Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by Kymberli »

To the Ladies that have read Zarek's book, I have a burning question I need answered. Please pm me.
I finished Talon's book this afternoon and I won't be getting Z's book until Weds at the earliest and and Friday at the latest> I can't wait that long. The end of Talon's book left a lot of questions for me. If I have to wait until Friday, I know that my brain will turn to mush.

Julian's book was ok. The smut is better than in BDB, but I understand why we had to have Julian's story first.

Kyrian..that man is amazing...it is a shame these guys aren't real. What his "wife" did it him, I wish I could get my hands on her for all that.

Talon...is a hoot, He makes me think of Rhage but in a more mature way. but the end of his book leaves me with so many questions I am going insane with theories!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I'm smack dab in the middle of Ravyn's book and my head is gonna explode. There's so much action. It's very dark. At this point I can't see how there will be a HEA. I LOVE THIS!! I love the anticipation. I don't even want to know, Di, so please don't tell me. I have to say that Di is really good at not spoiling. THANK YOU!! I want to hurry with Ravyn so I can find out what happens. On the other hand, I don't want to finish because that leaves me with fewer DH books to read.

SuperTwin: I hadn't considered that the hunters and their mates meet through another individual, but that's true. It is always through an act of magick as well. Hmm...are they all puppets? Is someone manipulating the hunters and their mates so that they will meet? Is someone planning to remove all of the heifer goddess' hunters? I need to write down my theories before my head goes KA-POW!

*sigh* I love Dark-Hunters. I just noticed there should always be a hyphen between dark and hunter.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:SuperTwin: I hadn't considered that the hunters and their mates meet through another individual, but that's true. It is always through an act of magick as well. Hmm...are they all puppets? Is someone manipulating the hunters and their mates so that they will meet? Is someone planning to remove all of the heifer goddess' hunters? I need to write down my theories before my head goes KA-POW!
No, don't just write them down, PM them or send them to me...through our SuperTwin Psychic bond...the SPB...in fact that could be why I have similar suspicions running through MY head! :twisted:

Oh...I can't wait to read the next book, Valerius! I checked the mail twice today. I'm currently reading an anthogology where the first story is :| ...eh. Yeah...SO missing my dark-hunter hotties.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Grr.. I'm still kicking myself in not getting Vane's book in print. For some unknown reason, I skipped his book and took out Valerius book. I guess I'll have to put Valerius on hold until I get Vane's book this weekend.

GNE: That's my favorite scene from Talon's book. And her washing his clothes...lmao...oh my!

Now that you mention it, Wulf's book is very much like Breaking Dawn. Di and myself were very surprised that I didn't cry once in Wulf's book. I guess his story didn't seem as sad when compared to Kyrian, Talon or Zareck. hope we get a novel with Christopher. He cracked me up several times in the book.

I was trying to get myself to sleep and had really weird half dreams. One that I remember was of me having Simi in my sweater pocket. I have no clue where she came from, but I didn't see Ash. :roll: It's so hard to choose which DH to love. I think I'll have to read more to really connect to one and then decide I want them all! :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I haven't finished all the books yet, but I thought GNE said Stryker gets a book. Does he turn good guy at some point? Can we actually root for him after all he's done? DH was all I could think of when the anesthesiologst walked into the room today and introduced himself as Dr. Stryker. I didn't know if it was a good omen or a bad one?! The surgery did go well, although LG took longer than usual to really wake up and vomited about three times. Then again, he was under longer this time.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I've kind of strayed way from posting here (since my first post, saying how Julian's book didn't do anything for me) but I needed to get it out. I just finished Talon's book and it was such a roller coaster ride that I've ever been on but like BDB, I expected it. No matter, I'm lovin' the ride.

