Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Writers Central

Post by Openhome »

Hey guys!
I just wanted to let you know of a writing/critiquing opportunity that a website I work with is offering for free.Fictionista Workshop is an online site that helps writers for free. They are offering a session where writers are grouped together by genre and ability and can share and critique each others works. Here is an excerpt from the website:

Would you like feedback on your writing from fellow writers?

Fictionista Workshop is a volunteer, web-based literary group that specializes in helping authors improve their writing. We are offering several Writing Collectives this spring. The Fictionista Writer Collectives feature small groups of authors working together to help each other grow as writers and better each other’s work.

For the Writing Collectives, we are accepting a limited number of authors whose manuscripts are over fifty percent complete. If you can invest an hour a week in a meeting, and two or more hours reading the work of fellow collective members these collectives might be for you.

And the best part is, it costs nothing more than your time.

If the Writing Collectives sound like a good fit for you, please apply at the following address:

http://www.fictionistaworkshop.com/coll ... tion-form/

If you want information about Fictionista Workshop collectives, please visit our website, here:

http://www.fictionistaworkshop.com/category/workshop

After registration, you will receive further details via email.

We hope to hear from you soon!

I personally worked in setting up the collectives, and so long as a writer has a novel length manuscript that is 50% or more complete, we would love for them to apply.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Just an update on my novel:

My publisher has read my book.
She likes it.
However ...
At the moment she has three people offering her different fantasy series. I think mine is the only one that is actually science fiction, but she is looking at all of them. She is favouring mine and one other over the third, but the other contender has a bit more Christian stuff in it (my publisher is primarily a Christian publisher, so I understand that), so she's leaning towards it. However, that series also has eight books in it, rather than just three, like mine.
So she's not sure. Even committing to mine is a big ask, as she will be committing to three books, not one. She has asked me to fix book two up properly. She also wants a synopsis on both of the other books. This will allow her to be sure that the books go to places that she is comfortable with. After all, what's the point in publishing number one if you don't like two or three?
She was happy to hear that I had rough drafts of both books already done. She did say though, that it's quite possible that, if she does do the series, books two and three may be published as quickly as six months after each other, and probably no more than a year after each other. That's another reason why she wants to see book two in good order, because it will probably need to be up to speed as soon as book one is out, as we will have to get cracking with it straight away.
Now, she is still not saying anything definite. She also wants some feedback on the stories from someone besides herself, so the other author and I are going to edit and review each other's books. I'm not keen on this, as I am afraid I will be hard on her (and vice versa) but I know she will publish both of them if she can. She wants to. It just depends on a lot of things.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

I know you must be terribly frustrated with it all, Tornado, but honestly, you've gone further than many others I know. I'm really proud of you for keeping up with your dream and working so very hard on things. Good luck and God bless as you work through it all. Keep believing in your story and yourself!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Thanks! It has been frustrating, but I hope good things will come of it.
Selom
Settled in Forks

Post by Selom »

Hi, Twilighters!
I recently posted the first few pages of a supernatural story of mine I thought the Twilight community would like: http://www.scribd.com/doc/92552596/Scimitar-Wind
I call it Scimitar Wind. It’s part historical fiction, part fantasy, part supernatural/paranormal. It’s not quite the typical example of any one of those genres. Very little is known for certain about the period of history it is set in. All we have is a few documents. Those documents make some extraordinary claims about what happened in this period. The stories in those documents are what Scimitar Wind is based on.
I am thinking about posting more of the story online for the Twilighters and other online communities to enjoy. Tell me what you think about it. Do you want me to post another chapter?
Peace,
Selom
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Just thought I'd give you an update on what it happening with my book. I'm still trying to get my publisher friend to agree to publish it, and she wants me to try and get a platform together. In case you don't know, a platform is a group of people who support you and intend to buy the book when it comes out. With that in mind, I have created an author's page on Facebook for myself. I will put the link here in case any of you are interested in 'liking' it.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to post a link to my first Twilight fanfiction. It's here if you're interested in reading it.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Tornado wrote:Sorry to double post, but I wanted to post a link to my first Twilight fanfiction. It's here if you're interested in reading it.
This is very belated, but congrats, Lynne! I'm so glad you joined us here. :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Thanks, Ginnie. That's sweet! :)

For those who follow the Writers Central thread, my YA sci-fi romance novel, The Heir, has been accepted for publication!!!!!!! It should be published in August/September 2013. You can visit my Facebook author page here and I am on twitter @TheHeirNovel
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

YAAAAAAYY!