The fashion thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: The fashion thread

Post by debussygirl »

I guess the problem is, I'm a jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops girl, which is why I am coming here for help!
Thanks for putting those outfits together Abby. They are a bit intimidating to me, lol. I am just so clueless on what to wear!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

What's the occaision that you need to dress up for?
Or are you just trying to update your overall image?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Well, I need outfits for my book signings.
And I'm going to be on the news, so I have to look like someone who wrote a book you should read. Soooo stressful!!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

You don't have to chnge your style too much. Try dark jeans, kinda crispy 9whatever that means, I'm not the fashion expert my little sister is) and a nice shirt. Try to match the theme of your book, you know bright colors and floaty tops. A pair of chunky heels makes any outfit no matter how casual suddenly seem that much more formal.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Bright colors sounds good, but I think I'll be wearing walking shorts since it'll be really hot. I think I'll just have to look around. I've been looking online so when I get to the store I know what I'll want, but I was having a bit of trouble...I also like chunky shoes, they make me feel stable.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

hm.......maybe try just a pair of bermuda jean shorts and a nice tank shirt with bright colors, maybe try american eagle or target? if thats a little too young, maybe go for tan shorts and not necessarily wicked bright colors? i dont know, im pretty much throwing anything out there right now :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

hmmm.
I say jean shorts/bermuda a nice tank top (tons at forever 21... i love that place I'm going up to the other city to shop there today, they have great deals!) cow boy boots and a chunky necklace.
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Seriously people, Alice would be so sad if she knew that there hasn't been a post in this thread for over a year.... :rant:

I want to resurrect this thread because I have a huge fashion problem...and I hope I'm not the only one...

okay here is goes...I'm a curvy girl, not overweight really and not a size zero but curves where a woman need curves...now I'm a huge shopaholic...Alice and I would be best shopping buddies...but lately I totally disagree with the designers, they make shirts that look like tents, absolutely no form in it and it will only look good on a size zero girl, besides that all things that should be warm have short sleaves and what should be thin and light to wear is too long...I really have the feeling that they are designing for slim girls only........

sorry about the rant...but I hope to share some ideas...tips...etc...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I didn't even know this thread existed...
marielle wrote:I'm a curvy girl, not overweight really and not a size zero but curves where a woman need curves...now I'm a huge shopaholic...Alice and I would be best shopping buddies...but lately I totally disagree with the designers, they make shirts that look like tents, absolutely no form in it and it will only look good on a size zero girl, besides that all things that should be warm have short sleaves and what should be thin and light to wear is too long...I really have the feeling that they are designing for slim girls only........
I know, right! I'm a little curvier myself (Actually more like slightly overweight. Not that bad but I could lose some pounds, I'm working on it). And I have such a hard time finding the right clothes. Everything I try on doesn't fit or makes me look bigger and shorter. I love the long-summer-dress-trend but I just can't wear them because they make me look extremely short.
I'm also a little heavier in the front, if you know what I mean. And when I find a shirt that fits, it's too tight up there. Or if it fits up there, it's too loose on the bottom. Everything I come across lately seems to be designed for women with no chest at all. I can't wear strapless or those little triangle bikini's or a deep neck line.
But then again, my sister is really tall and slim (she is the polar opposite of me, I'm so jealous) and she has a hard time finding clothes too. The sleeves are always too short for her.
Right now I wear a lot of basic long sleeve shirts with a vest or a nicer looking shirt on top of that.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I add darts to the very large shirts, and they turn out beautifully. Like you, I have curves, but I also have bumps. :lol: Lots of them. However, my body shape is hourglass, so I need something that shows off my waist. My answer is making four simple darts in the hem of the shirt. Two in front and two in back.
Here is a video about how to fit the shirts.