While I love the Brothers, these guys are so.........I don't know how to put it in words. They are more "romantic" in my opinion. Maybe it has something to do with the Greek/Roman gods but they are totally different but yet somewhat the same as the BDB boys. Maybe it's the raw physical urge that they both share but these guys seem to be somewhat more "emotional" in there first attachement then the Brothers (I don't know if I phrased that right). The Brother's seem more "physical" in the first meetings whereas the DH's seem to be more "emotional" (if that makes sense).

At the beginning, I was wondering if I jumped too soon into another series of Vamp "smuttiness" but now I'm glad I did. I'm loving these guys atleast the ones I met so far.

I'm just putting it out there the Kyrian is my fav so far but I'm developing a soft spot for a couple of others.

Just a story to share: When I was trying to track down Kyrian's book, I happened across this lady and she asked me if I had read Ash's book yet and I informed her that I just started reading the books the day before. Well she said, "You need to hurry up and read the others and get to Ash." I asked why and she said, "It was the best of the whole series and he was.........." She left it at that and continued on with her phone conversation. Which I think some of will agree upon.

Now, if that's the best I just wonder what the others have in store because I'm loving them all so far. I've cried, cursed and have been shocked stupid by these books, so what else is in store, I can only imagine.

Sorry for my ramblings but Kymberli, Lynzeee and I have been texting each other constantly about these books so I also needed to get it out to my "Gutter/Gen X" mates.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I really don't have anything to add, but I do want to say kudos to Skylar. That was an articulate and helpful post. Not that you haven't done it before, but I think great posts should be recognized. *Applauds*

Kyrian is also my favorite. I agree with you, Sky, that there seems to be more of an emotional link at first than just a physical one. Our dark-hunters aren't too proud to let their females kick a little booty either. Can you imagine Zsadist LETTING Bella go out with him to hunt lessers? Or Marissa or Beth? No way.

I like that the DH females aren't treated like breakable possessions. This is what I loved about Midnight Breed, too. DH pushes it even more.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Gne - thank you for the kudos. Sometimes, I feel that I'm rambling and I'm the only one on the planet that can comprehend what I say. I'm so glad you got the point that I was trying to convey.

I like these women that the Dark Hunters bond/mate with, with aren't your typical "Playboy Playmates" (like someone else pointed out - maybe UNA, sorry if I got it wrong).

I think it makes the "fuller figure" gals or those who are less toned and gives us a hope that we can be the object of someones desires. I also like how all the women this series so far are differet and how they embraced who they are and let it shine.

So far these books have been mainly centered around the men but also they have really strong female characters who know what they want and will do anything to obtain it (not loving Aremetis, she's not someone I'm considering right now, in my female clan). I think these women that I've met so far could rival the BDB shellans but the love is all still the same but are willing to go out and kick the "shiznat" out anyone who messes with their man.

ETA: I just realized that I like how the women are in control of these guys futues. They are they ones who hold the key to making them human again and getting through the agony of getting their souls back.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Just hold on....you will meet some female dark-hunters who kick booty. You'll also meet a couple of females who are just as tough as their dark-hunter males. I don't include Artemis in my world either. Poor Ash.

Keep on reading!! I'm still halfway through book 10 (Ravyn), and I'm loving it. The rules keep changing. I'm in knots thinking about it.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Gah! I finished this first story in the anthology...have you ever read a story that had the climax of a paint drying? I'm sorry it doesn't make sense, but goodness. I have the next story to read, if the next one is just as bad...I'm quitting the book and giving it a 1. But then it won't count in the 50 book challenge! Grrrr!! I really, really, really miss my DH boys and girls.

I agree, Skylar the points you made were spot-on! I love how the females are so much more realistic. The romances are more emotional than just physical. The females free the men just as much as in some couples the males free the females. There is more give and take, trust and flexibility. The partnership is what I love most, the characters are not simple, but have their own twists and turns. I love Simi and Ash's interactions and I cannot wait to throttle Artie. :twisted: The world is more global as well - the characters don't just go off into the sunset with their HEAs, they are still there working with the others. I better stop here before I start spouting off theories!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!