Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Post by nissanmama »

I'm a black hole? *sobs* I feel so unloved. I enjoy retail therapy. I have wrinkles that need hiding. Fat that needs losing. Feet that demand trendy shoes. Guess I'll just go sit in the corner now...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I was wondering where this thread went but I was too lazy to look for it. You can't sit in the corner. I think you passed all the not so secret requirements. Besides I'm feeling my boot fetish coming back and may need some advice on which ones to buy. I have to stick to a budget. At least until I don't have to buy shoes for my kids anymore.

Highlights of my life: Age 16: my first kiss, my first love/husband, my first job. Age 26: Getting married (again) but to the right guy. Age 28, 32, 34: My kids were born. Last year, I woke up and decided that i wanted to do something different with my life. Still working on that but at least I feel like I've climbed out from under the rock.

I heard a saying a few months ago about how 60 is the new 40; so I go by the adage that body may be 40+ but the mind and the attitude can be 25. :lol:
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

Nena wrote:I went ahead and edited the tittle of this thread to welcome everyone 40+ y/o. According to wikipedia a baby boomer is:

Baby boomer is a term used to describe a person who was born during the Post-World War II baby boom between 1946 and 1964. Following World War II, several English-speaking countries – the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand – experienced an unusual spike in birth rates, a phenomenon commonly referred to as the baby boom.
I'm certainly in... :roll:
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
NovaAlbion
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by NovaAlbion »

I want to thank all the boomers here. After the Great Hack, there were only three of us for the longest time. And one, changed their name.

nissanmama - you are welcome here. Yes, I know that you are on the boundary, a rather fuzzy one at that. I would like to think that as a boomer, we'd be inclusive rather than exclusive.

I know that, when there was no activity on this thread, I got, not open hostility, but a definite unwelcome from a (very) few of the Gen Xers, for posting on "Their" thread. I am not certain why. After all, there are very few "common" experiences (falling in love, heart break, child bearing/raising, jobs/bosses, weather, geography, social situations and cultural events) that they might have had, that we can't relate to - because we've had them as well.

Sure, some of our tastes may differ and some of our values may slightly different priorities. However, I suspect these, probably slight, differences are more "stage of life" issues that are only loosely related to age and less significant than differences between individuals in their own generational cohort.

Have any of you been less than warmly welcomed? Or am I being overly sensitive?
"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." Sue Kidd Monk, The Secret Life of Bees, Chapter 6

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4332809/1/Out_Of_The_Blue
Persephonie

Post by Persephonie »

I'm 42.... born in 66.... I'm with Mamma.... :D
Persephonie

Post by Persephonie »

btw, I enjoyed reading your Chapter 1 of Out of the Blue!
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

I just made it in, I'm a Baby Boomer born in 1963!

Hi Katwomankath! I've been MIA for quite awhile. Hope all is well with you!

Highlights of my life in decade form:
Teens: Going away to college
Twenties: Solo 3 week bicycling trip through Ireland
Thirties: Getting married (first time) yes, I was a late bloomer :shock:
Forties (so far): Buying my Midlife Crisis car - Mazda Miata (two seater convertible - she's very pretty!!!)
Barnabas
Wandering Through Town

Post by Barnabas »

I just got here. Sorry I'm late - I couldn't find my Geritol :lol: . 47 years old, by the way (in a week-and-a-half or so).
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Happy Halloween Boomers!

I have not been on for a while. I have been dealing with some personal heartache in a variety of different areas of my life and needed some space and time to gather myself together. Also the new dance competition season is getting in gear and costumes and props are on the top of the to do list with a lot of work to do and not much of a light at the end of the tunnel yet. Seems like when it rains it pours.

I miss all of the friends and fun online and hopefully I will be able to jump on more often.

I am sad to see this thread has not been as active as I would have thought it to be in light of the number of people in this age category. I know it is one of the age ranges with the fewest members but those that are in this category are some really great people with a passion for Stephenie Meyers and are interesting fun people.It would be great to see this thread pick up some momentum and have all of the people that fit into this category actually jump on and support it. A support system and a common life experiences thread for this age would be interesting with all of the life experiences that we all have had. 40+ years is a ton of fun experiences just waiting to be told along with wisdom and had to learn the hard way experiences. Lets face it talking about hot flashes and hormone changes at this stage is not the same unless the person you are talking to has experienced it or is at at least in the neighborhood of experiencing it. Some humor on the subject would be good therapy.

On top of that we can all discuss our older children's latest adventures and get to brag about the great things they did or vent about the not so great things and get feed back from others in the same stage of life. It also might be fun for younger people to see all of the amazing things that we have packed into our lives, that we have actually have been there and done what they now are doing.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Yes I know this is a double post but since it has been 4 1/2 months I think everyone will forgive me.

I am hoping there are some new people that would like to join this thread I would love to see it used since I do not fit in the younger threads age guidelines.
It is lonely being an older Twilight Fan on here.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!