Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Writers Central

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

AmandaBeth: Congratulations! Squee! Good luck!

Tornado: :clap: :clap: Such great news, honey! Sign me up for a copy! And maybe one to gift my teacher-niece!

Openhome: Yes. Yuck. I dunno, though, maybe it's just my personal feelings about violating my code of ethical conduct. :roll:

MissP: Congratulations on your progress and your plot bunny! The reader-me is very fond of plot bunnies and yours sounds cute.

The writer-me needs a bit of help. I came back from a recent Lexicon trip all charged to re-tackle my current fic, a canon EPOV off-stage moment from Eclipse, but I'm having trouble. I think that part of it is needing to review *ahem* unpublished genuine EPOV material to get the voice back, but another part is that I'm kind of nervous because I see the part I'm working on right now as a key scene that I want to get right. What do y'all do to get past this kind of writer's block?
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

SBT - as someone who has worked as a writer professionally (this means I have had to write whether I felt like it or not!) the best advice I ever received was this: if you don't feel like writing, or don't know how to start, sit down and start writing anyway, even if what you write is absolute rubbish. Eventually, as you get into the story, the flow will become apparent to you, and you'll see its direction. Once you have established that you can go back to the beginning and fix it up. This helped on many occasions when I was trying to write.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

No magic wand then? Dang it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote: On the topic of my book, it is finished. 82,000+ words. I've written my first query draft and getting feedback on it while also doing the first round of edits on the manuscript. I hope within the next month or so I'll be sending my letter out to agents! Squeal!!

I have to say, fanfiction was probably the best thing for me to ever find. Writing my two Twilight fics made me a much much better writer than I ever could have been. I learned so much. Sometimes I want to go back to LAF and rewrite a large part of it because I don't think it's to par anymore :lol:
I just saw this, Amanda Beth, and wanted to say congrats on finishing. Any update on the queries?? Best of luck to you. :)
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

This thread has been way too quiet, so just picture me tip-toeing up to the nearest hornet's nest and kicking it.

Angst Goddess
has popped her head out from where-ever she's been and put in her two cents on the recent rash of popular fanfictions turned bestsellers. Feel free to read it & talk amongst yourselves. ;-)

http://www.angellawson.com/ragey-rant-a ... ts-not-me/

crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

Hello everyone

I've just started writing my first lengthy fanfic/story.
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

My greatest advantage is a programme called inspiration I just write non stop chapter after chapter and then can click close to close each chapter down one at a time so it makes each chapter an individual item lol
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

That's sounds good for use at fanfic sites!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I just HAD to share this. I loved it. This is EXACTLY what it feels like to write, edit and query. Someday, I hope to feel the agent thing, and maybe even the published thing.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

That's pretty much my experience, except the agent thing never worked out.