Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by cullengirl »

Don't worry about the double posting, Fan. A new day for a new post. :)

As for your questions:

1. Yes, I believe that's all that we know about Nick's powers. He is some how able to time travel, but not sure how. I believe he is feeding from Artemis. He does share sight with Stryker, which he tries to avoid when it comes to the DHs.

2. I think Cael is the one one who died. Cael was killed in Rayvn's book (The Darkside of the Moon), but then was brought back as something else. I believe Amaranda fed him her blood thinking as a last resort, which changed something in him. We don't know if he turns 100% Daimon or what. The last thing I remember is that the couple was on the run and maye Ash knew about it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I thought the blood Cael got was by mistake but it saved him anyway. They aren't sure what the effect would be but he is alive and they ran to be together. Of course, I'm sure Ash may know all of this but maybe not..

Goodness, I have to check....I'm 29th on the waiting list and only have the libraries that share have it in...the rest still show it as "On Order". *Sigh* I will read it soon...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Anyone read No Mercy yet? I finally got it from the library today and started it. It's fairly small and easy to read so I *should* have it done in the next couple days (stupid work!) So, it's actually been 3 weeks since the release and so that means discussion can start... anyone?
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm ready to discuss it! But was waiting for permission...or more readers to be ready also...

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

If a good number of you have read it, go for it. I'm still waiting for a copy from the library.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Fan: I'm racing through the book and will finish either today or tomorrow... So I will be ready to chat soon. I'm on page 200 and think I've figured out something major... We'll see!!
una

Post by una »

Is it good? Are we finally moving forward?
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I've finished No Mercy. Twimom, I hope you're enjoying it!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I have finished, as well.... I say let's discuss! It's been over 3 weeks.

I've written all of my notes and will be writing my review for my blog over the weekend, but my initial thoughts... Pretty good. I blazed through the first half, but then the second half started to slow down. This book didn't feature as much of the "new complex world" that we saw in the books just after Ash's book, and I liked that. I was a bit disappointed in some of the plot - there was too much "been there done that" for key story lines - like the fact that Sam reads emotions but Dev is her safe haven (hmmm... we haven't had much of that one!) and then the whole "break up." You know... "We can't be together so I'm going to pretend I don't care and lie" - that is so cliche and I expect more from Kenyon. With that said... still an enjoyable story. The front half much stronger and sexier than the back half.

What did you all think?
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

twilightmom- I have to agree with you on, well, everything you said :) I did see the cliches and it did make me roll my eyes a bit. I don't think we ever really did see why Dev was her "blank" spot when she could read everyone and everything else. Maybe just cause he was her mate? I guess... Interesting to see that Nick has almost completely taken over Ash's previous role with Artie. She really beat him to get Sam's soul?? I thought that just came from her anger at Ash for everything in their shared past, but apparently she's just really sick and twisted?? And since she's feeding from Nick now, does she know what he is? What did you all think of the re-emergence of Cael and Amaranda? I had almost completely forgotten about them. Is their showing up a sign they are about to play a much larger role in the story line? Ok, so much more to say but I have to get some work done. More later!

Thank you Naureen!!