Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by ana; »

Does it hurt too much?
Im thinking of getting "elle a vecu" in my wrist, it's short.

but i'm a coward.
needles creep the hell out of me.

so like from 1 to 10?
how much?
Barnabas
Wandering Through Town

Post by Barnabas »

I've been thinking about a tattoo for a while...we'll see...

I have an earring in my left earlobe. I told my daughter (who I never expected to have the guts to have her ears pierced) that if she did hers, I'd have my left earlobe pierced. Well, she got hers pierced, and so did I. I felt like I was going to pass out. It didn't hurt all that much, though.

I've been moving up to thicker and thicker earrings. I think the one I have now is 4 gauge? I don't plan to go much larger than that. I might consider getting another piercing higher up on my ear, though.
therealstarr27
Settled in Forks

Post by therealstarr27 »

I have 23 tattoos including my new twilight one :) and I have 7 piercings... I actually have a tattoo on my left wrist and I must say.. I barley felt a thing. I dont know if it was because I am used to them or what. Everyone told me it was going to hurt but really it was not that bad at all.... Now my twilight tattoo that is another story... I dont think I will ever get another tattoo on my ribs or hips... I can usually stand a lot of pain and it wont faze me, but I have had to make my tattoo and three session tattoo. Will this be your first tattoo ana;? On a scale of 1-10.. for me no more then a 2... but people are different, just dont freak yourself out, make sure you eat before you go, and do not drink liquor before hand. If you have a problem with pain or needles, my artist told me to take one advil one hour before your session, It tends to help....
---Therealstarr27---
::And so the Lion fell in Love with the Lamb::
The_Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Post by The_Lizzie »

Tattoos aren't really that bad.

Its not like a shot where you have a needle puncturing all the way down and through your skin but its actually going just barely into the skin. It should feel like a scratch over and over in the same spot. Not really painful but more like a burning, annoying sensation.

You really shouldn't fear the size of the needle because its not really that big. See Here. The only thing that really varies is the amount of needles. More needles cover more area, where one or two are used to create finer lines and details. Its a lot like a brush, the wider ones usually used for shading.
~o~o~o~ VMT Queen of Boldness & Healthy Sexuality Peer Educator~o~o~o~
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

therealstarr27 wrote:I have 23 tattoos including my new twilight one :) and I have 7 piercings... I actually have a tattoo on my left wrist and I must say.. I barley felt a thing. I dont know if it was because I am used to them or what. Everyone told me it was going to hurt but really it was not that bad at all.... Now my twilight tattoo that is another story... I dont think I will ever get another tattoo on my ribs or hips... I can usually stand a lot of pain and it wont faze me, but I have had to make my tattoo and three session tattoo. Will this be your first tattoo ana;? On a scale of 1-10.. for me no more then a 2... but people are different, just dont freak yourself out, make sure you eat before you go, and do not drink liquor before hand. If you have a problem with pain or needles, my artist told me to take one advil one hour before your session, It tends to help....
---Therealstarr27---
::And so the Lion fell in Love with the Lamb::
wow, after 23 I think you get used to it.
but yes, this would be my first tatoo.. i'm still not sure. i get scared of course, because of the pain.
but i'm worried about the visibility of it, and jobs and stuff. the thing is I want it there or in the back of my neck.

&& it's me and mom who are getting it, for my sister.

i was thinking in taking like 2 advils before it, so it would hurt less.
and my friend told me, you should drink a shot of tequila before, so you'll be less nervious, but now that you mention it, definetely no.
therealstarr27
Settled in Forks

Post by therealstarr27 »

It depends on what you do for a job. On my left wrist I have a heart and crossbones its size is about 2x2. I could either wear a wristband, like I normally do, I also have a thick watch I also wear to cover it. I think if it is your first tattoo you should get in on you lower neck. I have a four leaf clover there and It did not hurt at all. It felt like a deep tissue message...lol... Just remember this is something that is on your body for the rest of your life. Be Safe... Before I got my wrist done I wrote on it with pen for like 2 weeks to see if it was really what I wanted. That seemed to help. Trying to figure out ways to hide it at work and make sure I really wanted a tattoo there. SO maybe just draw something on your wrist and try it out. At least with pen you know you can take it off... Well I am off to work now..lol.. Hope you speak with you soon.. also if you have any questions just message on here or e-mail me... [email protected]
--And so the Lion fell in Love with the Lamb--
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

HOLY COW! 23 tattoos! i would love to see pics really

i only have 2 getting my 3rd in Nov
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by bluemaria »

I really love body art and piercings. I am however, too indecisive as of yet, to choose anything I want on my body forever. My husband has a very basic sun on his leg and I might get a moon in matching colors most likely on my upper back between my shoulders or on one shoulder blade. It seems kind of cliché but it would be something that has solid meaning to me. A friend told me that was a bad idea (to have related tattoos) and I did not say anything to her but that really bothered me. In my mind when I stood in front of God and my family and promised to love my husband and be with him to the end that, in its self, tattooed me more than any body art ever could. I am a changed person because of it. The actual tattoo would be more because I like them. So I am still deciding *sigh* As for piercings I like them but they are hard to conceal for the most part and in the line of work that I am pursuing they are frowned upon.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I only have one tattoo. Its right behind my left shoulder. But I have 5 piercings but they are only in my ears. I couldn't ever get them anywhere else. Right now I'm trying to convince a friend that tattoos don't really hurt. She wants to get it on her wrist but she said someone told her it hurt. It may but there are worse places..ahh. It really is just this weird annoying sensation. It gets numb and warm, thats what I remember from it. I was nervous at first but now I think its nothing really..
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

therealstarr27 wrote:It depends on what you do for a job. On my left wrist I have a heart and crossbones its size is about 2x2. I could either wear a wristband, like I normally do, I also have a thick watch I also wear to cover it. I think if it is your first tattoo you should get in on you lower neck. I have a four leaf clover there and It did not hurt at all. It felt like a deep tissue message...lol... Just remember this is something that is on your body for the rest of your life. Be Safe... Before I got my wrist done I wrote on it with pen for like 2 weeks to see if it was really what I wanted. That seemed to help. Trying to figure out ways to hide it at work and make sure I really wanted a tattoo there. SO maybe just draw something on your wrist and try it out. At least with pen you know you can take it off... Well I am off to work now..lol.. Hope you speak with you soon.. also if you have any questions just message on here or e-mail me... [email protected]
--And so the Lion fell in Love with the Lamb--
This is what I am doing...my co-workers think I am a dork...but it really does work...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!