to have alot of tattoos and piercings. Personally, I think it's a bunch of bull.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
mrsedwardcullen

So this would be a good place to post this- what quotes from Twilight do you guys think would make a good tattoo? Right now I'm pretty stuck on getting "forever" (in Edward's writing of course). I just don't know where either? Any suggestions for either? I keep trying to just flip through Twilight to get some good ideas for quotes, but always end up getting sucked back into reading it (no complaints though ;) )
— Edward