Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Writers Central

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Ginnie - Loved the Ragey Rant. Got to be the funniest Robward banner I've ever seen, bar none. I dunno, I've seen good arguments on both sides of the P2P debate, and I've never really had a problem with any "derivative fiction" ... I read a lot of it even before Steph thought of Twilight. The P2P thing sticks in my craw, though. I do appreciate it when authors are honest about changing their material and/or honoring their inspiration, rather than filling off the numbers and pretending its original. And I don't blame any of them, cuz if someone waved $1 million in my face for 2 years of hard writing, I would see advantages for my kids before I saw ethics. Still ... IMO P2P is wrong. Also enjoyed hearing from Angst Goddess as I just recently read (and adored, natch) Wide Awake.

Kayla - That was funny! Nice how they emphasize that the query-agent-publishing process is longer and more emotional than the writing part. I always think of the writing, not the selling, but authors need groceries too.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes, the link Kayla posted reminds me of a quote from Dorothy Parker - 'If you have any friends who aspire to become writers, the second greatest favour you can do them is to present them with copies of The Elements of Style. The first greatest, of course, is to shoot them now, while they're happy.'
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

grrrrrrrrrrr I hate mental mind blocks
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Openhome wrote:I just HAD to share this. I loved it. This is EXACTLY what it feels like to write, edit and query. Someday, I hope to feel the agent thing, and maybe even the published thing.

LOLOL.... that's brilliant!!!

And Crafty-Em... hang in there. :write:
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

VirginiaMay wrote:
Openhome wrote:I just HAD to share this. I loved it. This is EXACTLY what it feels like to write, edit and query. Someday, I hope to feel the agent thing, and maybe even the published thing.

LOLOL.... that's brilliant!!!

And Crafty-Em... hang in there. :write:
Lol I got it out of my system by writing an out take and doing a bit of a change to the names lol.
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

got the mental block sorted now I'm in hell lol I've landed up writing 3 maybe even 5 books/stories at the same time lol
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Okay people. Here's a link to my book trailer. Enjoy!
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

Have now done quiet a bit more work but could do with an opinion it's still a work in process but I am loving it. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8477850/1/T ... Chronicles between writing the story I am actually writing a guide/Personel and buisness profile. (that way people can get a insite into the characters and the 'Voogden' group as a whole like the iseland they own.
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

starting to feel better after being ill. Found my favriout tool ever my blog lol http://glassbug.blog.co.uk/2012/09/22/s ... -14857005/ I've started throwing on extracts like this one cause they scream to be heard. even the one where Jess gets held hostage at gun point is going to be added at some point.
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

Tornado wrote:Okay people. Here's a link to my book trailer. Enjoy!
Awesome trailer, Tornado!!! Loved it. It's been ages since I posted here last. Still trucking on. Just finished a "final" edit of Wolf Prince before I got it over to Harper-Collins Voyager. Don't know what they'll do, but we'll see. I also finished a new rough draft of my sci-fi fantasy werewolf/ vampire screenplay, "Hour of Darkness". I allowed some of my close collegues to read it, and thus far everyone of them have been blown away. I think it is crazy to have people coming up to me, and asking me what is going to happen next, or do see them actually walking around with the script, not because I asked them to, but because the sincerely wanted to know what was going to happen next. Always a good sign, but still a long ways off before anything really comes my way. Shoot the producer and production company are still working on raising the funds to get it made, but alas... At least the story is shapping up into something crazy marvelous. I will also be adapting the the script, as well as its second and third parts into books as well. I fell in love with novel writing. :)

With those two things behind me, I'm looking forward to a writing free week (i haven't had one of those in nearly 6 months). Gonna play with Photoshop, and get my new Ipad all set up.
Again, congrats Tornado, and all... It's really NICE to see other writers getting their dreams finally fulfilled. It's rough, it's tough, it'll drive you crazy sometimes, but at the end of the day, telling wonderful stories is one of the greatest things on earth!