Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

jacob-rox-my--sox wrote:question
im reading HP again
and i was trying to figure out
how many students are there at hogwarts??
i calculated round 300
but Jo said in an interview that there about 1000
but theres not a heck of a lot of evidence to back that up

thoights?
There're a lot that aren't mentioned in the books.
zerolover34
Settled in Forks

Post by zerolover34 »

hey everyone i am back first off WHY THE HELL DID THEY MOVE THE MOVIE BACK TO JULY!!! :x sorry i had to get that out of my system i reread harry over the summer :D so how is everyone

Kendra
ElectroCute
Settled in Forks

Post by ElectroCute »

Personally, I think they moved HBP to July so they can make more money. They saw how well Dark Knight did and decided to move. They also say that there will be less of a gap between HBP and DH1 so everyone should be happy, but that's just crap.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

That's total crap! There's no way I'm happy about waiting another 8 extra months until HBP comes out. And, it is about the money. Darn greedy muggles at WB!
luv_edward_cullen

ElectroCute wrote:They also say that there will be less of a gap between HBP and DH1 so everyone should be happy, but that's just crap.
I think they should rethink that 'happy' thing.
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

ElectroCute wrote:Personally, I think they moved HBP to July so they can make more money. They saw how well Dark Knight did and decided to move. They also say that there will be less of a gap between HBP and DH1 so everyone should be happy, but that's just crap.
Alan Horn pretty much spelled that out in the first press statement. A lot of people are really mad just because of the whole money issue, and I have a couple friends who are seriously considering boycotting the movie while it's in theaters. My mom also thinks they were worried about coming up against Twilight. They want HP6 to be top at the box office for a good length of time, not just a week or two. Especially when Eclipse knocked DH off the best seller list.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
luv_edward_cullen

Liv-wa wrote:Especially when Eclipse knocked DH off the best seller list.
Remember, that only happened because Eclipse came out 2 WEEKS after DH. I hate how Twilighters keep gloating about that.

They should stop worrying about competition. The HP fandom is HUGE, no matter what happens they're still gonna make loads of cash.
zerolover34
Settled in Forks

Post by zerolover34 »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:They should stop worrying about competition. The HP fandom is HUGE, no matter what happens they're still gonna make loads of cash.
i know i mean no matter what they do they are going to make tons of money god people today

Kendra
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:They should stop worrying about competition. The HP fandom is HUGE, no matter what happens they're still gonna make loads of cash.
You said it, girl! This whole Twilight vs. HP thing is getting reeeeeeally old and it's been annoying from the beginning. People can talk all the crap they want, but at the end of the day EVERYONE reads Harry Potter and sooooooooo many people read Twilight. Just READ the books and watch the movies and stop with all the drama! The 6th movie thing is just ridiculous. It's even more messed up because they released the teaser trailer. Thanks for giving us a taste and then taking the food away! Sadistic buttheads. :evil:
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
Liv-wa wrote:Especially when Eclipse knocked DH off the best seller list.
Remember, that only happened because Eclipse came out 2 WEEKS after DH. I hate how Twilighters keep gloating about that.

They should stop worrying about competition. The HP fandom is HUGE, no matter what happens they're still gonna make loads of cash.
I know...the original release dates for both movies put Twilight only 3 weeks later than HBP. The gloating is getting pretty pld though about Eclipse.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image