Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by simple_love♫ »

vegasn8ive wrote:If you find a good artist who uses good ink and you take care of your tattoo - use sunscreen! - it shouldn't be a blob someday. :lol:
really?? I use sunscreen as lotion so that wouldn't be a problem. but don't your skin cells change and turn it into a blob?? (I'm no dermatologist so my logic might be wrong)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

The ink that artists use has gotten way better in the past few years. Plus, it depends on the technique of the artist. I have a friend who has a beautiful tattoo on her hip. She's had it for almost twenty years and it looks wonderful. Mostly because it never sees the sun. I have some that are five years old and everyone asks me if I just got them. :lol: Don't get me wrong, tattoos will fade and they can end up yucky but that has more to do with the care you give them. ;)
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

I only have my ears pierced, and no tattoos however I love tattoos so when it is legal for me to have one me and my friend are getting joint tattoos, we haven't decided what yet. I also want this done -
http://www.sectumsempra.net/potterpuffs ... emus01.jpg
But I'm gonna wait and see if I still want it (but not that big, I want it on my hip or lower back) but I love it!

Also does anyone have their nose pierced? I'm getting mine done Tuesday and I was wondering if there is any advice anyone can give?
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

vegasn8ive wrote:The ink that artists use has gotten way better in the past few years. Plus, it depends on the technique of the artist. I have a friend who has a beautiful tattoo on her hip. She's had it for almost twenty years and it looks wonderful. Mostly because it never sees the sun. I have some that are five years old and everyone asks me if I just got them. :lol: Don't get me wrong, tattoos will fade and they can end up yucky but that has more to do with the care you give them. ;)
oh I see.

I wonder if there's anyway to talk my mom into letting me get one....
I'll probably have to wait til I'm 18
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Fanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Fanpire »

Doodle wrote:I only have my ears pierced, and no tattoos however I love tattoos so when it is legal for me to have one me and my friend are getting joint tattoos, we haven't decided what yet. I also want this done -
http://www.sectumsempra.net/potterpuffs ... emus01.jpg
But I'm gonna wait and see if I still want it (but not that big, I want it on my hip or lower back) but I love it!

Also does anyone have their nose pierced? I'm getting mine done Tuesday and I was wondering if there is any advice anyone can give?
Hahah...I love that picture...Sirius and Remus...aaah...I love Sirius :)
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

I love piercings. I have 12 piercings in my ears (6 on each) and the belly one. My boyfriend has the Japanese word for wolf in the back of his neck. I want to get the Japanese word for eternity on my wrist and probably a scorpion or a blue rose on my ankle.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Simple_love....
My state, Texas, has a law about that... you must be 18. The artist and/or the parlor can get into some serious trouble for that... so check out your state's laws first.
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

I only have one piercing in each ear, boring I know. I don't think i'd ever get a tattoo, even if my parents would let me, because i have a feeling i would regret whatever i put on later. I would never pierce my bellie button, though i know a ton of people who have. I just think it would get annoying. I think an eyebrow stud might be kind of cool, or at least a double piercing in my ears.

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.
JackyO
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by JackyO »

AlainaTwilight wrote:I have both my ears peirced, and I'm going to get them done a second time later this year.

As far as tattos go, I do want one, maby two. I have a design I know I'm going to get as soon as I'm 18, just 5 more weeks to wait, so that I can get it without my parent's throwing a huge fit. I worked on the design myself and I'm really proud of it. It's a Medical Caduceus with 3 stars that are arcd above the wings with the numbers .3, 11, and 16 inside them. I can't decide if I want it palced on my left sholderblade, or on my lower back. I'm getting it because most of my life has been spent in hospitals or with doctors because of my Liver Condition. I eventually want a second tatto that is somehow related to twilight, but I haven't figured out wat it will be yet.

Here's a picture of the Tatto I designed: http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62 ... ned-01.jpg
Wow, that's a really interesting idea for a tattoo. I've ALWAYS wanted a tattoo, and when my mom FINALLY said that I could get one, my cardiologist said that it wouldn't be such a good idea (i have a genetic disorder that can affect my heart) it was going to be the chinese symbol for chaos on my shoulder blade. And now that dream has gone down the drain. :evil: And not only that, but I had ideas for the next two that I wanted to get (Alice in Wonderland and Betty Boop). I probably would've gotten a Twilight tattoo as well.
Domo-kun loves you

Could the winter calm come twice?
Because your heart seems so cold tonight...
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

i've been playing around with the cover art of each book...i want them all together but i havent found the right look yet....but i will get it done at some point....and i want a quote on me but im not sure which one...

and as for what i have a flower on my upper right shoulder and a sparrows under each collar bone...and then 9 piercings in my ears :)