Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by una »

Yes, but as things went on after Ash's book, it seemed like it was inevitable that he would succumb to the darkness that is his inner demon. Also it seemed he would never reconcile with Ash, who really should be a good friend, they are in a similar boat in many ways. But it appears even until the last book so far that Nick wants to kill Ash to avenge his mother.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

una-I have hope that something occurs to heal Nick and Ash's friendship!

Can we discuss Infinity? I'd really like to know what you all thought about it

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:Yes, but as things went on after Ash's book, it seemed like it was inevitable that he would succumb to the darkness that is his inner demon. Also it seemed he would never reconcile with Ash, who really should be a good friend, they are in a similar boat in many ways. But it appears even until the last book so far that Nick wants to kill Ash to avenge his mother.
That's interesting. I think that there's always a little voice of humanity that centers around Nick, which he got from his mother. I really hope that Nick and Ash reconcile, but I think it's going to take this whole chronicle for him to really understand his mother's death and how he comes to terms with his own power.

Fan: I loved Infinity. The zombies angle was a bit weird and seemed a little out of place, but I loved Bubba and Mark. They were hysterical. The only thing that I didn't understand is how is Nick able to go back in time?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Are we spoiler free on this yet? Has it been two weeks since the release date?
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Yep, I think it's been more than 2 weeks. The book came out on May 25, 2010! I just looked it up on Barnes and Noble.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
una

Post by una »

Ha! I'm so behind. I am not surprised that "Ambrose" can do that since I believe Ash can travel between times or is that just...grrrrr, what is the head guru of the were-hunters (surfer dude)??? I just see Ambrose being what happens to Nick IF we don't have the Chronicles of Nick series...if that makes sense.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:grrrrr, what is the head guru of the were-hunters (surfer dude)??? I just see Ambrose being what happens to Nick IF we don't have the Chronicles of Nick series...if that makes sense.
I think you're talking about Savitar, Una. I didn't know if Ambrose had that power or if he struck up a deal with Artie (Gods, how I hate her!). I think it was the end of Ash's book where Artie and Nick were together outside of Ash's wedding reception and talking, right? BUT if he does have the power like Ash, then that would make him a god too? I'm still trying to sort out the whole Malachai thing.
una

Post by una »

I'm starting to wonder...do you recall that Ambrose said he could use Artie's powers? I think because he feeds from her, he absorbs some of her powers....could be part of him being the Malachai and/or the blood bond thing. Since you know Artie NEEDS blood to live so they must now be a paired due to mutual need for blood.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

*Shudders* I really hope he doesn't feed from Artie. He already has gotten his visual powers from Stryker. I can't imagine what more horrific would it be than to be feeding from Artie. You do raise a good question, though, since Ash is mated with Tory how does Artie feed? I don't think Kenyon explained that yet. Well, it seems that he got the Malaxhai powers from his father, who is demon, at least the father that he and we know. Except there was that cliffhanger at the end of Jericho's book where a dream hunter knew who his real father is. Gah! I'm already getting a headache trying to sort this all out. LOL!
una

Post by una »

I still think that Artie and Nick are feeding from each other. It just makes a lot of sense. Strange, now Nick and Ash have even more in common...maybe being a "slave" to Artie would help Nick soften a bit to Ash?