Chocolate lovers unite

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chocolate lovers unite

Post by Dovrebanen »

This thread should come with a warning... I'm at work and still have 4 hours to go...And I am craving chocolate so much after reading this. And I all have is some sugarfree gum... :(

I love chocolate...All kinds, except the dark ones. My favorite is cornchips covered in chocolate. I can literally eat the entire bag...White chocolate is rare here in Norway, but I just love it when I can get my hands on it.

pennybug~ I hope it was just a one time thing, so that you can still enjoy chocolate :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Aw Pennybug that sucks. I hope it was a one off thing too.

I'm from the UK but currently travelling in America and its so much fun seeing the difference in chocolate. I've already tried some thanks to my friends here in the states (met via the wonderfulness of the Lex!) but its also really cool bringing the British "candy" over here for people to try.

Funny Story: My friends all got hooked on Take 5's, demanding I send some back. Could I find them anywhere in New York (including THE Hersheys store?) - Nope. Then my friend has driven me 1/2 way around South Carolina to find them which we EVENTUALLY did in a drug store, in front of the counter. So I just bought the whole box to send home! They couldnt've been obsessed with Hershys kisses or something equally easy to pick up huh?

Ironically? I've hardly eaten any American chocolate myself, I've been too busy stockpiling for everyone back home!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Aaawwwww thanks Dovrebanen & SarahGoddard. I'm really hoping too. :evil:

But then again it could be a good thing. I sometimes eat too much chocolate. I am definitely a chocoholic. I eat some usually every day.

SarahGoddard : so of the little American chocolate that you've eaten how is it compared to in the UK? I've heard ours isn't good as other places in the world. (I've only had a little bit of Swiss chocolate & I thought it was pretty good. My fav here is Symphony bar, especially the one with toffee & almonds, because of how smooth & yummy it is.) I would love to try some from other parts of the world to compare. How different could they really be? It's all made from the cocoa bean right?
:lol:
Last edited by pennybug84 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

trine, In Holland White chocolate is very usual...
with easter some companies give there employees easter chocolate, at my BF's work it's normally an easter bunny of chocolate and then they can choose between Milk, pure or white....the things weighs a kilo
so no loosing weight at easter......
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I love chocolate, but I don't like white chocolate too much. That so strange that white chocolate is rare in your country Trine :D Here, white chocolate is the favourite chocolate flavour of many people.
and belgian chocolate is simply the best :D

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Shauni ... you wouldn't be a real belgium girl if you didn't like chocolate...... :lol:
I mean, your country is like chocolate heaven.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

i eat way too much chocalate i always eat to much like today i did my fitness dvd then ate a big bar of aero mint choc im gunna be huge one day id just like to add at the mo im still a size 8
team edward all the way
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

marielle wrote:Shauni ... you wouldn't be a real belgium girl if you didn't like chocolate...... :lol:
I mean, your country is like chocolate heaven.....

Hahaha :lol: Yeah I guess that's right. Our chocolate is the best. One good thing about this country :lol:

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Trine I have never heard of chocolate covered chips makes sense though I love salt and sweet together. We have a Take 5 which is a pretzel with peanut butter carmel and dipped in chocolate so it is kinda the same concept
Banner by TammyAZ
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Desiree~ They are delicious. In fact I just bought a bag today after writing about it here yesterday. I just had force myself not to eat the entire thing...

Shauni and Marielle~ It is strange that we don't have white chocolate. I think we currently only have one kind, and that is a mix of white and milk chocolate.
I think I need to take a trip to Belgium to stock up on white chocolate :D
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~