Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by LadyDi »

Now now, don't go dissin' ol' Artie there, just because Simi wants to eat the heifer goddess on a regular basis! ;)
I'm not just defending her because, long long ago when the Internet was first new, my screen name and secret identity was Artemis. I considered using Artemis as my Lex name, but with the creation of Artemis Fowl (an evil boy genius), I thought too many people would misinterpret it.
I have a prediction, but I can't share it because it would be a spoiler, especially if it were true.
Ash's book (soon to be Nena's possession once I get my act together) is sitting, waiting patiently in my drawer. However, I need to read Dream Chaser and MB's Veil of Midnight first. However, there are things getting in the way of my reading - like work, and sleep.
One big difference I notice between BDB and DH - the BDB boys are sexy smooth shaven, whereas the DH men are often described as having a sexily scruffy day's growth of beard (to paraphrase Red Riding Hood's wolf, all the better to ... my dear!) :twisted:
The other points about the females are well noted and totally true.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

The BDB boys do have facial hair, but I have to say, I'm partial to the smooth bodies. mmmmm....smooth and lickable like ice cream. :twisted:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

You right, the DH boys seem to have a little more hair on their bodies versus the baby smooth, hair-free bodies of the BDB males.

LadyDi I mean no offense to Artie, except that her over the top selfish and childish nature really burns me. It's truly grating on my nerves the way she "plays" with Ash. I'm in full support of Simi getting a heifer goddess BBQ snack! I'll even bring the BBQ sauce! :twisted:

Okay, here is an interesting comparison. The SV from BDB seems selfish but aloof while in the DH realm the gods seem selfish/childish and LOVE to mettle in things. However in the current age, the gods just play and seem to only mess with the DH and other "otherworldlies" leaving the mass of humans alone? I find that odd, don't' they want to be worshiped again? I know the SV would like to have the rituals and more prayers to her.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

skylar- You're right on with the differences between the BDB boys and the DH warriors. I think one major difference is that many (from what the few that I read) have either been mated in one sense or the other. In addition to that, they have lived a lot longer than the BDB boys and have a lot of baking times but nothing that's been special. So when they meet their HEA, they know it's unique.

Una- The gods have always been known to meddle in the human world and be selfish. They aren't worshipped in the sense of the SV and rituals, but they are worshipped and called upon when their conflict needs to be resolved. I love how Artie isn't a clear cut character. None of the gods are; they're very unpredictable.

N'mama- Less manscaping is a good thing! :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

CG & Nima asked on another thread when can the Fury short story in Dead After Dark be read. It should be read after One Silent Night.

Earlier this evening I edited my first post on the first page of this thread. I am trying to make the reading list easier to comprehend. I also mentioned that the Dream Hunter books should be read along with the Dark-Hunter books.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

una wrote: I mean no offense to Artie, except that her over the top selfish and childish nature really burns me. It's truly grating on my nerves the way she "plays" with Ash. I'm in full support of Simi getting a heifer goddess BBQ snack! I'll even bring the BBQ sauce! :twisted:
I second that motion. I truly hope at one point that Simi and Artie get to have a good cat fight over Ash :twisted:

I just finished Zarek's book and I am totally in LOVE!!! His story touched me so much!! Each of the books keeps getting better and better. I do like the relationship tend to be more emotional than in BDB. I agree that I like that women seem more real. These aren't size 0 women. These women have curves, they aren't perfect. Nobody is truly perfect and maybe that is why I like the stories so much.

I thought that the SV was a :evil: in BDB, but she doesn't have anything on Artie. Sometimes I just want to reach into the book and choke her. The way that she pushes Ash. I can't wait until I get to his book. That is going to be some book. With each new book you get a little more information about him. I love how Simi talked about him in Zarek's book. The way that she went on and on and on about Ash. I really loved that she has a credit card. Plus she wanted to know if they got QVC. Almost fell off the sofa on that one.

Well I must head back to work....I would be reading, but Lynz has put me on hold until tomorrow so that she can catch up. It is a good thing I love my Twinnie, not much can make me take a break from reading. :lol:
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Kymberli wrote:I can't wait until I get to his book. That is going to be some book.
I just picked it up from the library with the rest of the DH books I haven't read yet. Ash's book (in hardback) is 722 pages. *sqee!*
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

722 pages! :shock: I know that I need to read them in order but I really want to know more about Ash. I was thinking about something I read in Zarek's book. Spawn is a Dark-Hunter that is Daimon or part Daimon??? Is that right. I looked and I don't see where he has a book of his own. Is he explained in later books? How is it possible? It just struck him as odd. Am I totally off base here?
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Has everyone read Zarek's book? So far we're only discussing the first three (Julian, Kyrian, & Talon) because I wanted to make sure we don't spoil. Please don't discuss anything concerning any book after Zarek's. However, I think it is "safe" to discuss Zarek now.

I enjoyed Zarek's book a lot. It was different. I was telling Lynz in a PM that some of the books have a similar feel while other books have another similar feel. Am I making sense? I would say more, but I'm afraid of spoiling. For those who have read up to Ravyn - Kyrian, Talon, & Valerius feel similar, while Wulf and Ravyn feel the same. Wren fits in the middle between them. Di needs to make me a diagram. ;)

As for Spawn, CG had the same question. I'm in limbo between books 10 and 11 (Wren and Ravyn, respectively). As of right now, I haven't seen Spawn anywhere. That doesn't mean he won't get his own book later or that he isn't in the short stories. There are more books coming. Ash's isn't the final book.

One Silent Night is Stryker's, and it was released 2 months ago. The Dream Warrior will be released this Spring.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

*lalala* still plugging ears b/c I'm only on Kyrian... BUT I have to share my funny library story with you all...

I think I've mentioned to some of you that my library doesn't carry "smut." At least not BDB or P/C... So I happened to check if any DH was there (I always check, just in case). And, to my surprise, they did have the most current 3 books, but none of the older ones. So, I put in an inter-library request to see if any other library had the earlier ones (the lady didn't know at the time if anyone did). The staff at our library is mostly crotchey older women... Anyhow Today I get a call from the library "We have a book you requested from inter-library loan" I ask which one "It's Night Pleasures" (I silently squeel). The woman then said "Yeah, and the guy on the cover has great abs!" I laughed so hard and told her she made my day! She clearly isn't the normal person who makes these calls! So now I'm reading Kyrian in paperback instead of computer. But I still appreciate the ebooks, CG... Hopefully the library will find more for me!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!