Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by Flairfive »

Ive been here, just as a guest, lol
delighted_one
Settled in Forks

Post by delighted_one »

It bothers me when people say that Twilight is the next Harry Potter. While Twilight is a very good series, it will never be as successful as the Harry Potter books. First of all, HP appeals to a much wider audience. Twilight mostly to teenage girls. HP has seven books all great in length and the plot is just so . . . words can't describe it.

There's no doubt in my mind that Harry Potter won't be as popular twenty years from now. Pride and Prejudice is, and it's a hundred years later. Harry Potter is just a classic that when the younger fans grow up, they're going to introduce the series to their children and so on. And even Stephenie said that Twilight and Harry Potter are in different leagues.
You actually have a really good point. I guess everyone just kind of got excited about Twilight because it was really a great series and the Harry Potter fans needed something new to discuss since all the books are finished. Harry Potter really is a legend and it will continue to be so.
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Post by Leah_says »

Saffron Sunset wrote:
*Bloodlust* wrote:You know what would be even better? A Renesmee/Albus Severus fanfic! :twisted:
Oh dear lord, what would *their* child be called?
I cringe away from the thought. =D

DISCLAIMER: Don't bash me, it's harmless fun, I liked Breaking Dawn ...
And their child would be wizard/vampire/muggle/human. Eek, they would never fit in anywhere.

=D
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

And Nessie and Albus would call their child...GELLA. BINNY. HARWERD. ERRY.

Gella Harwerd. Binny Erry.

oh the possibilities! :lol:

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
Jazz<3Jasper

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

RajaniArchana wrote:And Nessie and Albus would call their child...GELLA. BINNY. HARWERD. ERRY.

Lol. I think Jacob would take care of Albus before any of that could happen, cause Jacob could totally destroy Albus.
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

RajaniArchana wrote:And Nessie and Albus would call their child...GELLA. BINNY. HARWERD. ERRY.

OH MY GOD. I would cry for their children!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:

OH MY GOD. I would cry for their children!

No! Those are AWESOME names! "Harwerd" and "Gella" are my favorites!
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
JustHuman
Wandering Through Town

Post by JustHuman »

Me and my friend Grace are mad about Harry Potter (I've bought her all 4 twilight books for her bday, dont worry)
and I'm the only one she can talk to about them. Its mad. She just comes out with stuff like OH MY GOD - DANIEL RADCLIFFE IS NOOOOOT HARRY POTTER!
'In Love With All Of These Vampires
So You Can Leave Like The Sane Abandoned Me'
- My Chemical Romance
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

delighted_one wrote:
It bothers me when people say that Twilight is the next Harry Potter. While Twilight is a very good series, it will never be as successful as the Harry Potter books. First of all, HP appeals to a much wider audience. Twilight mostly to teenage girls. HP has seven books all great in length and the plot is just so . . . words can't describe it.

There's no doubt in my mind that Harry Potter won't be as popular twenty years from now. Pride and Prejudice is, and it's a hundred years later. Harry Potter is just a classic that when the younger fans grow up, they're going to introduce the series to their children and so on. And even Stephenie said that Twilight and Harry Potter are in different leagues.
You actually have a really good point. I guess everyone just kind of got excited about Twilight because it was really a great series and the Harry Potter fans needed something new to discuss since all the books are finished. Harry Potter really is a legend and it will continue to be so.
There also isn't as many things to discuss in Twilight, as in Harry Potter. Even the names have a meaning and contribute to the plot line.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

Liv-wa wrote:
delighted_one wrote:

There also isn't as many things to discuss in Twilight, as in Harry Potter. Even the names have a meaning and contribute to the plot line.
Harry Potter has a lot of meaning in the books. There isn't much to decipher in Twilight. After you read it...that's it, no hidden meaning at all.