Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Writers Central

Post by oleander »

my characters usually name themselves for me. i don't always agree, but really, i have no choice. if i don't listen to them, they keep me up at night.

;)

for this year's nano i'm going to continue working on something i started two Nanos ago. there's a lot that needs to be done on it.

i had thought about doing something in the fantasy genre because i've only ever tried it once and i did okay...however, i don't know if nano is the time to start experimenting (for me, anyway).
Laura
Wandering Through Town

Post by Laura »

THANK GOODNESS!!! I HAVE FOUND NANOS! I always feel so alone when I talk about nanowrimo because only one of my friends does it! I'm torn between two stories, both of the ideas have been rattling around in my head for a while now. Last year I didn't win nano, but I came up with a great start to a novel I hope to finish sometime. I really wish we could submit previous work, I would love to continue my novel! Last year was my first year and I got burnt out really quick so I'm hoping to pace myself this year and try to stick it out. :mrgreen:
They were perfect, they were beautiful.They met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see.No words. No before.No after. They kissed and it was perfect. It was beautiful. It was everything. It was nothing. -AFI
Laura
Wandering Through Town

Post by Laura »

psugar wrote:I love naming my characters, I normally go to baby naming sites and search something about the character and use that as a name. The names for my short story for English are random for the moment, the protagonist is Lynn, the antagonist is Nate, and my one minor character is a little girl named Greta. I'm stuck at the climax luckily the rough isn't due till Thrusday so I'm okay I will just ask my teacher how I can get my climax altogether.
YES! Baby name sites are awesome for that! I usually search meanings for my characters. I have one character who takes in people and is incredibly generous and dies at the end of my novel while trying to save his little sister. In an ironic symbolic way I had to name him Ambrose, which means immortal. Most of my character names are really symbolic. Usually I just use babynames.com.
They were perfect, they were beautiful.They met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see.No words. No before.No after. They kissed and it was perfect. It was beautiful. It was everything. It was nothing. -AFI
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I received my NaNoWriMo t-shirt in the mail yesterday! It's great--I love brown shirts not to mention i love shirts with numbers on the back. I'm wearing it today.

I'll tell you a funny story about character names--well, not funny ha-ha, but funny-strange.

I have been working on a story i started two nanos ago and one of my main characters is named Silas. I have never met a Silas and had only heard the name a couple of times before. I always really liked it and when the characters were born, he decided his name should be Silas.

Fast-forward two years...i'm finally getting my act together and trying to live a healthy, more active life. I have always been afraid of gyms because I was afraid people would laugh at the fatty sweating on the treadmill. I decided that i needed to go to a gym and made arrangements to work at the gym in exchange for a membership and a trainer (i don't have a lot of money). I was really nervous about it, wondering if i was doing the right thing when all of a sudden the gym owner introduces me to my trainer...his name is SILAS. I knew right then and there that this was a sign and there were good things to come.

I told him last night about the story and now he wants to read it. I told him that I had some major work to do on it, and how i was going to finish it this nano. He'll just have to wait.
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

So have the rest of you NaNoWriMo fiends read the announcement about the prize for the 2007 winners? If not go check your email! Then check out the rest of the info here: https://www.createspace.com/nanowrimo

Talk about one cool and unexpected surprise! Is everyone else going to send their manuscript in for publishing? I have a feeling this will be one heck of an encouragment to people to finish up on time this year too!
Jeminunzi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jeminunzi »

Ahhhh! I decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. I'm both terrified and itching to get going... and i am NOT a writer. I'm going to try to do this during any free time i have at school and on weekends, as i'm trying to balance nano, school, swimming, and work. I'm going to die this month, i'm sure. Oh well. :)
Students working in New Media are bored in the summer, I take banner requests! PM me
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Likeasunburn wrote:So have the rest of you NaNoWriMo fiends read the announcement about the prize for the 2007 winners? If not go check your email! Then check out the rest of the info here: https://www.createspace.com/nanowrimo

Talk about one cool and unexpected surprise! Is everyone else going to send their manuscript in for publishing? I have a feeling this will be one heck of an encouragment to people to finish up on time this year too!
that's insane!!!!!

Nothing i've ever done in nano has been print worthy...i'm hoping that this year it might be. that would be so cool!

i love the 2008 nano shirt!!! i've had so many comments about it.
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

I'm doing NaNo too now! I'm nervous. Lol. I hope I can do... I just got into a musical at my school, and I'm afraid that's where my time is going to go.

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

5 days, the final countdown is on! Everyone stocking up on the caffiene and straight-jackets?

My character finally decided to name himself yesterday morning. I was getting a little worried there for a while.

Good luck everyone! <3.
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

Hey guys! Got a question: As writers, do you ever feel this great sort of pleasure in writing a plot twist you know will just shock the hell out of everyone? :D i did that today and I was just like " :twisted: MWAHAAHA! No one will see THAT coming!"

Ugh, I wish I could do NaNo this year, I've never done it before, but I've already got three writing projects going. :(

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione