Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

That's a first! So they really don't want to get big or play at larger crowds? I would think bands would like to let their music touch a wider span of their audience. But I guess they don't want to be mainstream.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

for them its not really about being famous or having tons of people listen to their music. its more about showing love for harry potter in a new way, having, and making fun music. i love them and really admire that. plus it makes it more personal too. like ihave been to 4 wizardrock concerts and its awesome how you feel lik eyour exclusive vip person kinda of a thing..and you can actually talk to them. i have seen harry and the potters the remus lupins 2 times and draco and the malfoys.
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

you seem to know so much about wizard rock, could you recommend some songs/bands to download? a lot of them seem to have free demos and stuff online but there were so many bands i didn't know where to start!

btw. if you go to the wizard rockumentary page they have info on downloading and purchasing cds, but its still too much to choose from
deven

Post by deven »

yeah i do know a lot! i really like wizardrock! umm the best bands in my opinion..in order are
-ministry of magic
-the moaning myrtles
-the remus lupis
-draco and the malfoys
-the parselmouths
-harry and the potters

those are just my favorites..i am sure there are other good bands too..if you want some specific songs PM me! =]
edwardlikeshaystacks

deven wrote:for them its not really about being famous or having tons of people listen to their music. its more about showing love for harry potter in a new way, having, and making fun music. i love them and really admire that. plus it makes it more personal too. like ihave been to 4 wizardrock concerts and its awesome how you feel lik eyour exclusive vip person kinda of a thing..and you can actually talk to them. i have seen harry and the potters the remus lupins 2 times and draco and the malfoys.
Ah I guess I see where you're coming from. Well, in that case then I think that's really different of them to do something like that. When do they have these concerts anyway?
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

deven wrote:yeah i do know a lot! i really like wizardrock! umm the best bands in my opinion..in order are
-ministry of magic
-the moaning myrtles
-the remus lupis
-draco and the malfoys
-the parselmouths
-harry and the potters

those are just my favorites..i am sure there are other good bands too..if you want some specific songs PM me! =]
ah those are all so good! I listened to a little of all of them. I also found one called roonil wazlib that I loved in case anyone else is curious. thanks again for those great recommendations! I really want to go see them all play now

oh, and alas earwax! has a song called twilight lol
deven

Post by deven »

yeah..the moaning myrtles have a song called cedric...it metions twilight a few times.

alas earwax is pretty good. i am not too fond of roonil wazlib.

but they have concerts in really low key places...not where normall concerts are. i have seen a few at libraries. and then we have a drive in theater here and i have seen 2 concerts there. they are just regular people so they dont have money to rent out big concert houses.
edwardlikeshaystacks

Well, getting back on the topic of the books a little...

I was just thinking about (and giggling) how in the 7th book, Ron manages to mimic Harry's parseltongue in saying "open". I was wondering, since not everyone is born a parselmouth, could they possibly learn to master it like how Rob learned that little phrase?
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I think open would be considered a simple phrase in parseltongue, so I don't think one would have to try too hard to learn how to say that. As for the entirety of parseltongue, it might be like learning another language from a different country only there's no book or rules to go by. If someone paid close attention to a parseltongue's conversations and how they form sentences, maybe, but it could take years on end for them to master it. I'm going to say yes, but it would be extremely difficult to learn it.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
edwardlikeshaystacks

Thats a cool thing to think about. LIke you could be a Hufflepuff and someone manage to master the language of Parseltongue. :roll: Wait, only a few slytherins can speak parseltongue, right?