Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Post by navarre »

Bewitched wrote:Hi everyone. I wish spring would settle on a temp here. It's cold this morning. I started cleaning the garage two days ago when it got up to 65 but it got raining and cold and now my car is sitting in the driveway.

I went out to the community college yesterday and I don't think the advisor heard a word i said. He thinks I sould get an associate in Business but really, since my credit from when I graduated in 93 won't transfer over, I'll have to take all the gen classes again. How dumb. I've only been in the workforce for 20 some odd years. So I've been thinking, maybe I'll just take some online classes and use them as review so I can get a better job.

Tonight I'm taking my daughter and 3 of her friend to Hannah Montana. She turned 12 yesterday. i hope I have at least 4 more years before she turns into one big raging hormone. :lol:

Anyone got big plans for Easter? We are going to my in-laws. Should be fun.
Can you test out from any of the general courses? You might be able to. As far as Easter, My daughter and granddaughter are already in town and my son-in-law will be up tonight. We will have an Easter Lunch Sunday and then they will go home.
My granddaughter has been on the hospital since Monday and finally was released yesterday. She had E-Coli in her bladder and kidneys. She is 5 months old. After work, I've been going to the hospital and staying with Renee'(my daughter).
She was in bad shape there for awhile, but they finally got it under control and she was released yesterday.
My kid is exhausted and now Marley(my granddaughter) is back to her sqealing self again. A nice sound to hear. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Oh Navarre, I'm so glad your granddaughter is feeling better. So little to have to spend time in the hostpital with that. Not that any age is good. It's nice to have family together at Easter. Have a good weekend.
navarre

Post by navarre »

Bewitched wrote:Oh Navarre, I'm so glad your granddaughter is feeling better. So little to have to spend time in the hostpital with that. Not that any age is good. It's nice to have family together at Easter. Have a good weekend.
You too!!! And thanks. :)
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Hi, I to hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. My husband is not going to be home and we have talked about meeting him in Vegas or SLC where all of my family is. My daughter won't be home from a snowboard trip until tonight and driving all the way to either place to turn around and head back the next day is just too much. he weather is not very nice here either with rain in sunny southern California. I'm a bit depressed today and have been the last couple. I haven't felt well and it tends to add to the depression. I'm going to pull myself out of it though.

Navaree-Sorry to hear about your granddaughters illness I hope she recovers fully and quickly.

Bewitched- I'm sorry you would have to go through all of the gen ed stuff for school. Wouldn't it be great to get credits for life experience. I would have a PHD in something, maybe things not to do in life. Good luck I hope you find something that makes you feel happy, respected and satisfied. Have fun at Hanna Montana I actually like her. My 12 year old is trying to say she has out grown her but she watches her show every chance she gets.

JoanneMaria- glad to see you checking in. I hope all is well with you. :D

Thanks for your friendship my fellow 40+ Lexiconers may love surround each of you this Holiday weekend.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
navarre

Post by navarre »

Katwomankath wrote:Hi, I to hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. My husband is not going to be home and we have talked about meeting him in Vegas or SLC where all of my family is. My daughter won't be home from a snowboard trip until tonight and driving all the way to either place to turn around and head back the next day is just too much. he weather is not very nice here either with rain in sunny southern California. I'm a bit depressed today and have been the last couple. I haven't felt well and it tends to add to the depression. I'm going to pull myself out of it though.

Navaree-Sorry to hear about your granddaughters illness I hope she recovers fully and quickly.

Bewitched- I'm sorry you would have to go through all of the gen ed stuff for school. Wouldn't it be great to get credits for life experience. I would have a PHD in something, maybe things not to do in life. Good luck I hope you find something that makes you feel happy, respected and satisfied. Have fun at Hanna Montana I actually like her. My 12 year old is trying to say she has out grown her but she watches her show every chance she gets.

JoanneMaria- glad to see you checking in. I hope all is well with you. :D

Thanks for your friendship my fellow 40+ Lexiconers may love surround each of you this Holiday weekend.
Hang in there Kat. My granddaughter is doing much better and is quickly getting back to normal. I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Easter. Take care and don't be a stranger, okay?
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

Spring... a time of new beginnings

I wish you all, all that is wonderful.
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

It is Monday! Yuck. I think it is even a rougher Monday since my kids were off last week. I can't wait for summer vacation.

It was a beautiful day here yesterday. My kids and I all slept in and had a lazy morning and early afternoon. We went to see a movie and then went to dinner at Lucille's BBQ. It was very good.

I spent time visiting 3 different stores trying to find chocolate bunnies. My kids told me they had out grown the Easter egg hunt and I wrongfully interpreted that meant the Easter baskets as well. They were disappointed so I went in search of the evasive chocolate bunnies. I found them at the local CVS pharmacy when every where else I looked was sold out. I felt terrible that they were disappointed. Bad mom. :(

I spoke with my husband 3 different times. It just didn't seem right he wasn't with us for the holiday. All in all it was a nice day though.

It made me think about if the Cullens celebrate holidays or not. I think there was discussions on this subject on threads along time ago but I missed most of it. I was thinking about what they would look forward to in their long lives. Everyone needs things to look forward too don't they?
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
navarre

Post by navarre »

Happy Birthday, JoanneMaria!!!!!
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
navarre

Post by navarre »

JoanneMaria wrote:Image

Okay, that Halloween image is too cool! 8-)