Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Post by Katwomankath »

Happy belated Birthday JoanneMaria! I Hope it was the best one ever.
Sorry I was late I haven't been online for a few days due to dance competitions for my daughter.

I just cut my wedding band off my finger. Ironically it is our 17th wedding anniversary in 3 days. My knuckle have gotten bigger with my arthritis so I could no longer get it on or off so I had to cut it off. Oh well maybe I'll have a whole new ring made out of it.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Katwomankath wrote:Happy belated Birthday JoanneMaria! I Hope it was the best one ever.
Sorry I was late I haven't been online for a few days due to dance competitions for my daughter.

I just cut my wedding band off my finger. Ironically it is our 17th wedding anniversary in 3 days. My knuckle have gotten bigger with my arthritis so I could no longer get it on or off so I had to cut it off. Oh well maybe I'll have a whole new ring made out of it.
There is always a silver lining in all of this, Kat. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

Thank you guys so much!!!
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

Found us. On page two. You all must be as busy as I've been. We've got one graduating and then we're down to two. I didn't realize how much you have to do to get them through this time. We have to get out announcements, plan a party, change the locks. Oh wait I said that last part out loud. :lol: I love my kids but we're counting down the daddy and me time. I want to travel.

Actually I'm planning a camping trip for July. We're trying to stay close to home and you know your in the middle of tornado alley when "storm shelter" is listed as an ammenity for a camp ground. My daughter (12) has already informed us that she will be staying at the nearby hotel with an air conditioner and room service. i have to admit, it sounds good. I prefer camping in the mountains during the summer. My husband hates driving and since the closest mountains are 10 hours away, well, you get my drift.

So, do any of you have summer plans? I just plan to go swimming with the kids as much as I can. I pretty much have to work and I'm so looking forward to that vacation in July.
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Hello-
The APPC Special Events Team is happy to bring you this invitation:

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a253/ ... rected.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: Change of date from July 11 to July 18.

The party will be held here:

http://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewto ... 25&t=1597

To RSVP please compile a list of team member who planto attend and send them to either
Mrs.TeddyBear, TillyWhitlock, Debussygirl, or myself.

~Elizabeth~
Coordinator, APPC Special Events Team
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I am rather new here, so I am going to ask, what is the above post about? Do they do this often? Any answers or even guesses would be wonderful, thanks.
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Hi Everyone! I have been "lurking" on the Lexican discussion boards now for a couple of weeks trying to figure out how this works. My goodness I can not believe all of the different threads! Kinda overwhelming. But it looks like I might "fit" here in the Baby Boomer thread.

Let me indroduce myself. My name is Kay, hence the user name "SweetKay". I live in Thornton, CO part of the Denver metro area. I am single with a 22 yr old son, who is going to school to be a Personal Trainer. I just didn't find myself fitting in to well in the tween, twenty or even thirty something threads. I am a bit more mature then even some of you. HA! I'm 55 and I can not believe how obsessed and overwhelmed that I have become about the Twilight series. Very much took me absoutely by surprise! I still can not believe how I still think about the story so much.

I have read Twilight twice and the rest of the series once. Also I have read what SM has posted on her website on Midnight Sun. I love Edward's POV. Just the extra insight that what is there is just incredible. I intend to go back and re-read all of the books again, but I need to let my feelings settle for a bit before I do.

Did you all also feel so overwhelmed by the Twilight series? At times I feel kinda stupid and I keep telling myself to snap out of it! But here I am intending to post. Oh well, maybe this will help. I can only hope so!

Hope to hear your thoughts.

SweetKay
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Hello SweetKay and welcome! This is a very friendly thread and you are definitely not alone in your age bracket or your obsession here! I a very new as well, but I have found some fun places for the older ones. Try Gutter Guys and Gals in Flight to Phoenix or Heavenly Hash in the same place. I would love to have you pm me if I can be of any more help! My name is Kayla. Hope to hear from you! :D
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

Hi SweetKay, Welcome to the Boomer thread. I too felt "obsessed" by the series when I first read it. I still do. I have to read them with a break between each one just so my hormones don't get all jumpy on me. I read them right after Eclipse came out and was a mess for about a week. So with that being said, you've definitely come to the right place. :D

You can pm me anytime too. I try to check in as much as possible but sometimes I don't always get the email alerts, so just be patient or send me another one. :lol: Right now I"m on count down for #1 son to graduate. 5 days. Yea me!!! i love em but I"m ready for them to jump the nest.

Openhome: I"m not sure what that ad is either. I saw it on the Gutter thread but no one commented on it. Did you ever find out?

Today I took a big girl step. I enroled in a writing class and the instructor offered to critique 10 pages of work that anyone wanted to submit. It was hard to let go of the first 10 pages of my baby but I would love to see it in print someday. Kind of scary too though. Kinda like asking to be punched in the gut. The class starts on the 11th, so I'll let ou know how it goes.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Hi Bewitched!
Congrats on the one kid launched thing. We are two full years from the first of six leaving. :cry:
I never did figure out what that was all about. Maybe I'll pm them.
The class thing is so cool! Where are you doing the class at?
Do you mind sharing what your story is about? I'll understand if you don't.
I do art (painting, drawing, murals, etc...) and critiques are the most wonderful horrible things! So much to be learned, but so much pain. I wish you the best of luck! Keep us all informed.
I am starting the search portion of finding a doctorate program for history, so I know just how big that big-girl step was. Good for you!