Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

^What!

*steals Nicholle's Beetle the Bard, as she's read the whole thing.*

I like my rank, I just noticed it!
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

HEY! That was my friend's book!!!! Hahaha.... :lol: It was good as I said before, and it had a few illustrations that where interesting.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

That being said, I'm still ashamed to say I STILL haven't read "Tales of Beedle the Bard" :oops: What the heck right? It's just sitting on the shelf. :(
I have to admit that I haven't read my copy yet either and I got it the day it came out.

I've been so wrapped up in reading a couple of other book series that I don't have the time but I'm almost done with those so that may just be in the line up of books that I need to read/re-read.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

The Tales of Beedle the Bard was very interesting and not what I was expecting at all. I liked it, but now its really over and there is no more Harry Potter. I might have to go sit in a corner and cry now. I really liked that JK Rowling donated the proceeds of the book to charity. It says a lot about her in a person, and I appreciate people like that.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

So what was the point of her only making 7 special copies and then going ahead and publishing it anyway?
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

black, thats what i thought
at the begining she was lie..so im gonna do this beetle the bard thing but im only doing 7 copies and thier gonna be uctioned an stuff..then he went ad published it anyway.
i mean i'm gald she did but i wish she didn't contradit herself like that

so my friend remett came u with a name for perople who like HP and twilight
THE ORDER OF PHOENIX
^you get it?

i love it! XD

i ws so sad when hp ended but then not soon after i found twilight and that filled the void
ilove them both but i think SM is a etter author, i think the host really proves this.

what do you ot think.
believe JKRowlig had an aazing idea but i feel she is an average author
but SM's writig style has grown on e throughout the saga andnow with the host i think she has become a varytalente authoir.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^I'm going to have to disagree with you on SM being a better author. I'm not gonna go into specifics because I did that in another thread, but many in the literary world would also say JKR is better. I'm not going to knock SM because I like her story and I enjoyed reading it. All in all, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this, but they are both good stories and are fun to read over and over.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

yh, i can see why people would say that, this is just my oppinion.
I'm not dissing JKRowling either i just don't think she is a great a writer if you campare it to the popularity of the books
do i make any sence?

so i love both of the book serieses just prefer SM's writing style
but i think i get here you are coming from with JK's writing..my next door neighbour is in love with twilight but harrypotter will allways win for her when you compare the two and she's been taling to me about how much better JK is (even thouh she loves SM) so i think i get why you think that
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

To me, Rowling's writing seems a little more professional while Stephenie's is what I would considered casual. Rowling is telling the "legendary" tale of the boy who lived which causes her writing to be something of a testimony of events while Stephenie is trying to connect her readers with the girl who fell irrevocably in love with a vampire which causes it to read like a simple yet complex retelling of the past.

I prefer neither since I like both. I love the sophisticated writing of JKR because it comes across serious and purposeful while I love SM's somewhat relaxed tone that delivers a serious but at times light story.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I'm just going to jump in here and say that "The Order of the Pheonix" is an excellent name for us Twilight/HP folk. :P

I've read the tale of beetle the bard but my mum didn't let me buy it, so those of you who have it, better read it! My favorite is the wizard and the hopping pot. XD
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.