Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Re: Writers Central

Post by Likeasunburn »

I went ahead and put up my teaser synopsis. I refuse to procrastinate this go round!

...so far. :p
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

This is me: http://www.nanowrimo.org/nl/user/207366

:D

And I really hope I can do better then last year. But that was quit of a bad chose to do it then the first time since it was just when I moved. Sincerly hope I can keep the discipline this year, which is my main struggle in writing.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Vampyr Reborn
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampyr Reborn »

Last edited by Vampyr Reborn on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Hmm. I like writing in all genres, or else I get bored, but I'd have to say if I had to chose one, fantasy. Doing ordinary stuff all the time can get boring.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Likeasunburn

Post by Likeasunburn »

Grah! I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE trying to name new characters. This is way too much pressure!
Marcy
Lexicon Crisis Evacutation Coordinator

Post by Marcy »

Ah, naming new characters is my favorite part. I have way more names than I will ever ever be able to use. Ever.

I'm doing NaNo again this year, after having so much fun (wait...did I say fun, I meant stress) with it last year.

I've actually plotted the thing out (gasp) and have started writing character profiles and whatnot to go along with the story.

As for the question of what genre I would write it, I'm an urban fantasy girl all the way.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I love naming my characters, I normally go to baby naming sites and search something about the character and use that as a name. The names for my short story for English are random for the moment, the protagonist is Lynn, the antagonist is Nate, and my one minor character is a little girl named Greta. I'm stuck at the climax luckily the rough isn't due till Thrusday so I'm okay I will just ask my teacher how I can get my climax altogether.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

I'm part of a really cool teen writing website that everyone should join. It's really fun. It's our refugee site after our HarperTeenFanLit Site shut down. My username is storytellaprincess there. Let me know if you join!

http://inkspill.proboards83.com/index.cgi

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
Likeasunburn

Post by Likeasunburn »

See I'm the oddball. Baby-naming sites don't usually work for me (with the exception of once but even then, the next statement applies) my names, places, details have to come all the sudden in random odd moments or not at all. If I try to look something up, research, and force myself to find one, I'll without a doubt hate it. It's not uncommon for me to be half way into and done with a story before I finally add in names.

I've got my NaNo project pretty well mapped out and about 15 pages of notes and outlines written (heh and a 16 song playlist)... but no main character name. Let's hope the next week is somehow inspiring.

:|
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I have finished my short story and tommorow is turn in. We had one last peer editing thing today and my person said it was perfect. Yay! But that also means I have no peer editing sheet(the last one said it was perfect too) to turn in so I'm going to give my mom the english major a whack at it(which she has been dying to do since day 1 of the whole thing) she ought to be able to do it. Guess what my antagonists name is, Jacob(I hate Jacob you all know), one of my Twilight buddies was the peer editor and this is what she said.
She: There was one thing I noticed about your story. The antagonists name is Jacob.
Me: Just expressing my hate of Jacob Black.
She: Is that his last name too?
Me: I didn't do many last names except Lorek but sure.

I love my title since I end the story like this. "'Friends.' I shook his hand." I have called it Friends and I can't think of any other title like that.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!