Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kl1028
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by kl1028 »

welll what kind of cartoons are you into? for me i like fairies- so i drew me and my sisters as fairies and plan to get that done on me at some point....
think about what cartoon character you like or relate to and maybe get that....
mrsedwardcullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

kl1028 wrote:^nothing against lower back tattoo but they sometimes are called "tramp stamps"....just something to think about...its really based on what it is and a quote can be done quite tastefully so when/if you do it get a good artist who will make it look good
Having a tattoo (no matter where it is) has nothing to do with you being a tramp. I got that from my dad constantly when I first got my tattoo on the small of my back. I think that its a person that makes them a "tramp", not a tattoo.
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

yeah uhm tramp stamps.. i think thats the most retarded thing i've ever heard.. unless it literally says TRAMP on her/his lower back then i think its a total stereotype not all chicks with tats are tramps...
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

So I made my appointment to talk to an artist. He did awesome work on my sister and her friend, and is really creative, so hopefully he can make something awesome...I decided for my first tat, I'm going to do an apple, as long as he can draw up something that doesn't look silly. I still really want to get a quote, but I have no idea where I'd put it, so that will go on the back burner for now.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
jess_marie

Post by jess_marie »

I've got *counts* 12ish tattoos & 3 piercings... my ears are stretched to 00g and I've had my monroe done for 5 years :D

I've a total of 17 stars on my body.. my fave number.
Two ribbons on the back of my calves are my newest additions (spelling? oh it's late...)
Wings on my back *yuck*
A white trash lily on my right arm.
The word Faith next to a heart & crossbones on my right wrist...
Music notes behind my right ear...
& I'm working on a Lenore The Cute Little Dead Girl half sleeve on my left arm <3

& oh so many more to come...
One for my granny and my best friend and I are getting some kind of Twilight Saga tattoos eventually :ugeek:

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Post by silverstar »

I have an inverse navel piercing and a hole in each earlobe.

In 6 months, I'll be 18, so I'm getting a tattoo on my ankle (a music staff with a treble clef and notes in GA). This holds significant meaning for me in a couple ways.

And I'm planning on getting my tongue pierced in early June.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I love tattoos because people have such different things & when I see one that someone has I want to know the story behind it.

I think my next one will be a quote from the saga. I'm thinking about getting "take care of my heart, i left it with you." Then I started thinking about getting "be safe" with my son's name or initials around it.

Now that I know what I want, I just need to find a place to put it. If I get the first quote, I'm thinking on the upper most of my back becaue I already have one on my neck and for the second, I was thinking about the inside of my left wrist, I already have a band of flowers on my right wrist so I was thinking of something to balance it out.

I would love to get something on my foot but I think that might hurt way too much.

I never believed it when people said they were addicting but it's true once you get one, you need more.

And I've never heard of the tramp stamp tattoo, that's so rude. I agree with the quote kl1028 wrote, it's not where the tattoo is, it's the person the tattoo that it's on.

My love for tattoo's started with my dad, his entire arms were covered and I remember as a little girl, taking markers and coloring them in where they started to fade.

Like I said before, a short amount of pain for a lifetime of pleasure.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

There's two tattoos that I might get when I'm older. The first has two skulls, one laughing on top and the other crying on the bottom, they're in a cluster of red roses, and there's a ribbon draped around the whole thing. It says, 'Laugh now, Cry later'.
The other tattoo is called Subconcious Weight. It has an angel in flight. Her wings are facing up, about to come down and there's a bunch of skulls on her back. Her hair fans out and looks like flames. I love the meaning; that no matter how beautiful on the outside, we've all done bad things in the past and must carry those with us. :)
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

Le-Petit-Mort wrote:
The other tattoo is called Subconcious Weight. It has an angel in flight. Her wings are facing up, about to come down and there's a bunch of skulls on her back. Her hair fans out and looks like flames. I love the meaning; that no matter how beautiful on the outside, we've all done bad things in the past and must carry those with us. :)

i really think that sounds absolutely beautiful. =]
i think it would look really good.

anyway, what do you guys think about septum piercings? aside from the piercing i KNOW i'm getting soon, i'm debating getting it done. i already have my nose and lip done (about to be snakebites), but i'm not sure if i'm just addicted to piercings or if i actually would like it. i'm confused. would it be too much on my face? lol. and i'm also thinking about another tongue piercing. (meaning i would have two tongue rings, duhh) i think it would look really cool and it's definitely something that not a lot of people have. i need opinions!

and in less than a week i'm getting my first tattoo. i need to find a good type of font for it since it's going to say 'let it be' on my wrist, but i'm so picky about those things. i think i want the font that SM uses for edward's handwriting in the book. hmm, it's gonna look so pretty. i can't wait. =]

i'll post a picture by next week, and you guys better believe i'm going to have something pierced! (probably just the other side of my lip though, i have a need for snakebites like you wouldnt believe.)
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
keight!
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by keight! »

i had my septum done but i took it out in may.
i personally like them, but i know the majority of people don't so be cautious.

that's how i feel about visible tattoos.
i want one on my wrist, but i've decided to wait until i'm either in or finished with college and i have my career picked out.
just in case i pick a career that doesn't allow visible tattoos.

but anyway, i have 2 tattoos -birdies on my collarbones :]
and 3 peircings - 2 lip and my bellybutton. but i'm thinking about going and re-doing my nose.