Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Writers Central

Post by Tornado »

You're certainly telling the truth there, Alphan. It's been a long road with plenty of criticism along the way. But I believe it's made the book better, so that's a good thing. The screenplay sounds good!
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

Thanks for the support Tornado. Writing is a hard job, no matter what people think or believe, but the rewards far outway the negative stuff!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Being surrounded by so many writers is making me want to write again too..it's been far too long, with the exception of school papers.

How did you all get started, besides reading books that inspire you?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

For many of us, writing was an important part of our youth. I lost it when school and family took precedence. Fanfiction helped me to re-discover my love of writing.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I wrote my first book when I was eight. It was called Goldie the Pony, and was pretty much copied from a book I had at the time. My father, who is a writer, always encouraged us to write, but I didn't need much encouragement. Stories were in my head 24/7, although I had trouble taking them through to a conclusion and I originally didn't have the patience to write much down. Then I started novelising a couple of movies I liked and some episodes of a TV show I liked. Gradually, I got better at it.
It the nineties some friends at work encouraged me to write down my stories and I wrote my first full length story, A Matter of Trust. Sadly, it isn't publishable. Then I went on to another one and I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I don't think it will ever be good enough to make it either. Then I wrote another called How Far Forgive? which may be salvagable, although I never even finished writing the first draft, as that's when my husband came into my life. I've got the ending in my head, though.
Then I started working for a small newspaper and writing became work for a while. It wasn't until I gave that up in 2004 that I novelised another TV show episode, then another, which led to me writing a screenplay. I tried to market my screenplay and I have been told that it is well written but not commerically viable, so currently I am holding it in case things change.
Then I wrote The Heir, which came to me very quickly. I wrote it, two sequels and a companion book to the series within a year. I tried to market it, then started working for a small publisher. I didn't even know she published YA books until after I started working for her. She gave my manuscript to her editors. Four painful edits later, I am giving it a last polish up before we start typsetting it and we are looking at cover options. It will be published in about September next year.
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

Well I FINALLy finished my epic werewolf/ vampire epic "Hour of Darkness" script. The "final" page tally for the screenplay stands at 123 pages, of which isn't too bad, considering the "ruff" (oh pun) draft ended at 135 pages, of which is way too large for a spec script. I've been working on various incarnations of this script since 2003, and have rewritten it at least 11 times. This latest incarnation is by far the best though.

The Logline: "A social outcast teams up with a pack of werewolves in order to protect the girl he loves from a race of vampires who wish to steal her soul in order to resurrect their dark lord."

It has action, romance, and tons of emotion...

I'm working on a killer synopsis at the moment, and then I will start pitching it around.

My music inspiration track list:

Follow Me - The Muse
Till Kingdom Come - Cold Play
Always - Lara Fabian
Brave - Leona Lewis
Run - Snow Patrol
Goodnight, Travel Well - The Killers
Battle for the Sun - Placebo
Lift - Poets of the Fall

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Woohoo! That sounds great, Alphan!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sorry to double post, but I thought everyone might like to see the proposed cover for my book. Comments are welcomed.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

COOL!!!!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Does that mean you like it?